Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #41
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
can you summarize what is missing compared to razor edit?
From what I recall, one big missing feature in Razer Edit is envelope editing and transform. Creating a razer area then dragging up or down to create a new envelope segment, clicking handles to skew and reshape the envelopes, etc. There are scripts in the Razer Edit scripts thread that will do this, but haven't checked them out yet myself.

I'd still like these features eventually worked into Razer Edit in the future for a tidy native implementation.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #42
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
From what I recall, one big missing feature in Razer Edit is envelope editing and transform. Creating a razer area then dragging up or down to create a new envelope segment, clicking handles to skew and reshape the envelopes, etc. There are scripts in the Razer Edit scripts thread that will do this, but haven't checked them out yet myself.

I'd still like these features eventually worked into Razer Edit in the future for a tidy native implementation.
gotcha. That's pretty much all I felt was a limitation with using it for things like dialog editing where I do a lot of envelope segment editing with time selections. the other would be having the edit/play cursor move to the start of the edit, but I can see lots of people wouldn't want that. I like to be able to listen back in context immediately after making a change.

That said I don't think razor edit needs to cover every possible use case. I was 100% happy with my editing workflow and speed before. And this unlocked a few new tricks