Old 03-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
Silverfire
Human being with feelings

Default I broke my Reaper install

After successfully creating my Aggregate device in 4.76 I found after installing 4.77 that it was gone.

There was no recording device listed and I needed to re-record some 4 pages of audio.

So I went back to recreate it.

I created an aggregate device, using the one wrong device, but was hoping to edit afterwards. Also there was something I didn't remember seeing the first time. Something called Reaper devices. Since I had my aggregate device I deleted the Reaper devices item from the list.

This is, apparently, a fatal mistake. Not only do I not have any listed recording devices in the arming screen; I can't create another aggregate device, nor can I edit the existing one.

I have deleted Reaper and reinstalled it and I still have the same problem. Obviously there's a hidden setting somewhere that I need to change but I have no idea where to start looking. I'm using OS X and a Mac Air.

Any ideas folks? I need this project done by the end of next week and while I can edit my existing audio I really do need to fix this section.

Also thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

/newb mistake

Last edited by Silverfire; 03-11-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Left off OS/ hardware
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
Silverfire
Human being with feelings

Default Okay slightly different problem.

Figured out that the audio editing screen was buried at the bottom of my screen.

Recreated the aggregate device using my usb codec (for my external microphone) and the default output for using my headphones with.

I then renamed the device, went back into Reaper and selected it. I still do not have the option to record after arming the project to record. At this point I'm at a loss as to how to get my microphone to work.

Having done this successfully once I'm very frustrated that I can't get it to work now.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote