Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-19-2022, 01:10 AM   #1
Camel
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper automatically closes when another program is open

Hi guys,

I've had the problem for a long time that Reaper closes automatically when another program is open. I always thought it had something to do with my MIDI keyboard Komplete Kontrol, because often the problem occurred when the keyboard was on and another program (FL Studio or Google Chrome) was open. But now I also had the problem without the keyboard being switched on. Only one YouTube video was open. As soon as I close the video, I can reopen Reaper. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this?

https://youtu.be/Woo1dsARLtI

Thanks in advance
Andreas
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:41 PM   #2
nucklear

you tried to change the audio driver.?
In the video capture your mic icon always is active... that is not right, some program is using the system
nucklear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:02 PM   #3
foxAsteria

What audio device are you using? Apparently Reaper is trying to use the same outputs as the OS. You'll need to set them up to use different ones.

It could also be that Reaper is trying to run at a different sample rate as the system and the system won't allow it, so you could try changing that to 48K.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:46 AM   #4
Camel

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your tips!
I tried again a bit and found out that they were two different things.

On YouTube, the reason was the "Five Loop" extension, which allows you to change the pitch and speed of the videos (the small 8 on the bottom left).

The second reason Reaper closed when FL Studio is open was that Reaper doesn't seem to like the "Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1" input which is enabled in FL Studio and is required to send messages from the keyboard to the DAW. Even if I activate this input in Reaper without FL Studio open, Reaper immediately closes automatically. In Reaper this input is not needed and in FL Studio you can only use it to control the transport with it, so I just leave it out in FL Studio and hope that Reaper doesn't close automatically anymore!
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:24 PM   #5
foxAsteria

I've had some crashes in the past related to ReaKontrol plugin. You might see if it's in your Reaper resources folder/UserPlugins and remove it temporarily for troubleshooting.