Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

View Poll Results: Would you use this feature ?
Yes, definitely 15 100.00%
No, definitely 0 0%
I don't understand what you need, definitely 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
toxxics
Human being with feelings

Default Exclusive solo mode

Solo EXCLUSIVE mode Toggle

Request

Ability to set default Solo mode to Solo Exclusive (instead of Solo in Place) .

So tracks will be by default Solo Exclusive when I click the "Solo" button on a track (or if multiple tracks are selected)

Benefit

Another way to manage soloing. Pro Tools users know this feature well.

Reason

Workflow : Pressing Ctlr + Alt everytime to Solo exlusively a track is time consuming when working on numberous tracks.

Plus easier behaviour when using a DAW Controller such as behringer X Touch and others

Implementation Suggestion

Could be an option in Preferences -> Audio -> Mute/Solo -> Solo Settings -> A dropdown menu where you can set default Solo mode :
- Solo In Place
- Solo (ignore routing)
- Solo Exclusive
See Photo !

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: png Solo Exclusive Mode.png (41.3 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by toxxics; 10-19-2022 at 04:46 AM. Reason: More concise
toxxics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:17 AM   #2
AZpercussion

Your suggestion looks like for each track option.
Is interesting. But PT have an option for all tracks.
If you want to toggle option for all tracks, so you need customizible mouse modifiers for track buttons.
Then you could make a toggle action.
Recently I made a request for this: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=245240
It's more universal solution, I think.
AZpercussion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
toxxics

For my request it's really about a clickable option to solo exclusive any track when I press "Solo" button without doing keystrokes (neither mouse modifiers).

Your idea isn't bad too. I could make my buses to only be Soloed exclusively and keep regular tracks as is with Solo in place.

Anyway I'll give you a + 1 on your thread to give it more visibily beause it could help too.

Regards,
Old 04-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #4
Kevin@Smallhousestudios

Default PLEASE

I would for sure use this feature. I would still use regular soloing too but I would be fine with that being mapped to a key command. I'd also this toggle to be global as moving my mouse all the way to the solo button is slow. If it were global could it also work for the action "Track: Toggle solo for selected Tracks".

This way I can click an item and solo the whole track with a key command instead of using my mouse. OR add the action "Track: Toggle exclusive solo for selected tracks".

I could see how this wouldn't help someone making music but its a must for dialogue editing.
Kevin@Smallhousestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #5
vanhaze

Maybe this Custom Action i made is useful:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr1zgyjbn7...perKeyMap?dl=0

Workflow:

- (Optional: activate "Loop Points linked to Time Selection")
- Import this Custom Action in Action List and assign a keyshortcut to it.
- Point mouse at an item you want to be exclusively Solo-ed.
- Press keyshortcut

Outcome:

The mouse pointed Item will play from its start and will be exclusively Solo-ed.
If you have "Loop Points linked to Time Selection" enabled, the Item will be played looped.

Point mouse again to Item and hit keyshortcut again to disable Exclusive Solo for the Item.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:19 AM   #6
stephenbreitling

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxxics View Post
Solo exclusive mode toggle

Request

Adding a Solo Exclusive toggle mode. Instead of automatically Solo tracks in place this mode will Solo exclusively selected track(s) and mute others when I click "Solo" button on a track.

Benefit

It's another maneer to manage soloing. Pro Tools users know this feature pretty well.

Reason

Pressing Ctlr + Alt everytime to solo exlusively a track is time consuming when working on numberous tracks, I don't know how to script so I need your help.

A Solo Exclusive mode toggle selectable when I right click on "Solo" button in track context instead of Solo in place (see picture)

Regards
a n exclusive solo option is something i'm missing too. of corse there are work arounds and pressing "alt" isn't a big deal. i think though, that i would use exclusive solo generally, (adding more channels by holding shift), so having an option to switch to this mode permanently is something, i actually would expect to have.

geetings!
stephenbreitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #7
wrod

Like others have mentioned, my workflow involves using Exclusive Solo as my primary soloing method. Thus, having the option to always make the Solo button have this behavior by default would be great.
wrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:49 AM   #8
toxxics

Default Bump

I don't know if bumps are permitted, but there's a long time I posted that thread and I still need that feature :S

Cheers
Old 12-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #9
Adn_71

Quote:

Request

Ability to set default Solo mode to Solo Exclusive (instead of Solo in Place) .

So tracks will be by default Solo Exclusive when I click the "Solo" button on a track (or if multiple tracks are selected)

Benefit

Another way to manage soloing. Pro Tools users know this feature well.

Reason

Workflow : Pressing Ctlr + Alt everytime to Solo exlusively a track is time consuming when working on numberous tracks.

Plus easier behaviour when using a DAW Controller such as behringer X Touch and others

Could be an option in Preferences -> Audio -> Mute/Solo -> Solo Settings -> A dropdown menu where you can set default Solo mode :
- Solo In Place
- Solo (ignore routing)
- Solo Exclusive
See Photo !

Regards
Yes please, i have the same way of work with the Solos, just adding when necesary. +1 for this feature, is cumbersome to have modifiers for this, i rather have them for the other Solos, which i use them ocasionally.

I am not a protools user (although i have one skin made by one user because i always loved the simplicity and the instant recognizition of the simple yet efficient idea of the coloured strips) but an ex cubase sx user, and i always use the solo the way you describe.
Adn_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:39 AM   #10
gdm_music

Quote:
you can try my defer script :-
https://github.com/GDM-Music/GDM-Scr...s%20soloed.lua
gdm_music is online now   Reply With Quote