Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-06-2022, 12:55 PM   #1
inertia
Human being with feelings

Default Faderport 8/16 Native Controller for Windows x64

This is alpha software and has bugs/unimplemented features and limitations. I will try to take care of bugs and issues as I find the time. I work as a programmer during the day so I will take care of issues as I find the time. Usually at weekends.

This controller is built for my use only and optimised for how I want my controller to behave in Reaper.

This public code version is a stripped down version of my non-public code. This simplified public version allows you to control one instance of either the Faderport 16 or Faderport 8.

The code base is originally designed to control two Faderport units at the same and offer advance features specific to my workflow. Therefore, there is still some legacy code and design patterns to take into account two Faderports, which I will try and remove/optimise as I go along. If anyone else has two Faderports and is interested in my driver, then just get in touch.

Because I do not know of anyone using two Faderports or expect them to understand my view on how they should be controlled, I have released this simplified code.

If you want more flexibility and customisation, then I recommend using the Control Surface Integrator, by Geoff Waddington and installing Airon's Faderport configuration files as a starting point.

Please be aware that this is a test version and will have bugs. Feel free to leave comments or report issues at Github. At the moment I cannot get this to compile for x86 and I do not know how to compile it for Mac.

Github : https://github.com/inertia666/ReaperFaderportNative

Stash (2022-03-06): https://stash.reaper.fm/v/43911/Fp16.zip
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:18 AM   #2
Exquse

Hello Inertia,

Love youre controller. Makes make faderport 8 finaly usefull within reaper. It would be nice if you can implement the 'script' used for buschannels, also for the other "channel buttons" on the faderport 8. So yoy can select different set of channels on the faderport 8. VI for the virtual instrument, midi for the other miditracks, ect. With the naming of the channels based on youre script the faderport 8 can control lost of groups of channels without touching the mouse or keyboard.

Dropping markers would also be verry nince

Greetings
Quirien
Exquse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:47 AM   #3
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquse View Post
Hello Inertia,

Love youre controller. Makes make faderport 8 finaly usefull within reaper. It would be nice if you can implement the 'script' used for buschannels, also for the other "channel buttons" on the faderport 8. So yoy can select different set of channels on the faderport 8. VI for the virtual instrument, midi for the other miditracks, ect. With the naming of the channels based on youre script the faderport 8 can control lost of groups of channels without touching the mouse or keyboard.

Dropping markers would also be verry nince

Greetings
Quirien

Finally someone had a look at it, haha!

It should be trivial to add the VI button and other buttons using the same prefix system. I will add that. Will mean people will need to read the instructions on creating a config file that will work but it's not hard.

I can also make the "marker" button drop a marker but you should be able to do this yourself anyway by adding an action to drop a marker and map to the marker button.

All buttons have a pass through to Reaper so can be assigned using actions.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:44 AM   #4
Exquse

Thank you! Looking forward to it.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
inertia

Quote:
Thank you! Looking forward to it.
The stash is updated with the prefix logic for audio/vi buttons.

I haven't had a lot of time to get this done or test it but should be working ok.

I haven't had time to figure out how to implement further prefixes for when holding shift (inputs/MIDI/outputs/FX/user).
Old 05-26-2022, 03:00 AM   #6
Exquse

Thank you, I,m going to install and test today. Keep you posted.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #7
inertia

Quote:
Thank you, I,m going to install and test today. Keep you posted.
I also recommend checking this out

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=267116

I am helping out here to get the CSI working with the FP8/16 and it is close to becoming a complete solution for the Faderport 8/16 series.

I will likely maintain my drive for a while in the meantime.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:15 AM   #8
galgogergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
I also recommend checking this out

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=267116

I am helping out here to get the CSI working with the FP8/16 and it is close to becoming a complete solution for the Faderport 8/16 series.

I will likely maintain my drive for a while in the meantime.
Hi,
Thanks for the work you do.
Is there any chance of this becoming available under Mac?
thanks!
G
galgogergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:51 PM   #9
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by galgogergo View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the work you do.
Is there any chance of this becoming available under Mac?
thanks!
G
I just need someone with a Mac to compile and test it. The source code is freely downloadable from Github.

The only thing that might trip it up is the paths to the config files, but should be easily fixable.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:15 AM   #10
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
I just need someone with a Mac to compile and test it. The source code is freely downloadable from Github.

The only thing that might trip it up is the paths to the config files, but should be easily fixable.
There are now free ways to host build environments, I think GitHub has them, and others as well.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 PM   #11
inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
There are now free ways to host build environments, I think GitHub has them, and others as well.
I'll look into it, thanks.