Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #641
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stop Continues View Post
This would be ideal! It only requires that I completely rewrite the splicer code (the reason being that right now, it pushes the limit of my host's memory limit and the only way to load and compare a third menuset would be if reamenus versions were stored in a database as objects--or better yet, as diffs...)

Unfortunately, near ReaMenus birth, in order for users with slow computers to be able to import/export large menu sets, Cockos optimized the code, making it so that items were all out of order... (Coincidentally, that was the first time I had to rewrite the Splicer from the ground up.)

Also, ideally the Splicer would be a reaper plugin, right? Something that allowed the flexibility of the Customize Menus... dialog, automatic updates, etc. Alas, as C++ is not my native language, I am not in a position to dedicate my time to that. If only there were someone else...
i'm not sure if this is something easy for you to do, but i all i would really need would if reamenus updates browsed my actions in my menus and only added more current items. i mean, if i have to do a little house cleaning with new actions, it's not so bad, since i am getting new actions. the only thing i really fear is losing the optimizations i've done already.

this might create doubles of subfolders at times, which would suck a little, but if reamenus could also recognize that a folder has moved and still puts items within correct folder, that would be sick too, but i think that's just way too wishful thinking.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #642
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
i'm not sure if this is something easy for you to do, but i all i would really need would if reamenus updates browsed my actions in my menus and only added more current items. i mean, if i have to do a little house cleaning with new actions, it's not so bad, since i am getting new actions. the only thing i really fear is losing the optimizations i've done already.
I'm sure you'll understand when I say that as much as I would like to do something like that, it isn't worth the time it would take me to do it. I wish it were.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #643
Sound asleep

Quote:
I'm sure you'll understand when I say that as much as I would like to do something like that, it isn't worth the time it would take me to do it. I wish it were.
Ya, i'm just unsure about which things are easy and which are hard for things like this. But in general, from my experience things are much harder than you'd think when it comes to programming.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #644
daxliniere

Hey Mike,
Unfortunately I'm not a programmer otherwise I'd be more than happy to help out.
I was always surprised that the Splicer was an online thing. While I don't think it needs to be built into REAPER as an extension, I could see it as a stand-alone program that checks online (your host) for the latest ReaMenus version.
I could see a program that compares the stock standard previous version with the user-modified previous version, then implements the changes as per a changelog with the current version.

Perhaps in future a ReaMenus version number could be hidden somewhere in the file so it's easier for future versions of the Splicer to determine which ReaMenus version it should compare with.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #645
Wilkesin

The 4.03 download file doesnt give me a valid archive that I can extract. Anyone know what gives?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #646
speakeasy singapore

Default Key Maps

An interesting read on ReaMenus and thanks. Prior to trying it, or maybe when I do, I want to import a keymap series from another computer with a map I prefer. I can export it and put it on a thumb drive, but when import it to the other PC, none of the functions work. It goes somewhere, but where? Your menus might make that easier. Can you help me here.

Thank you
speakeasy singapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #647
Marah Mag

Default Does ReaMenus work on toolbars?

Hi.

Does ReaMenus work on toolbars?

I have a toolbar that I've customized. I would like to change the order of the buttons. I can do this using the regular toolbar editor. But it's a tedious process.

I tried editing the .ReaperMenu file in a text editor, but it's format doesn't lend itself to quick item reordering (unless I'm overlooking something...)

Thus this post.

Thank you.
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #648
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marah Mag View Post
Does ReaMenus work on toolbars?
ReaMenus does NOT affect toolbars. Importing ReaMenus menusets, even splicer-made menusets, will not change your toolbars.

However, I think you're asking about something different:

Unfortunately, REAPER exports menusets out-of-order. It wasn't always this way. That said, it can read menusets IN-order:

So if you are willing to reorder all of the actions to your preferred order (in a text editor), you could then go down the list and change the item numbers to be chronological and that's how REAPER would interpret them.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #649
The Dude

Nice work! Thank you!
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #650
daxliniere

Hey Mike,
I just found (by RTFM, duh! ) an awesome action in the Xenakios extension!

It's called Take Mixer and it's awesome!
Just as I've done, you should add it to the media item context menu under the Takes section.

Cheers!

Last edited by daxliniere; 11-23-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #651
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
It's called Take Mixer and it's awesome!
Just as I've done, you should add it to the media item context menu under the Takes section.
Dax, you're absolutely right. The take mixer is already under ::TAKES::->Envelope->Take mixer... It's in a submenu because not everyone uses takes as item containers. If you can get some other people to show their support, I'd definitely move it up.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #652
daxliniere

Hey Mike,
Sorry, I didn't find it in the menus since it isn't related to envelopes.

No need to move it up for my sake alone, I just thought it was just a powerful thing it should be in plain view (I put mine just under the :: TAKES :: heading)

All the best!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #653
sonnie

Just wanted to try the ReaMenues, but its offline, isn't it?
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #654
Mike Stop Continues

Yes, it is, but it won't be for long. I'm in the process of updating my website and condensing the ReaMenus stuff down to one page. I'll post a message when it's back up (probably Monday). Thanks for your interest! ;D
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #655
sonnie

Great, thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #656
StrangeSound

Just found this topic and can't wait to try it out
StrangeSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #657
RJHollins

we need Mike .... we need Mike !

RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #658
Mike Stop Continues

I'm sorry! I ran into some problems when I uploaded the new site to my server. Very soon!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #659
semiquaver

pleeeeze come back - my reamenu is sooo old...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #660
Mike Stop Continues

Thank you for caring! I'm so sorry that my website is taking so long. Here's the most recent version. I promise to have everything in order ASAP!

ReaMenus 4.03

Again, I'm really sorry. The new site worked great until I uploaded it and between the holidays and grad school, time has been hard to come by.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #661
sonnie

"Installed" it and love it, thank you
Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #662
StrangeSound

Thanks man. This should be integrated by default and more people would go for Reaper and take it more seriously Reaper should will be more fun now!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #663
tombuur

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeSound View Post
Thanks man. This should be integrated by default and more people would go for Reaper and take it more seriously Reaper should will be more fun now!
I have said the same thing a number of times in this forum. I can't understand why they don't improve the default menu system. The current one scares new users away.
Reaper 5, latest release, 64-bit w SWS |GA Z270 UD5|Intel i7 K7700|32 GB RAM|Fireface 800|500GB SSD sys, 1TB SSD Rec, 4TB HDD samples|Win 10 64bit|Dynaudio BM6A|Softube Console 1|Sonnox|Waves|Melda|Superior 3|Komplete 12U|Melodyne|Slate|Izotope.
tombuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #664
sonnie

Quote:
This should be integrated by default
This would be awesome.
The readjustment was a bit difficult for me, but now the flow is getting much better.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #665
StrangeSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
I have said the same thing a number of times in this forum. I can't understand why they don't improve the default menu system. The current one scares new users away.
Well, let's put a shout again ;-)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #666
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
It's the same reason they don't import most of SWS features into the core: They want to encourage community development. If they outdid the community, we wouldn't necessarily feel compelled to contribute.

Honestly, I'd be totally happy if the community simply functioned as a dev platform for Reaper. I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't rather the community be trying really unique stuff instead of "filling in the gaps" of the core.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #667
copacetic

Quote:
It's the same reason they don't import most of SWS features into the core: They want to encourage community development. If they outdid the community, we wouldn't necessarily feel compelled to contribute.

Honestly, I'd be totally happy if the community simply functioned as a dev platform for Reaper. I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't rather the community be trying really unique stuff instead of "filling in the gaps" of the core.
While this makes good sense, and is a great part of the Reaper experience, it would be nice if more community driven stuff was more officially endorsed or 'visible' somehow.

Aside from the SWS extensions, it takes a while for a noob, myself very much included, to find excellent stuff like your own.

At least that was my experience, it took a lot of figuring out in the beginning what was what, and I can see this, as many others have mentioned, as being something of a barrier to new users.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #668
tombuur

For one thing SWS is in the Reaper.fm resources page. ReaMenus is not, but ought to be.

... On the other hand I guess that would be highlighting the insufficiencies of their own cluttered menus.
Reaper 5, latest release, 64-bit w SWS |GA Z270 UD5|Intel i7 K7700|32 GB RAM|Fireface 800|500GB SSD sys, 1TB SSD Rec, 4TB HDD samples|Win 10 64bit|Dynaudio BM6A|Softube Console 1|Sonnox|Waves|Melda|Superior 3|Komplete 12U|Melodyne|Slate|Izotope.
tombuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #669
StrangeSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
At least that was my experience, it took a lot of figuring out in the beginning what was what, and I can see this, as many others have mentioned, as being something of a barrier to new users.
Well, somehow you have to become "worthy" for it ;-) I really appreciate Reaper but when I first tried it my conclusion was "that's the Linux of DAWs" which is really fine if you take the time to learn it and get used to it. Months later I gave Reaper another chance and slowly got it (just a bit worthy ;-) ) and I learn every few days new stuff (bugs as well) ;-)
Old 01-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #670
Mike Stop Continues

Hey all!
My website is back online.
Enjoy the splicer!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #671
StrangeSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
While this makes good sense, and is a great part of the Reaper experience, it would be nice if more community driven stuff was more officially endorsed or 'visible' somehow.

Aside from the SWS extensions, it takes a while for a noob, myself very much included, to find excellent stuff like your own.

They should offer it on their homepage and mention it as they already do with the SWS stuff. Also, their servers should run 24/7 for 365 days a year, so there shouldn't be a problem then to get the file anytime!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #672
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
They should offer it on their homepage and mention it as they already do with the SWS stuff. Also, their servers should run 24/7 for 365 days a year, so there shouldn't be a problem then to get the file anytime!
You're right. I wish. The one problem is the splicer, which I don't know if they'd be happy to host. Though, to be honest, only a select few actually use the splicer.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #673
ThePulse

Where is the option to SET the colors of the gradients located? The only option I see is to apply the gradient, but not to set colors for it.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #674
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePulse View Post
Where is the option to SET the colors of the gradients located? The only option I see is to apply the gradient, but not to set colors for it.
View->Tools->Color management...

It's in a few other places too. Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #675
ThePulse

Quote:
View->Tools->Color management...

It's in a few other places too. Enjoy!
Ok I'm used to this option being present when right-clicking on a selected track.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #676
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePulse View Post
Ok I'm used to this option being present when right-clicking on a selected track.
It was on that menu for a long time. It was moved because it was more of a set-and-forget dialog.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #677
ValeryOrloff

Default Great work

Thanks for great work, Mike!
when importing, my original float toolbar lost,
How import your cool MenuSet, to save my custom toolbar (toolbar ONLY, not menus) intact?
ValeryOrloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #678
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeryOrloff View Post
Thanks for great work, Mike!
when importing, my original float toolbar lost,
How import your cool MenuSet, to save my custom toolbar (toolbar ONLY, not menus) intact?
ReaMenus doesn't replace toolbars. I don't know why that would happen. As long as you do NOT click "reset" you should be fine.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #679
XITE-1/4LIVE

I deleted the ReaMenus to learn Reaper more thouroughly using videos and staying stock, but I just went back and saw you have a newer version so I was all excited to get them, and I remembered the right click option and I get an HTML Document, no Mas Menus.....
Is this still working and you are updating the site...?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #680
Mike Stop Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
I deleted the ReaMenus to learn Reaper more thouroughly using videos and staying stock, but I just went back and saw you have a newer version so I was all excited to get them, and I remembered the right click option and I get an HTML Document, no Mas Menus.....
Is this still working and you are updating the site...?

Thanks
Yikes. It's fixed.

In the next week or so, I'll probably get to an update for Reaper 4.20. I'll post when I get it done.