Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
lerian
Human being with feelings

Default mcp anomaly - variable width [possible theme adjuster bug]

Hi guys, did anyone else encountered this thing? I have two tracks, both are the same to my eyes, but one is larger than the other by few pixels, and that changes how some elements are displayed - input fx in this case. Is there any rule by which this is occurring? Thanks

LE: I attached rtconfig.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtconfig.txt (70.7 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by lerian; 01-14-2020 at 02:59 AM.
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:57 AM   #2
lerian

Ok, i somehow find why its that, it has something to do with meter expansion from theme adjuster. This also happens in the default 6 theme, it only expands track no. 4 for some reason. Can anyone please confirm this is not only in my PC? Thank you.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:42 AM   #3
synkrotron

Hi lerian

I have just tried this on my Windows 10 REAPER setup.

To confirm, I used an un-edited version of the default V6 theme and in Theme Adjuster I set my Track 4 to Layout A (100%) with Do Meter Expansion selected as show in your screenshot.

For some reason, on my PC, the Meter Expansion has never worked. The width of the selected MCP track never changes when clicking on the Meter Expansion arrows in the Theme Adjuster.

I never bothered to query why this is the case because I always wanted narrowest MCP tracks anyway.

Sorry.

cheers

andy
Old 01-14-2020, 05:53 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

This was a bug in some earlier builds of the Def6 theme. Can you confirm you are on the latest please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
To confirm, I used an un-edited version of the default V6 theme and in Theme Adjuster I set my Track 4 to Layout A (100%) with Do Meter Expansion selected as show in your screenshot.

For some reason, on my PC, the Meter Expansion has never worked. The width of the selected MCP track never changes when clicking on the Meter Expansion arrows in the Theme Adjuster.
The meter expansion is a fix for the problem with multi-channel tracks where all the meters would get squished into tiny lines. If you're only using a normal stereo track, its not going to do anything.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:09 AM   #5
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
The meter expansion is a fix for the problem with multi-channel tracks where all the meters would get squished into tiny lines. If you're only using a normal stereo track, its not going to do anything.
Ah, I see.

Yes, I mainly use stereo tracks.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
vsthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
This was a bug in some earlier builds of the Def6 theme. Can you confirm you are on the latest please?

Hi White Tie! I'm having a strange problem that when I load themes that are mods of the main theme, certain tracks become much wider, without other changes being made. Can you help me diagnose this?

https://imgur.com/a/KFx8cjw

This happens with multiple themes, but not with BlankFiles ILogic Themes. It's very strange.

Thanks!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
lerian

Thanks WT, indeed a vst on that track made multiple outputs and that was the reason the track went larger. Im not sure where was the bug you were talking about, in the rtconfig itself or the theme adjuster? Was on reaper 6.03 when that happened, but after i played with the meter expansion option it disappeared.