Old 08-29-2019, 10:41 PM   #1
homiealien1
Human being with feelings

Default TyrellN6 VST Issues

So I have been looking to use some free vintage-style VSTs, found this one. It's got presets and everything. Reaper opens, all seems well. When I go to click on it, it crashes reaper and says that file couldn't be created to somewhere in C:/ , most likely a problem with file permission.

Anyone know where tf I went wrong here??

Also there are multiple versions of it for download, I picked the VST2 version with presets, if that helps. Thanks a ton if you got an answer.
homiealien1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:21 AM   #2
ivansc

I recently re-downloaded & installed the same version as you & its working OK.

Might be worth uninstalling the version you installed & re-downloading it from U-he.
But before you do that, make sure that your registrations stuff is all in order.
Otherwise, since its working OK in reaper for myself and others, it might be worth contacting U-he. In my experience, their installers do sometimes place the VST plugin in an unexpected location, like creating a folder called "vst plugins" on your C:\ directory instead of using the more normal C:\Program Files\vst plugins one most plugs expect.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #3
wildschwein

In the short term try running Reaper as administrator: right click on Reaper icon > run as administrator. If there are permission issues with writing to C Drive it should fix it. I have had that plugin working in the last week or two but will be reinstalling on another PC shortly so will report back after the process. It's one of the best free VSTs around. From memory you have to create a shortcut to the presets folder in My Documents -- all this should be in the Read Me text file that comes with the download.

Last edited by wildschwein; 09-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.
wildschwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
wildschwein

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildschwein View Post
In the short term try running Reaper as administrator: right click on Reaper icon > run as administrator. If there are permission issues with writing to C Drive it should fix it. I have had that plugin working in the last week or two but will be reinstalling on another PC shortly so will report back after the process. It's one of the best free VSTs around. From memory you have to create a shortcut to the presets folder in My Documents -- all this should be in the Read Me text file that comes with the download.
I installed on Windows 7 last night with lateset version of Reaper, The latest -3 version has it's own installer so no need to create preset folder shortcuts and by default it was putting files into C: Program Files(x86) > Steinberg & Program Files > Steinberg but outside the sub VST folder in each section so Reaper couldn't see it. The VST3 file was put someplace weird as well -- I think in a VST-named folder under the C: drive. Once I moved the files into the respective sub VST folders it worked. The other option is to point Reaper to the right folder level in Options > Preferences > Plugins > VST plugin.

Last edited by wildschwein; 09-25-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:33 AM   #5
ivansc

Just noticed (I am having to completely reinstall Win10 and everything else) the same thing on my system. Anyone tried physically just moving the plugin folder where it belongs?(with your other vsts) Hopefully Tyrell 6 will pick it up, but I just re-re-installed it and selected my own locations.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:40 AM   #6
wildschwein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Just noticed (I am having to completely reinstall Win10 and everything else) the same thing on my system. Anyone tried physically just moving the plugin folder where it belongs?(with your other vsts) Hopefully Tyrell 6 will pick it up, but I just re-re-installed it and selected my own locations.
Yeah -- you can just move it.