Old 07-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Is pre-roll broken?

I can't figure out why I can't get normal playback pre-roll to behave predictably. It turns off for no reason and then toggling it on with its action does check the box but has no effect. Also, I can't figure out how to set it by milliseconds, so I'm using .5 and .25 of a bar, but it doesn't respond accurately, when it works. No recording, just need to check edits by leaving the cursor at the edit and checking it with ideally a 500 mill pre-roll. Sometimes I set it and it works, other times it doesn't do anything : (

Any guidance is much appreciated : )
Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Indirect

Right click on metronome reveals preroll functions. There is playback and recording preroll. Never had troubles you describe
Indirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
EpicSounds

preroll doesn't have a ms setting, only beats.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
vdubreeze

My main problem of it not acting properly, occasionally not turning back on when toggled, may have something to do with something loaded up. I tend to load everything that looks interesting, scripts etc, even though I don't end up using 95% of them. I need to take out everything and see what happens and load up only what I do use.

Thanks, EpicSounds. Not being able to use milliseconds is a head scratcher and a major inconvenience : (

edit: think I've located the issue, and someone who knows better can chime in. For some reason I had it in my head that I could use .5 and .25 to get around the bars only pre-roll limitation, that I had done it before. But it seems this isn't the case. Doesn't work entering .5 for a half bar, it just doesn't pre-roll even when the box is checked. Entering 1/2 OTOH makes it default to 1, so I thought it was working then when in fact it wasn't for a half bar, only one bar.

So...pre-roll, aside from being limited to bars and not time, can't be set at beats, such as two beats, to get a shorter-than-a-full-bar pre-roll? Only bars and one bar is the shortest?

Last edited by vdubreeze; 07-29-2017 at 06:53 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:31 AM   #5
vanhaze

You can make your own pre-roll by means of a Custom Action.
For instance, for a 2beat pre-roll, place edit cursor from where the pre roll should take place, then execute this Custom Action:

Move edit cursor back one beat
Move edit cursor back one beat
Transport: Play