Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
Tone Ranger
Human being with feelings

Default Removing automated actions/moves from the undo history - can it be done?

Hello Reaper hive mind!

I'm wondering if it's possible to set Reaper not to include any events occurring because of previously automated moves in the undo history?

I'll try and explain myself here! Let's say I automate a plugin to turn on in the bridge of a song, then turn off at the end of the bridge. Then as I'm playing the mix a bit more, I experiment by changing the input level control on the plugin, but decide I don't like it, so I hit undo to set it back where it was...but in the meantime the mix has played past the end of the bridge, so the last move in the undo history is the plugin turning off that I previously programmed in, not the change of the input level control that I wanted to get rid of. What I would prefer is that automated events don't appear in the undo history.

What would be a lot more useful, is for any moves I'm making currently (with the mouse or with actions) to be remembered in the undo history, but not any events playing back via automation.

Kind of hard to explain, I hope this makes sense!
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote