Old 06-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #1
The Lmnation
Human being with feelings

Default XR18 interface to Reaper on IMac

I’m using my XR18 as an interface In Reaper on my IMac . I’ve used this same same setup but with PC and it works with no issues. All devices are up to date on software etc.
the Mac sees the XR18 as an audio device inputs and output . Reaper sees the XR18 as an audio device . I have channels 15 n 16 routed as USB inputs from reaper and when I do playback from what’s on the project it plays back no problem. But there is no input signal into reaper from any channel on the Xair . I’ve tried everything I know to try I’m lost at this point . If anyone could give me a step by step on connection or tell me what I’m not doing I’d sure appreciate it .
The Lmnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lmnation View Post
I’m using my XR18 as an interface In Reaper on my IMac
If you're on Mojave or a later macOS version: have you already checked if Reaper is enabled in the mic privacy settings of macOS? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175
Old 06-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
The Lmnation

Definitely gonna make sure of that !!!!!!
The Lmnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
The Mobile Guru

Default No Sound on any channel from XR18

We have just bought an XR18 for rehearsal and recording.

We had a similar problem initially and checked out every forum.

We still don't know if we are doing it right but finally realized that the premix gain on each of the analog input channels needs to be set way higher.

Now we can record - the issue is not reaper as there is a ton of stuff online to help with that but no clear step by step explanation of the Behringer XR18 (which I think is fantastic) just need to understand what it is capable of and how to get the best out of it
The Mobile Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #5
Multibomber

On the XR18, You can have the USB returns on the Aux track, so that tracks 15 and 16 are free to use for inputs. Its been awhile since I've had that device, but if you don't know how to do anything on it, the Behringer forums are incredibly helpful. Say you're having a problem routing something correctly, or something wacky is happening, you can upload the scene from your interface, and the mods will download your scene, fix it, and then send it back to you, all ready to go. I had to do this when i first bought by XR18, and again when I got my X32.
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
serr

Go over the routing and default configuration of banks of I/O on the XR18.

I've used the X32 but not the XR18. Assuming the XR18 is a similar setup...

The X32 isn't like a normal audio interface where the I/O you see when you connect to it is directly connected to the jacks on the back of it by default. The thing is set up like a mixer with an audio interface built in. The built-in audio interface is tied to the computer when you connect as you expect. How the connections from the audio interface to the in and out jacks on the back of the unit are routed is outside of that and controlled on the unit itself.

For example, selecting the '16 input' configuration puts 16 return channels from the computer on channels 17-32 of the X32.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:35 PM   #7
twoleftfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
If you're on Mojave or a later macOS version: have you already checked if Reaper is enabled in the mic privacy settings of macOS? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175
this info just ended months of me trying to figure out why my reaper xr18 rig suddenly stopped sending signal to reaper
must've fat fingered something since it was working for awhile
anyway, thank you solger for pointing this little nugget out

twoleftfeet
twoleftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote