Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
GtrGeorge
Human being with feelings

Default Whats the best way re: Hypersonic 2 content/??

I never had this problem before...but..
Reaper suddenly can't find the content for Hypersonic2
I looked for an answer here (yeah I did a search) but didnt find a direct answer on how to fix this.
Anyone ????

PS: Im a newbie so please a little patience.Thanks.
GtrGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:36 AM   #2
ivansc

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you already downloaded the User Guide and maybe checked out some of the excellent free Video Tutorials at reaper.fm?
Are you on Mac or PC?
First thing to check is that the content files are still stored where Hypersonic 2 expects to find them. It mifght be simpler in the long run just to reinstall the lot, which should guarantee H-2 will be able to find its own files.
If the plugin shows in reaper and sends a message that it cant find its data files, it is something connected with H-2 rather than Reaper I would guess.
If however it isnt showing up at all in Reaper, read the part about plugins in the guide and then follow the instructions to do a CLEAR/rescan, not just a rescan. The reason fore doing a clear is that if a plugin fails on load it is marked off as unavailable till you clear the cache and re-scan. re-scanning on its own will ignore plugins already marked bty Reaper as "bad"
Old 07-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
GtrGeorge

Default Follow up...

Not sure, but even now..after all this time..it STILL happens. Reaper "loses" it's memory of where VSTs are located, or their contents. I have to go and look for them and tell reaper where they are . A pain in the neck, I'd say.
I have to be truthful..I get work done in Reaper..but it is not as stable as I would like. And I have worked at making it so. I'd prefer,from my POV, that further development be aimed at stabilty and not extra features so much.
GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
gofer
-blänk-

A plugin host has no memory of where a plugin’s content is. That connection is done in the plugin itself. All a host has to know is the location of the plugin, eg your Vstplugins directories.
If Reaper forgets that, then there’s something wrong with the reaper.ini file.
All I can say is that I entered those paths in 2008 and Reaper never had a problem remembering them ever since. It can happen though, that a plugin doesn’t pass a plugin scan and gets blacklisted, but it doesn’t sound like that’s what happens to you.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrGeorge View Post
Reaper suddenly can't find the content for Hypersonic2
So, what's changed since the last time you accessed that content?
OS updated? Reaper updated? Anything?
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote