Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
Avis71
Human being with feelings

Default Encode with H265

Dear All
Is it possible to encode with H265 ?
This is probably a stupid question but i couldn't find any other information elswhere.
Now i am using VLC as encoder and can see that VLC standalone supports H265 but in reaper i only see H264
Also i copied the zeranoe ffmpeg DLL's and selected FFMpeg as encoder but that also didn't help
Thank you in advance.
Avis
Avis71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
Gert Hill

Default Re: 'Encode with H265'

Same to me. I'm currently coding FLV in Reaper, downsizing with 'Handbrake'.
Gert Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:59 AM   #3
dpisera

Default Encode with H.265

Hi, I have problems when I imported a video encoding in H.265 (Davinci Resolve). In video properties Reaper indicates 16 fps instead 24 fps. I think that Reaper does not recognize the H.265 codec yet.
dpisera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:33 AM   #4
PMS67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpisera View Post
Hi, I have problems when I imported a video encoding in H.265 (Davinci Resolve). In video properties Reaper indicates 16 fps instead 24 fps. I think that Reaper does not recognize the H.265 codec yet.
For decoding, the underlying software used by Reaper (VLC and ffmpeg/libav) does support h265, thus I guess that Reaper should be able to import and use it. Maybe the versions of those software installed on your system are either outdated or compiled without support for h265?

For encoding, unfortunately Reaper does not (yet?) offer the option to use that codec (which is a pity, as it's the best one. I hope that they will add that option ASAP).
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”
PMS67 is offline   Reply With Quote