Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-14-2018, 05:33 AM   #1
elena_2
Human being with feelings

Default Autoscroll in piano roll midi editor sometimes does not work [SOLVED]

Hi, this is also something I always noticed so it's not an issue introduced with 5.77

Sometimes the Autoscroll fails to work while editing notes in piano roll mode.
I can't reproduce this reliably, unfortunately. Once more, seems a random issue. I think it tends to happen more frequently when one or more notes are still selected after editing: I start playing the part but when the time cursor reaches the right editor boundary, the content won't scroll and I have therefore to use the scroller bar. Usually, stopping and then playing the part again is enough to resume normal autoscroll.

Thanks

Last edited by juliansader; 04-01-2018 at 04:21 PM.
elena_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
juliansader

I don't think this is a bug. To the contrary, the MIDI editor is trying to be helpful: If you do edits during playback (even just selecting a new note), the MIDI editor will not scroll away from the edit position, so that you can continue working while the project is playing.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
elena_2

Thanks Julian but see, fact is I'm still having a hard time understanding the logics behind this... because as I said I can't reliably reproduce this behaviour: sometimes the editor DOES scroll when one or more notes/events are still selected (highlit), but sometimes else it does not ! Anyway, if you think I'm wrong it's ok, what really matters is that it's not a bug
Old 03-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #4
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena_2 View Post
sometimes the editor DOES scroll when one or more notes/events are still selected (highlit), but sometimes else it does not !
As far as I know, only *new* edits that are made during playback (i.e. since the last stop/play) will stop scrolling. Notes/events that are remain selected from before the last stop/play), will not affect scrolling.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:57 AM   #5
elena_2

Ah ok thanks you were right Just I couldn't suddently find the rationale... exactly, only new events created since the latest play block scrolling, now I understood Thanks