Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 10-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #20561
AtmanActive
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I think I'm starting to get my head around this.

So is what you really want a feedback Action that tells you whether a particular slot on the Selected Track has an FX Zone instantiated ?

Put another way, rather than automatically instantiate all FX on the Selected Track, you want to use an FXMenu-like approach, choose which FX to instantiate, and want feedback as to which slots have instantiated FX zones.
Close, but not really.

See, in my approach, I don't care about slots, and I don't want to keep track of them. That's the challenge here. The reason is that a track can already have a VSTi or several VSTfx from previous work and I want to keep that.

So, my channel-processing FXs are still being automatically instantiated but not all in bulk and not prepared in advance, but rather, as soon as I touch that particular encoder. I do have that part working right now with those Reascripts I developed and ReaLearn.

Yes, I'm using all three for this project: CSI + ReaLearn + Open Stage Control. (plus MIDI hardware).
AtmanActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #20562
AtmanActive

ReaLearn is driving MIDI encoder to selected track's-FX-by-name-parameters.
ReaLearn is also executing Reascripts to instantiate that particular FX (if not there already) on the selected track when encoder is used.

CSI is driving the feedback with a home zone, selected track zone and $FX zones (plus enabling touch control while we're there).

Open Stage Control is driving the UI for the whole thing.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:51 PM   #20563
AtmanActive

Quote:
So is what you really want a feedback Action that tells you whether a particular slot on the Selected Track has an FX Zone instantiated ?
What I want is a feedback Action that tells me whether any slot on the Selected Track has an FX Zone instantiated.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #20564
Geoff Waddington

Ok, I thought I was getting it, obviously not

First off, why are you so concerned about offline, instantiation, etc. with modern hardware, have you got immense Track counts with extremely high FX counts, are you trying to run on an Arduino, trying to understand the fixation on super low resource usage.

Second, you say "See, in my approach, I don't care about slots, and I don't want to keep track of them. That's the challenge here. The reason is that a track can already have a VSTi or several VSTfx from previous work and I want to keep that."

Then a couple of posts later you say "What I want is a feedback Action that tells me whether any slot on the Selected Track has an FX Zone instantiated"

Does "any" include the "VSTi or several VSTfx from previous work" ?

Just not grasping what you are trying to accomplish here.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #20565
AtmanActive

Quote:
First off, why are you so concerned about offline, instantiation, etc. with modern hardware, have you got immense Track counts with extremely high FX counts, are you trying to run on an Arduino, trying to understand the fixation on super low resource usage.
Because in my work, I never ever worked on a song where CPU failing (buffer underruns) didn't force me to waste my time on bouncing, rendering, stemming, freezing and other similar techniques. In my world, you can never have enough CPU power. Furthermore, I'm a professional programmer and I do understand the importance of resource optimization.
It's easy to code an app, but to make it run effeciently - that's something else entirely. That's why my personal hero of all time is Mr Justin Frankel.

Quote:
Second, you say "See, in my approach, I don't care about slots, and I don't want to keep track of th
em. That's the challenge here. The reason is that a track can already have a VSTi or several VSTfx from previous work and I want to keep that."

Then a couple of posts later you say "What I want is a feedback Action that tells me whether any slot on the Selected Track has an FX Zone instantiated"

Does "any" include the "VSTi or several VSTfx from previous work" ?

Any slot for that particular FX, not any FX.

If I have "time_adjustment_delay.zon", then I want to know if "time_adjustment_delay" has been instantiated on the selected track, but I don't care about FX slot. I need feedback information if "time_adjustment_delay" is present on that track. I'm a human. I'm looking for a simple answer to a question "is it there or not". The fact that track has FX slots is just a technical thing that doesn't concern me as a human being operating the mixing machine.

The goal is to have exactly what you showed in your video, but in a human-friendly, fluid, organic way, the same way you, and all of us here felt when we first put our hands on an analog mixer way back when.

I'm trying to move forward into the future but bringing understanding and wisdom from the past, combining both in a seamless way.

I worked in a DAW with mouse and keyboard for last 30 years, and I got used to it, and it's all fine, but give me an analog mixer and I'll put the mix together in one fifth of time needed to click through it with the mouse and keyboard. So I'm working on bringing back that fluidity of an analog mixer workflow even though I'm still in Reaper world.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:39 PM   #20566
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtmanActive View Post
Because in my work, I never ever worked on a song where CPU failing (buffer underruns) didn't force me to waste my time on bouncing, rendering, stemming, freezing and other similar techniques. In my world, you can never have enough CPU power. Furthermore, I'm a professional programmer and I do understand the importance of resource optimization.
It's easy to code an app, but to make it run effeciently - that's something else entirely. That's why my personal hero of all time is Mr Justin Frankel.
Ah, totally get it now, and on Mr Frankel, we are in total agreement !!!

CSI attempts to be as efficient as possible, doesn't always succeed, but doesn't give up trying

Quote:
Any slot for that particular FX, not any FX.

If I have "time_adjustment_delay.zon", then I want to know if "time_adjustment_delay" has been instantiated on the selected track, but I don't care about FX slot. I need feedback information if "time_adjustment_delay" is present on that track. I'm a human. I'm looking for a simple answer to a question "is it there or not". The fact that track has FX slots is just a technical thing that doesn't concern me as a human being operating the mixing machine.

The goal is to have exactly what you showed in your video, but in a human-friendly, fluid, organic way, the same way you, and all of us here felt when we first put our hands on an analog mixer way back when.

I'm trying to move forward into the future but bringing understanding and wisdom from the past, combining both in a seamless way.

I worked in a DAW with mouse and keyboard for last 30 years, and I got used to it, and it's all fine, but give me an analog mixer and I'll put the mix together in one fifth of time needed to click through it with the mouse and keyboard. So I'm working on bringing back that fluidity of an analog mixer workflow even though I'm still in Reaper world.
I grew up on 2 inch and large format consoles, so yeah, we're in lock step there as well.

As to your design, I think I finally get it !!

You are interested in whether an FX from a certain list is present/active etc.

Do I finally have it right ?

If so, from where does this list come ?

How does CSI get a copy ?

And just a tiny pushback, the slots may not matter sonically, but the order of the FX may, therefore slots do come into play in a subtle way.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #20567
MixMonkey

Quote:
the slots may not matter sonically, but the order of the FX may, therefore slots do come into play in a subtle way.
That's what I couldn't get my head round either. The order of the FX on a track fundamentally determines the sound produced and the order is determined by what slot the various FX occupy.

This sounds more like it has a Lua script solution than a CSI one.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 05:23 PM   #20568
AtmanActive

Quote:
You are interested in whether an FX from a certain list is present/active etc.

Do I finally have it right ?

Yes.

Quote:
If so, from where does this list come ?

How does CSI get a copy ?
I'm hoping it would come from a special keyword/action/tag inside $FX.zon.

Since only the FXs defined in my Zones folder can be part of my channel-processor, then, there is my list. But I would still like to be able to add a few extra $FX.zon files that could be used for other stuff, like synths or reverbs or whatever, and for them I wouldn't need this kind of feedback, so an optional keyword/action/tag seems to be the best approach.

Quote:
And just a tiny pushback, the slots may not matter sonically, but the order of the FX may, therefore slots do come into play in a subtle way.
I was pondering this for days and finally decided that I don't want to go there. The sonic difference is so minute, and I'm still working with mouse and screen so I can always manually shuffle the FX ordering in the chain if needs be. But that happens to me once every few months, not every day.
Also, the Reascript that inserts FXs could easily be extended to add several FX at once, or to add a pre-compiled chain of several FXs if I ever discover that ordering is that much important for some particular combinations.

Who knows, maybe we'll have a way to shuffle the FXs in a chain in FXMenu one day, so I'll add simple left/right arrows in my UI around each section that would allow the operator to put, for example, compressor before equalizer, or filter after the exciter, or whatever.
Why not?
Old 10-02-2022, 01:23 AM   #20569
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yes.

I'm hoping it would come from a special keyword/action/tag inside $FX.zon.

Since only the FXs defined in my Zones folder can be part of my channel-processor, then, there is my list. But I would still like to be able to add a few extra $FX.zon files that could be used for other stuff, like synths or reverbs or whatever, and for them I wouldn't need this kind of feedback, so an optional keyword/action/tag seems to be the best approach.

I was pondering this for days and finally decided that I don't want to go there. The sonic difference is so minute, and I'm still working with mouse and screen so I can always manually shuffle the FX ordering in the chain if needs be. But that happens to me once every few months, not every day.
Also, the Reascript that inserts FXs could easily be extended to add several FX at once, or to add a pre-compiled chain of several FXs if I ever discover that ordering is that much important for some particular combinations.

Who knows, maybe we'll have a way to shuffle the FXs in a chain in FXMenu one day, so I'll add simple left/right arrows in my UI around each section that would allow the operator to put, for example, compressor before equalizer, or filter after the exciter, or whatever.
Why not?
Ok, this sounds more like the X32 project to me.

You are a professional programmer and CSI is open source.

Maybe the best way to approach this is for you to take a copy of the source and modify it to suit your needs.

Then, as Roy and I did with the X32, discuss the changes and approach, and then fold that back in to the CSI main branch.

That seemed to work really well for the X32.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:51 AM   #20570
AtmanActive

Quote:
Maybe the best way to approach this is for you to take a copy of the source and modify it to suit your needs.
Sure.
No promises though.
I found out that ReaLearn and CSI complement each other nicely, usualy what one lacks the other one excells in, so I'll first explore how to achieve the same thing with ReaLearn.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:41 AM   #20571
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Sure.
No promises though.
I found out that ReaLearn and CSI complement each other nicely, usualy what one lacks the other one excells in, so I'll first explore how to achieve the same thing with ReaLearn.
Sounds good.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #20572
UNdark

Default clear all modifiers

Can:

Code:
OnZoneActivation     ClearAllModifiers
Only function in the "HomeZone" as this command?
I'd like to be able to chose "ClearAllModifiers" to insert into other strings of actions , if possible..
Old 10-02-2022, 07:06 AM   #20573
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Can:

Code:
I'd like to be able to chose "ClearAllModifiers" to insert into other strings of actions , if possible..
You should be able to do that.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:08 AM   #20574
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Can:

Code:
You can trigger any Action from (mostly) anywhere by (mostly) any Widget.

Code:
Zone SomeZone
    OnActivation  ClearAllModifiers
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone SomeZone
    SomeButton  ClearAllModifiers
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone SomeZone
    SomeButton  SomeAction
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone SomeZone
    OnActivation  ClearAllModifiers
    SomeButton  SomeAction
ZoneEnd
etc.

[edit] Haha cross post -- Funkybot beat me to it as I was typing
Old 10-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #20575
UNdark

Thanks for replies
I should clarify - rather than a widget i was hoping to add "ClearAllModifiers"
in a list of commands, but wasn't sure if it could be used in that way.
Would it be as simple as adding "ClearAllModifiers" in an action list do you think?
Old 10-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #20576
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks for replies
Would it be as simple as adding "ClearAllModifiers" in an action list do you think?
What do you mean "list of commands"? Can you post an example of what you're talking about?
Old 10-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #20577
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks for replies
Not sure I understand, there is no such thing as an Action list in CSI.

[edit] Funkybot, we need to start a band, our timing is already tight like Tower of Power
Old 10-02-2022, 09:20 AM   #20578
UNdark

Scratch that... back to bed
It's just - before i go back to V2 ( still working it v1.1)to try that, it's wasn't working when i put that command in the home zone.
Code:
Zone "Home"
    OnInitialization ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
    OnInitialization Broadcast Home SelectedTrackFXMenu TrackSend TrackReceive TrackFXMenu
        IncludedZones
            "Buttons"
            "Track"
            "MasterTrack"
        IncludedZonesEnd

AssociatedZones
            "SelectedTrackSend"
            "SelectedTrackFXMenu"
            "SelectedTrackReceive"
            "TrackSend"
            "TrackReceive"
            "TrackFXMenu"
        AssociatedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
When i change zones, it's wasn't removing the modifiers.
Then realised i don't always want that to happen anyway, just sometimes, so to be able to add that into a set of actions would be best for me..
I'll load up the V2 drive again and see how it goes.
Thanks
Old 10-02-2022, 09:22 AM   #20579
UNdark

Quote:
Not sure I understand, there is no such thing as an Action list in CSI.

[edit] Funkybot, we need to start a band, our timing is already tight like Tower of Power
I'll just stick to the count in... it's about as good as my programming gets
Old 10-02-2022, 09:25 AM   #20580
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
What do you mean "list of commands"? Can you post an example of what you're talking about?
Sorry - I'm calling commands the list of actions from reaper - into CSI, I compile to execute per widget.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #20581
Funkybot

Quote:
Scratch that... back to bed
It's just - before i go back to V2 ( still working it v1.1)to try that, it's wasn't working when i put that command in the home zone.
Code:
Zone "Home"
    OnInitialization ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
    OnInitialization Broadcast Home SelectedTrackFXMenu TrackSend TrackReceive TrackFXMenu
        IncludedZones
            "Buttons"
            "Track"
            "MasterTrack"
        IncludedZonesEnd

AssociatedZones
            "SelectedTrackSend"
            "SelectedTrackFXMenu"
            "SelectedTrackReceive"
            "TrackSend"
            "TrackReceive"
            "TrackFXMenu"
        AssociatedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
When i change zones, it's wasn't removing the modifiers.
Then realised i don't always want that to happen anyway, just sometimes, so to be able to add that into a set of actions would be best for me..
I'll load up the V2 drive again and see how it goes.
Thanks
When you have "OnZoneActivation ClearAllModifiers" in your Home.zon, it will only clear all modifiers when that particular zone is activated. Not all zones. You'd need to add that action to any other zones you want modifiers cleared upon activation for.

[Waiting for Geoff's cross-post. ]
Old 10-02-2022, 09:43 AM   #20582
UNdark

Quote:
When you have "OnZoneActivation ClearAllModifiers" in your Home.zon, it will only clear all modifiers when that particular zone is activated. Not all zones. You'd need to add that action to any other zones you want modifiers cleared upon activation for.

[Waiting for Geoff's cross-post. ]
Thanks man - in this case i was using "GlobalView" button and thought that should remove the modifiers as it's in the "Buttons" zone... and part of it's list of actions is : GoHomeZone
Old 10-02-2022, 10:03 AM   #20583
UNdark

WOW. Version 2 is SO much snappier to work with!!
Even though 1.1 is on a SSD drive/V2 external 7200 - v2 is really responsive!
Old 10-02-2022, 10:06 AM   #20584
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks man - in this case i was using "GlobalView" button and thought that should remove the modifiers as it's in the "Buttons" zone... and part of it's list of actions is : GoHomeZone
There may be a slight bug with OnZoneActivation used in the Home Zone, since Home is activated as soon as CSI/Reaper loads.

GoHomeZone really just deactivates all other Zones, leaving home the only Zone active.

Maybe use

Code:
OnZoneDeactivation ClearModifiers
in other Zones instead.

That gives you more control, as you state.

Sorry I'm so late Funkybot, was making a snack
Old 10-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #20585
Equitone

Default Pondering about speech

Here, our hands are sore from clapping about the speak command, and its many implications. Someone has pointed out that often you want to hear the name of the button you've pressed or the fader, but not necessarily the values as you move it. I realize that this is probably a function of Osara, but on browsing through a zone file the other day, wondered whether something could be done with the display, i.e. a virtuall display which just existed to speak this kind of thing. Normally, it would speak Name+Value, but it would be nice if it could speak either Name or Value. Just pondering...

GoHomeZone really just deactivates all other Zones, leaving home the only Zone active.

Maybe use

Code:
in other Zones instead.

Sorry I'm so late Funkybot, was making a snack [/QUOTE]
Equitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #20586
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Here, our hands are sore from clapping about the speak command, and its many implications. Someone has pointed out that often you want to hear the name of the button you've pressed or the fader, but not necessarily the values as you move it. I realize that this is probably a function of Osara, but on browsing through a zone file the other day, wondered whether something could be done with the display, i.e. a virtuall display which just existed to speak this kind of thing. Normally, it would speak Name+Value, but it would be nice if it could speak either Name or Value. Just pondering...
Let me think about this a bit, I'm sure we can do something.

My first thought is to add 2 Actions very similar to WidgetModes -- SpeakName and SpeakValue, you could include both if you wanted both, don't hold me to it, but that's the first thought that comes to mind.

When you say, for example, the name of the fader, I presume you mean in context, in other words, not Fader6, but Track 6 Volume if you had the Track Zone activated and Track 6 Send, if you had the Send Zone activated, seems to make the most sense, do I have it right ?

[edit] Haha I'm already changing my mind, maybe 2 virtual Widgets SpeakName and SpeakValue would work better, let me ponder this a bit further.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #20587
Pianonerd

Can some please help me out? I got a new x-touch and I want to use it with CSI. So far everything works nicely but the track panning is ultra slow (meaning it takes many ticks to get from Center to 1% right and so on...). I tried to change StepSize - RotaryWidgetClass in the .mst file but that didn't change anything. Any help is much appreciated!
Pianonerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #20588
MT4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianonerd View Post
Can some please help me out? I got a new x-touch and I want to use it with CSI. So far everything works nicely but the track panning is ultra slow (meaning it takes many ticks to get from Center to 1% right and so on...). I tried to change StepSize - RotaryWidgetClass in the .mst file but that didn't change anything. Any help is much appreciated!
Zip & attach your CSI folder and we'll take a look.

CSI_FX
: SubZone based GUI/Automapper for CSI.(UPD:2024-01-13)
Video Demo/Tutorial
Scripts for CSI: Reaper EEL2 scripts to use with CSI
MT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #20589
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianonerd View Post
Are you using the XTouch.mst from the support files?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:57 PM   #20590
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equitone View Post
Ok, I think I have a concept I can bang together tomorrow for some preliminary testing, at least to get us started.

You would typically have something like this in your .mst file:

Code:
Widget DisplayUpper1
	FB_XTouchDisplayUpper 0
WidgetEnd
Let's add a new type of feedback processor to replace the standard one:

Code:
Widget DisplayUpper1
	FB_Speak 2000
WidgetEnd
where FB_speak will speak whatever the display would display.

The 2000 is a parameter that states how many milliseconds to wait before speaking again.

You will need to play with this to get reasonable results.

It is meant to stop the cacophony that would result when speaking the Track Volume as you move the fader, for instance:

-3.14 db
-3.13 db
-3.12 db

Well, you get the idea.

This is all very experimental, but I think the first draft will speak:
Track name
Zone name
Action name
For FX, maybe the parameter name
Finally, the actual value

Once again, this is all very experimental, I'm sure there will be a delicate balance between CSI constantly telling you where you are whilst still giving you the sonic space to actually hear the music or whatever it is you are working on
Old 10-02-2022, 06:06 PM   #20591
siniarch

Quote:
Absolutely !

I'm first going to try and find a way to reduce the voltage and/or current in the electronic sense, and failing that, use MIDI message scaling.

But, yeah, definitely on the design list.

I find the LED buttons to be way too bright as well, they could use a tweak.
I believe these are the brightness controls
Code:

Control All Modules	BF 00 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)	
Main OLEDs (two)	BF 01 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
Encoder OLEDs		BF 02 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
Encoder LED Rings	BF 03 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
OLED Buttons (eight)	BF 04 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
LED Buttons (eight)	BF 05 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)
Now, maybe Geoff can include some custom code that reads the Zone file and can send these midi code out when the unit initializes. At least temporarily for those folks who have the controller?
Old 10-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #20592
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
I believe these are the brightness controls
Code:

Control All Modules	BF 00 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)	
Main OLEDs (two)	BF 01 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
Encoder OLEDs		BF 02 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
Encoder LED Rings	BF 03 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
OLED Buttons (eight)	BF 04 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)			
LED Buttons (eight)	BF 05 XX	(value: 0 ~ 100)
Now, maybe Geoff can include some custom code that reads the Zone file and can send these midi code out when the unit initializes. At least temporarily for those folks who have the controller?
Hey Luis, it's been a while! CSI has a SendMIDIMessage action now that can do just that! You can assign it to initialization, zone activation, zone deactivation, etc.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...endmidimessage
Old 10-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #20593
siniarch

Quote:
Hey Luis, it's been a while! CSI has a SendMIDIMessage action now that can do just that! You can assign it to initialization, zone activation, zone deactivation, etc.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...endmidimessage
Wow, that's great. I guess I haven't kept up with all the amazing progress you guys are doing.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:09 PM   #20594
jacksoonbrowne

Hi Geoff,

Similar to this for MIDI "SendMIDIMessage":
Code:
Zone "Home"
OnRecordStart SendMIDIMessage "B1 0F 50"
It would be very helpful to have the same functionality for OSC "SendOscMessage".
Here's my thoughts ..
Code:
Zone "Home"
    OnRecordStart SendOscMessage "/SomeOscAddress" "OscTag"  "OscValue"

Examples:
    OnRecordStart SendOscMessage "/main/st/mix/fader" "f" "0.776"  // Set Master fader to 0 db

Where:
    "OscTag" would be 1 of:    "i" = 32 bit integer
                               "f" = float
                               "s" = string
Bread crumbs?
Old 10-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #20595
UNdark

Quote:
There may be a slight bug with OnZoneActivation used in the Home Zone, since Home is activated as soon as CSI/Reaper loads.

Maybe use

Code:
in other Zones instead.

Sorry I'm so late Funkybot, was making a snack
Now i can explain the confusion here
This absolutely does work in individual zones as you said, but it leaves the display as if the modifier is still engaged.

I'm using the latest version 2 - building from scratch. So it's still as you designed:

Control displays "WIDTH"
Alt displays "TRIM "

When clearing modifiers, the display continues as if the modifier is still engaged. This was/is what confused me looking at the display. I use this for the GlobalView:
Code:
    GlobalView      GoHome
    GlobalView      ClearModifiers
    GlobalView      Reaper 40455                                         // window set 1 - main arrange setup   
    GlobalView      //Reaper _XENAKIOS_SETMASTVOLTO0                     // Xenakios/SWS: Set master volume to 0 dB                                             // tracks and busses
    GlobalView      Reaper _BR_UNSEL_ENV                                 // SWS/BR: Unselect envelope
    GlobalView      Reaper 41150                                         // Hide all envelopes for all tracks
    GlobalView      Reaper _SWS_HIDEMASTER                               // SWS: Hide master track in track control panel 
    GlobalView      Reaper 40088                                         // Automation: Set all tracks automation mode to trim/read       
    GlobalView      Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3                                   // SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows
    GlobalView      Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4                                   // SWS/S&M: Close all FX chain windows
    GlobalView      Reaper _SWSTL_SHOWALL                                // SWS: Show all tracks 
    GlobalView      Reaper  41150                                        // Hide all envelopes for all tracks
    GlobalView      Reaper _RS8a2f5d17e78c47e7dcdbd1fda74079a421864e69   // Script: Archie_View; Zoom TCP and Arrange to fit screen.lua
Maybe if i re order my actions it will switch the display too?
Any thoughts
Old 10-03-2022, 12:18 AM   #20596
mat chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Typically the problem is;

VST parameters are normalized and they all have a range of 0 to 1 no matter what the gui says. JS plugins do not adhere to that standard. They could be 0 to 100 or -18 to 18, or whatever the author of the plug-in decided was appropriate.

You can map js plugins in CSI, but the above is likely why it doesn’t seem like it’s working.
thanks for the answer the problem is that the plugin is simply not recognized, for instance i mapped fader 1 to fxparam 1 but the fader continue to control the track 1 fader in mreaper and doesn't control the parameter in the plugin whatever the range is...
mat chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 AM   #20597
mat chat

Quote:
Don't use plug-in name shown in Reaper, use JS filename shown in your file explorer.
Thanks, i tried that and it doesn't seem to do the trick...
Old 10-03-2022, 02:17 AM   #20598
AtmanActive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat chat View Post
Thanks, i tried that and it doesn't seem to do the trick...
It's working here.

Maybe if you can provide more details, some screenshots, I could help you debug it.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:19 AM   #20599
AtmanActive

@Geoff,

I was just reading the Wiki about SendMIDIMessage and was wondering what happened to SendOSCMessage?

Searching through this thread I saw some mention of it here and there but nothing definitive.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:25 AM   #20600
mat chat

Quote:
It's working here.

Maybe if you can provide more details, some screenshots, I could help you debug it.
Hereare all my files in the screenshot i've got an imac intel , big sur and the last version of reaper

is there any useful information or file screenshot that i can add?