Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 12-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Gavinchan
Human being with feelings

Default Crowdfund/Kickstart to bring Klinke Mackie Control to MacOS?

Anybody interested in this? I'm putting my hand up to put money into this, maybe even most/all of the cost, if its not unreasonable in order to bring this extended functionality for control surfaces to Mac OSX.

On that note, where would be a good place to find a programmer / coder to do this for us? Klinke has said that there is nothing absolutely PC/Win dependent about the JUCE library that he used to develop this, so the task of successfully compiling on Mac shouldn't be too difficult for someone experienced enough.

That's my late christmas wish anyway Anyone with me????
Gavinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Gavinchan

Ok. So I found someone on guru.com who is experienced in c and JUCE and audio app development to do the compiling / debug and testing. It's going to cost me personally to do it, (it is expensive to hire programmers) so I'll make it donationware once it's finished just too recoup my costs. It should be finished in Feb 2017 sometime. Still no one but me interested in this?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
citizenkeith

I am very interested.

Maybe try bumping these threads for more info:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ghlight=klinke

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ghlight=klinke

EDIT: Did you try asking Klinke? He expressed interest in doing it in one of the above threads.
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
Gavinchan

Thanks for the links to those threads. Looks like people have been asking/ begging/pleading for this for a while. I haven't asked klinke, reading through the documentation, it seems he doesn't have enough Mac experience. I'm happy to see this through, and cop the full expense of the port if needs be.

The programmer is the same guy who developed www.soundbridge.io , a cross platform DAW, so this job should be fairly simple I should think.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #5
citizenkeith

My only concern is whether or not it can be maintained.
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:56 AM   #6
Gavinchan

True, not sure how likely things are to break between versions of reaper. But I still want to take this route. Might check with klinke on that front.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
cyrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinchan View Post
True, not sure how likely things are to break between versions of reaper. But I still want to take this route. Might check with klinke on that front.
I wouldn't worry about REAPER too much. Different OS versions should be a much larger PITA, imho.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
rangerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinchan View Post
Ok. So I found someone on guru.com who is experienced in c and JUCE and audio app development to do the compiling / debug and testing. It's going to cost me personally to do it, (it is expensive to hire programmers) so I'll make it donationware once it's finished just too recoup my costs. It should be finished in Feb 2017 sometime. Still no one but me interested in this?
there's plenty interested i for one, i do support donation ware
rangerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:21 AM   #9
Gavinchan

That's great to hear. I have contacted the guru guys, and work will begin shortly. Once it is done, i'll probably need beta testers to help make sure everything is fine. I myself have a Mackie MCU and Mackie Control Extender, but If we could test on a variety of MIDI interfaces and control surfaces that would be great!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
Gavinchan

OOOOOkkkkayyyy... So I've heard back from the software development team, they have done some initial testing, there are some issues stopping from this being a simple port..... and (of course) its going to be overtime and over budget, costing somewhere in the vicinity of $2100-$3800. I'm personally not willing to put into this unless there is more interest in porting this over. Where are all the Mac guys with control surfaces?