Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
X-Tech
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper creative Sampler ? Any good "creative" sampler ?

Hey. I wondering what could be good and fast and simple enough sampler (multisounds) for Reaper with a lot of free space for further samples freedom - and still cant find solution for fully featured sampler with multisounds inside and providing adding samples freedom.

Features:

Auto name used notes as samples which drag n drop on notes.
Using whole keyboard for sounds.
Easy routing selected sound groups.

Short Circuit 1 have no real automations and no named notes automatically as imported sounds on keys. This is problem. Another problem which i noticed is changin quality of audio i'm not sure this 100% but on my ear this SC1 somehow changin quality of files and degrade quality. This is very small degrade but i can hear this sometimes.

TX16WX crashin Reaper and make me nervous when i using this cause that unpredictible errrors. (Windows XP givin that errors with TX16WX)
I like sound quality and features but this errors destroys me. AUTHORS of TX16WX introduced it as VSTI for Windows XP but still on this system it's givin error and crashing Reaper like hidden bomb. Arghhh

Short Circuit 2 buggy and unfinished. Few Reaper crashes. Unpredictible beahaviours.

Independance (Magix) buggy sometimes and totally unhandy for me in matter of using multiple sounds (no auto note names) no multi sounds at same key view. Lot of options but seems very unstable sometimes. Few times i get Reaper crashed with this.Unhandy for drums in my opinion. Cant add multi sounds at same channel.

Grace Sampler - No auto name used notes. Very hard for cpu. Seems to be very bad optimized. Few instances of that and my cpu is gone. Even one sound after processing on one instance using to much cpu and few sounds can use cpu too much on one instance. Even my daw speed seems to goes down (framerate) after using this.

REASAMPLOMATIC5000 for many purposes with single sounds but sometimes when i need fast sort routing of multi sounds for creative purposes (creative free adding sounds) on one track this is unhandy. This is always good for single samples and planned sound sets with routing but not when i want freely add multi sounds on one track after use many notes on track. Sometimes in special occasion good for multi samples but not in that fast way as is in SC1 or TX16WX - lacks of that freedom for multi sounds cause this is sampler for single sounds.

Last edited by X-Tech; 12-16-2016 at 02:36 PM.
X-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
mccrabney

try bliss, and bug George to make it load faster in REAPER
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
suleiman

Just a general word of advice.... More n more new plugins will act broke on XP.... maybe, just maybe, consider upgrading....

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
run_esc

Maybe have a look at Redux, it's commercial but inexpensive. The tracker-format sequencer really is not difficult to learn, and you don't *have* to use it anyway, Redux can act like a sequencer-less sampler also. It has some of the most immediate and creative modulation possibilities around, hands down.
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
X-Tech

Only one problem actually i have with TX16WX by system but this is software creators decision to write this software in that way. No need right now only for TX16WX to upgrade system. Other vsti and vst works perfect in most cases.
TX16WX authors should change way how they written software. They do something wrong - this is not system fail cause other vst/vsti works fine and i'm using hundreds. It's fail of creators of TX16WX - they did things wrong. They using things/resources from XP in way just they should not to use or using things which they should not touch in system. That is my suspicion. Why other samplers works fine sure except SC2 and INDEPENDANCE magix free which are unfinished in my opinion.

Bliss 100dollars looks like slicer/synth.

By creativity i think mostly about place for further sounds in same sampler while music creation. I hate when i get set of sounds - prepared and can change only one kick one snare, hat etc. I like to put there what i want and when i want - add more sounds. FL STUDIO kind of creativity yeah is hard to recreate elswhere.

Last edited by X-Tech; 12-15-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
ivansc

From this thread and a couple of others you posted recently, it sounds like you are really missing Fruity Loops.
Never used it, but it has always got good press.

But maybe you need to consider looking at things slightly differently now.
Windows XP and FL is one set of circumstances, but since you decided to switch to reaper, maybe you need to start looking at things from a different perspective & look for what actually works, rather than wanting something that doesn't work how you want it to, to get changed to suit you.
Software devs do what they do. And I have to agree that with support for XP long, long gone, maybe it IS time to consider moving to something more recent.
Better chance of everything working.
Plus you will have a wider choice of software that will do what you want AND work reliably.
TX16WX seems to work very reliably for the majority of people, for instance.
You can't really blame the devs for not ensuring 100% backward compatibility to a completely obsolete operating system.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #7
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Tech View Post
It's fail of creators of TX16WX - they did things wrong. They using things/resources from XP in way just they should not to use or using things which they should not touch in system. That is my suspicion.
Aaaaaaaaaand you're wrong.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #8
MoarnWiis

have a look at TAL Sampler https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler

like all this stuff its very personal how one uses a sampler.
I think it's the nature of sampling etc,..
made music go bunkers in the 90's

cheers,.
MoarnWiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:35 PM   #9
X-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarnWiis View Post
have a look at TAL Sampler https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler

like all this stuff its very personal how one uses a sampler.
I think it's the nature of sampling etc,..
made music go bunkers in the 90's

cheers,.
Intersting but look more like synth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
look closer

Checkin.

Both seems not work like SC1 or TX16WX...

Last edited by X-Tech; 12-16-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
biggator

You're using an OS that went end-of-support almost THREE YEARS ago.

Seriously. It's time.
biggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #11
haervo

You know that you can use full fledged FL as VST(i) within Reaper??
Old 12-16-2016, 04:37 PM   #12
run_esc

OT: Know what would be cool? If some enterprising home coder made a full-on built-in sampler for Reaper, like one so integrated you could call it as a new track type of its own, and the track *is* the sampler, with an interface, sample mapping, etc.. I'm sure it's possible with the Reaper dev tools, but probably not easy. Pipe-dream for my level of coding skill in that area.
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #13
X-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
You're using an OS that went end-of-support almost THREE YEARS ago.

Seriously. It's time.
why ?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #14
biggator

Quote:
why ?
Because aside from the lack of security patches and bug fixes - developers won't waste their time with it. Why would a developer worry about an XP driver when Microsoft itself isn't supporting it? Compatibility issues? Nope.

XP may work fine for your needs.. but this is what sketches me out about 'in the box' instruments and tools - at some point either the OS, host or plugin developer will drop support and it eventually becomes useless.

When you buy a piece of hardware and the manufacturer goes out of business.. the hardware still works. Software? Well.. maybe.. Until it's incompatible with the new OS.. so you're either stuck with a buggy, unpatched OS or losing access to things you paid for (which seems to be about where you are now).
biggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #15
TonE

Quote:
REASAMPLOMATIC5000 for many purposes with single sounds but sometimes when i need fast sort routing of multi sounds for creative purposes (creative free adding sounds) on one track this is unhandy. This is always good for single samples and planned sound sets with routing but not when i want freely add multi sounds on one track after use many notes on track. Sometimes in special occasion good for multi samples but not in that fast way as is in SC1 or TX16WX - lacks of that freedom for multi sounds cause this is sampler for single sounds.
Reasamplomatic needs only 8 or better 16 stereo outs, with checkbox option as 'use automatic modulo 8 routing' or 'use automatic modulo 16 routing'. And it would be the best sampler out there, for my use case. Now we can drag in many samples into reasamplomatic, great, but they have to use a single output, bad. And this second weak part should be improved, allowing more outputs, but then also allowing automatic routing per sample, spreaded over all available outputs. Then you can just drag in same samples, adjust your separate output channels, mix wise, no matter which samples you throw in, it should sound interesting. Now the workflow is too slow...

Last edited by TonE; 02-18-2020 at 03:50 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote