Old 07-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #121
Serendipity
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybk1
Hey Serendipity, I think I found the secret handshake to get the EZD and probably other drum samplers, like BFD, to autoload, in Reaper.
<snip>
The EZD GUI will appear and the default drum kit will autoload, in seconds!
Thanks mate, it really works!
Quote:
Now of course, before you do any recording, you need to disable the EZD track record button!
<snip>
Also, in this configuration, if you save a project with EZD and then re-open later, it will auto load, for you too. Once you click "On" the track record button and then click the "FX" button to open the EZD GUI.
Yeah, either you have to save the project with the track record button armed or arm the track for recording each time you open the project and then open the FX for the kit to load. Unfortunately, It doesn't save the multi-out state I always use with the kit pieces on separate tracks. Major bummer!

About the automatic looping...sorry this, together with automatic crossfades DRIVES ME FRACKING CRAZY!!!
I NEVER use loops and I NEVER use crossfades...EVER! All I want to do is insert an empty midi item which I then can extend however long I want it, without it starting to repeat itself all over the project at the time of insertion. I mean c'mon, give me a break here!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #122
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity
Thanks mate, it really works!
I am glad we got EZD's workin' in Reaper!

Quote:
About the automatic looping...sorry this, together with automatic crossfades DRIVES ME FRACKING CRAZY!!!
I NEVER use loops and I NEVER use crossfades...EVER! All I want to do is insert an empty midi item which I then can extend however long I want it, without it starting to repeat itself all over the project at the time of insertion. I mean c'mon, give me a break here!
Hey mate, I love that is does that automatically. Between, the EZD & Groove Monkey MIDI loops, I must have over 12,000, in the EZD Groove Librarian. As a longtime user, of ACID Pro, I would not have it any other way.

Maybe you can make a suggestion to Justin to make the auto-looping, an option. To either enable or disable, from the Preferences|Media tab. You know you can also, click on your MIDI file (to highlight), once it is in your project, press "F2" and deselect the "Loop Source" option.

There is an icon, at the upper left, of the screen that will disable auto-crossfades.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Last edited by billybk1; 07-23-2006 at 03:36 PM.
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #123
Serendipity

Quote:
Maybe you can make a suggestion to Justin to make the auto-looping, an option. To either enable or disable, from the Preferences|Media tab. You know you can also, click on your MIDI file (to highlight), once it is in your project, press "F2" and deselect the "Loop Source" option.
Sure, making it optional would be best. I'm certain that there are others like me out there somewhere...
I knew about the Loop Source option though.
Quote:
There is an icon, at the upper left, of the screen that will disable auto-crossfades.
I knew that! Off course I knew that...umm...but you see...I'm blind...or rather blinded...by the...umm..by the beauty of Reaper...so I might have missed it in all the excitement...hrmmm hehe
Thanks!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #124
daverich

i was just checking out reaper and i tried using TL audio EQ1 vst on a guitar track.

I adjusted the Hi-freq gain control up and it just screamed at me. like a constant hi-frequency squeal.

This was nearly painful and i've not seen this in sonar. I think i'll wait til this is sorted

Kind regards

Dave Rich
daverich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #125
OldGeezer

Default Kontakt 2

Hi there. First off, I'm really impressed with what's going on here!

I'm a Sonar user who currently works exclusively with Kontakt2, but I'm having stability issues running it in DXI and Sonar's VST adapter will not send program changes (for instrument banks)to K2 in VST mode, so I'm looking for an alternative host.

Anyways, I tried loading K2 into Reaper, and wether in DXI or VST mode, only a part of K2's GUI is fitting into the allotted space. Is this a known issue or is it because I'm stuck using a measly 1024x768 max LCD monitor?

Thanks

Rob

Edit: Crap on a cracker! How embarassing...I missed the float option. Am going to start testing it out now.

Edit 2: Preliminary test result: Yeah baby! It not only runs Kontakt 2, but it actually does program changes in VST mode! I could never get that to work in Sonar with K2. So far, Reaper is blowing my little mind!

Last edited by OldGeezer; 07-25-2006 at 11:36 AM.
OldGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #126
Ian E

Default Manytone ManyGuitar

In .996, Manytone's ManyGuitar is working fine. I'm using the Ultimate Bass Kit and playing some funky bass. All is well.

However, in .997, when I play with the ManyGuitar the sound is crackling (almost like bad AM radio), out of tune, and harmonics are coming from I don't know where!

I reverted back to .996 and everything was back to normal. So I will use this version primairly until the bug is resolved!

Thank you!

P.S. I tried the restore factory defaults option before reverting back to .996!

UPDATE: .998 fixes this problem! Thank you!

Last edited by Ian E; 07-26-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Ian E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #127
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandruff
Vember Audio Surge and Shortcircuit 2:

-> load VSTi to a track -> select "window float selected fx" -> now close this floated window => REAPER crashes (and shows an error-message)

also posted on the Vember Audio Forums: http://forum.vemberaudio.se/index.php/topic,563.0.html
finally this bug is fixed in reaper v0.998! thanks justin!
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #128
Newbie Brad

From a pal: when he records a "drum" track with Groove Agent(a vst "drum machine")in Reaper and renders it as wav or mp3, it never burns as he set it. In fact,it is almost always a drastically different rhythm than he set; same GA "kit" and "style", so same sounds as he hears during setup, but the rendered rhythm itself is crazy herky-jerky. Anyone have any idea what might be happening? Thanks in advance.
Newbie Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #129
Odin

Recorded automation?
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #130
billybk1

Quote:

1)Create a new Reaper project
2)Ctrl + T ....to create a new track
3)Extend the bottom, of the track, so you see the meter
4)Click the "Cycle Input Monitoring Mode" to "On". Just click once.
5)Click the "Rec In" button and select "Record: Disble(input monitoring only)"
6) Arm the Track Record (So it turns RED)It should now say "Monitoring,not recording:", in the meter box.
7) Click the "FX" button to bring up the Plugin Chooser
8) Double click on "Dfh Sampler"

SHWEET!

One Caveat:

It seems the track record button needs to be enabled, in order to auto-load the samples and/or audition the kit and MIDI files. It would be nice not to have to enable the track "Record" button, in order to audition the EZD though. I have not figured a way around that. Only host that I know of that requires that.

Also, in this configuration, if you save a project with the EZD VSTi plugin shell open and then open the saved project later, it will auto load, for you too. Otherwise, you will need to first click the "FX" button to open the EZD GUI.

Well, thanks to Justin adding the "Run FX when stopped" option, in the Audio Preferences, you no longer have to go through, of that nonsense, in my above quote, once the option is enabled (it is disabled by default). Now all you have to do is:

3) Click the "FX" button to bring up the Plugin Chooser
4) Double click on "Dfh Sampler"

Also, there are no caveats. The track record button no longer needs to be enabled, in order to auto-load the samples and/or audition the kit and MIDI files.

Shweet!

Billy Buck
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 AM   #131
theddodger

Default ezdrummer

I can't get any joy in Reaper from this.

I get the Microsoft problem screen saying --
reaper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

the error report header is --
AppName: reaper.exe AppVer: 0.9.9.9 ModName: ezdrummer.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00055a89

The details are a long hexa-decimal list.

Anyone else get this proble?

It seems to run fine in ext.

Cheers
REAPER5, Studio One 3, Novatech PC-Win7 Pro, Dell XPS M6300 laptop - Win10, Behringer & M-Audio USB interfaces, Epiphone ES339 & EL 00 Pro, Norman Acoustic, Crafter solid Classical Guitar, Ukuleles,Oxygen25 keyboard, Quiet REAPER owner since 2006
theddodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:56 AM   #132
theddodger

Quote:
Hey Serendipity, I think I found the secret handshake to get the EZD and probably other drum samplers, like BFD, to autoload, in Reaper.

Check this out:

3)Extend the bottom, of the track, so you see the meter
4)Click the "Cycle Input Monitoring Mode" to "On". Just click once.
5)Click the "Rec In" button and select "Record: Disble(input monitoring only)"
6) Arm the Track Record (So it turns RED)It should now say "Monitoring,not recording:", in the meter box.
7) Click the "FX" button to bring up the Plugin Chooser
8) Double click on "Dfh Sampler"

SHWEET!

One Caveat: etc etc

Cheers,

Billy Buck

P.S. I swapped out the drums, with EZD, in the "Look & Feel" Reaper demo, now the drums sound BRW! (Big, Real & Wicked!)
jjust tried this and well I'll shave my legs and wear a wig! it works!

Long winded way but I recommend ezdrummer and thanks billybk1.
Cheers,
Roger
Old 07-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #133
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theddodger
jjust tried this and well I'll shave my legs and wear a wig! it works!
That should be quite a sight to see!

Quote:
Long winded way but I recommend ezdrummer and thanks billybk1.
Thanks to Justin's latest Reaper updates, it is not "long winded" anymore! If you install the latest .999 update and make sure the new "Run FX when stopped" option, in the Audio Preferences, is checked (it is off by default), all you have to do is:

3) Click the "FX" button to bring up the Plugin Chooser
4) Double click on "Dfh Sampler"

Also, there are no caveats. The track record button no longer needs to be enabled, in order to auto-load the samples and/or audition the kit and MIDI files. If you save a project with the EZD VST shell open, it will even auto load when you open the project.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 07-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #134
theddodger

Default ez dr

thanks.
I use a prog called "making waves" mostly. its rock solid and only reasonable money. It looks odd to us used to seeing waveforms but it really cuts the mustard for sketching out songs. It also has the power to master!!
I make keyboard riffs etc in MW and import into reaper to add alectric guitars and vox.
I think reaper is brilliant.
I've just bought an usb condenser mike so I'm going to record some sounds.
Really thanks for ytour help,
Cheers,
Roger
REAPER5, Studio One 3, Novatech PC-Win7 Pro, Dell XPS M6300 laptop - Win10, Behringer & M-Audio USB interfaces, Epiphone ES339 & EL 00 Pro, Norman Acoustic, Crafter solid Classical Guitar, Ukuleles,Oxygen25 keyboard, Quiet REAPER owner since 2006
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #135
Serendipity

Great news about EZdrummer in Reaper! Thanks.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #136
billybk1

Hey Serendipity,
I see you use a TonePort UX1. FYI, in case you are not aware, Line 6 will be releasing the GearBox 2.0 update, to the masses this week. This is a big update (about a 60MB download, but also free), that will include a lot of new features and enhancements (a new Browser View with programmable Metronome, access to GuitarPort online, Tonelocker, Player Module), improved GUI, improved Control Panel, new "Help" menu item (to access a 150+ manual) and even few new guitar amp & cab models. GearBox 2.0 will also give TonePort users the ability to add on the new Bass Model Pack, as well.
Also, in the Fall, TonePort users will be able to upgrade (for a fee) GearBox 2.0, to allow it's use, as a VST plugin, in your favorite host app! Now we can re-amp with that great Line 6 tone.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Last edited by billybk1; 07-30-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #137
Serendipity

Well, since I'm officially on vacation right now I try to limit my time in front of the computer thus I'm a bit out of the loop about these things, but I had heard something to that fact and I think it's really cool. I'm about to buy myself a 5-string bass to use with the Toneport so the Bass Model pack might come in handy.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:24 AM   #138
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejkz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandruff
load shortcircuit (v1.1.2) -> add a sample -> unload shortcircuit => REAPER crashes (without showing an error-message) ...
Confirmed! I just never unloaded one sample patch, just banks and presets.
still happens in reaper v1.0-pre8! doesn't happen in nuendo ...
Old 08-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #139
Dstruct

another reproducable crash:

-> load surge vsti (1.2)
-> switch to generic ui
-> float window
-> close it

=> reaper crashes

Last edited by Dstruct; 01-25-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #140
kilroy

BugPASS from Betabugs audio crashes REAPER...
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #141
haggan

Default DML Plugin

hi, i just dled reaper beta, as an ex rocket network user i will use reaper mainly for internet collabs.
I have loaded the dml plungin into reaper and did a talkback test, then i logged to digitalmusician.net.
So far everything worked perfectly, but i didn´t make a record test yet.

As soon the multilaguage pack is finished, i will buy reaper, cause my tecnical english is not so good, i dunno understand all of it, so i need reaper in german language.
regards, haggan
haggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #142
alex zonder

As posted in the metronome thread, Dave Haupt's DH Visual Metronome VSTi works in REAPER if you load the VSTi and not the DXi version.

http://www.dehaupt.com/SynthEdit/DH_Metronome.htm

Last edited by alex zonder; 08-15-2006 at 04:41 PM.
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #143
orabidoo

in my pc kontakt2 dont want to load the gui ,i m only?
orabidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #144
Odin

I posted earlier in this thread a solution for the K2 problem.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #145
orabidoo

is not a solution...kontakt is too important... have to load in the rigth way...and i m wait to load fxb banks from a long time ....
stop new features and fix big bugs for the 1.0
Old 08-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #146
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orabidoo
in my pc kontakt2 dont want to load the gui ,i m only?
The GUI (of the Demo Version) loads fine for me:

malcolmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #147
jis

Default Broken VSTi

Computer Music SR 202 crashes Reaper with an error message and aborts on loading the plugin.

I have tested this on two different computers running Windows XP with the same result. This plugin works fine in Cubase on the same computers.
jis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 AM   #148
Odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orabidoo
is not a solution...
That Kontakt can be used fine is not a solution?
Quote:
kontakt is too important... have to load in the rigth way...
Save it as FX-chain.
BTW, be glad that it works that way.
Quote:
stop new features and fix big bugs for the 1.0
Did i misunderstand something? Are you the developer that you can command? Didn't your parents teach you, to say PLEASE and THANKS?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #149
orabidoo

i dont command none...i m not the developer...but some words like " i see that bugs ,but i dont fix it because...dont have the time...or have problems now ...etc.." was welcome

and please dont touch my parents
Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #150
Frank C.

For the record, I'm having Kontakt 2 problems as well. I tried the DXi copy-paste trick and the GUI does show up, but unless I'm missing something there's no way to route the plugin's outputs, and the REAPER UI becomes unresponsive until Kontakt is removed. Using one of the Kontakt 2 VSTi's I can map outputs but can't access the GUI :/ This is with REAPER 1.01 and K2 2.1.1.
Frank C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #151
Amether

Yo, been having a few hang/crash problems with Tweakbench's Toad VSTi - totally random - sometimes happens fresh after a load and sometimes after using for a while. (but always while playing)
Amether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:20 AM   #152
malcolmj

Default NuBiPlus broken

The awesome sounding NuBiPlus VSTi from www.nubi3.com does not recognise the Stop command in the REAPER MIDI editor.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:00 AM   #153
amenbrother

Default Emulator X2

Ok,
Last time I tried Reaper it crached when using Emulator X2. Does anyone know if Reaper still cant handle EX2 or is ok to try Reaper more seriously?
amenbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #154
alex zonder

It's a long time ago that I've been so happy with a free VST as with Acon's Effect Chainer 1.0 :

http://www.acondigital.com/us_effect..._download.html

My parents once gave me MusicLab's DrumTools Performance Designer for my birthday, which was SO sweet... I reported various times here that it makes REAPER crash heavily, and it did so till I downloaded this new effect chainer today...

It simply solved the problem. Amazing!

And now it wouldn't even amaze me if ALL non-working vst(i)'s would start functioning in REAPER when loaded in Acon's Chainer... Do give it a try!

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/5940.html

Last edited by alex zonder; 09-23-2006 at 09:06 AM.
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #155
Stringer

Default DS-404

A couple year's ago Computer Music had a disk that had the NS Kit drum samples on it, and some midi loops for it. Today I loaded up the NS Kit sf2 in Take 1, and dumped a midi loop from the CM disk into the channel. It played, but the mapping was wrong. Then I saw that CM had a kit mapped for their DS 404 sample player. I loaded that up in Reaper but as soon as you click on anything, Reaper stops responding. If you go to taskmanager and stop Reaper, there are apparently two instances of Reaper running. Once it ends, you have to restart because the soundcard is locked up. It also looks like the Reaper process is still running.

That's the Reaper-related bug report. After that, I loaded DS 404 and the midi file into Minihost and then into FL Studio. In both programs the virtual keyboard plays the samples (you can hear them if you click the mouse on them), and the midi file plays the vitual keys (they move), but no sound is triggered by playing the midi file. I can't figure that out.

John
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #156
amenbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenbrother
Ok,
Last time I tried Reaper it crached when using Emulator X2. Does anyone know if Reaper still cant handle EX2 or is ok to try Reaper more seriously?
Seems like Emu X2 works better now. Reaper still crash sometimes, but I cant say it because of Emulator X2.
amenbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #157
Andywanders

A few posts have said that Drumatic 3 works fine, well yes and no. I can't save or load individual drum sounds in Drumatic's own format from within Reaper.

Galatix doesn't work - just makes a really loud, nasty noise when loaded. Beware..!

Waves plugins (various from Platinum Bundle) work fine for a while, then Reaper freezes - 'this program is not responding' - but the music continues (...and the band played on). It would be nice if that was fixed, they cost me an arm-and-a-leg.

So far I have had no problems with any Synthedit plugs... ;-)

Cheers,

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #158
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywanders View Post
A few posts have said that Drumatic 3 works fine, well yes and no. I can't save or load individual drum sounds in Drumatic's own format from within Reaper.
I'm able to save and load Drumatic 3 format samples on my machine using the channel preset Save / Load functions.

What sort of problems / error messages are you getting?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #159
Andywanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmj View Post
I'm able to save and load Drumatic 3 format samples on my machine using the channel preset Save / Load functions.

What sort of problems / error messages are you getting?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
No error messages at all. Just doesn't work - if I click on the load/save icons on Drumatic's GUI, nothing happens.

Cheers,

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:35 AM   #160
malcolmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywanders View Post
No error messages at all. Just doesn't work - if I click on the load/save icons on Drumatic's GUI, nothing happens.

Cheers,
Ah, very weird indeed - but I just worked out what the problem is. The load/save icons in the Drumatic 3 GUI will only work in REAPER under one of two conditions:

1. If a MIDI keyboard is selected as the Track Input and the Track is record-armed.

2. If the option Always run track FX is selected under Options > Preferences > Audio (it is disabled by default).

I have no idea why this works .... but it does. One of REAPER's little quirks.

Cheers,

Malcolm.