Old 11-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
herrin82
Human being with feelings

Default No sound

Hey everyone,

I have looked through all of the threads on the above referenced topic; however, nothing is solving my problem. I have a Focusrite Scarlette Solo with some 5" JBL audios plugged in and I have an Oxygen49. I also have Ableton Live Lite. So, I was excited to use Reaper but I don't have any sound. When I switch over to Ableton, everything works fine - I have sound! I even recorded a MIDI track in Ableton, brought it over to Reaper and that will not produce sound either. Very frustrated at this point. I have spent hours looking through these pages and looking at Youtube videos to no avail. Someone please help out the very green noob.

Thanks!
herrin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Fex

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried using REAPER with your computer's internal soundcard? Does that work?

As for using the Scarlett, have you selected the ASIO as your audio system and Focusrite as your ASIO driver?

Have you tried importing an audio file (eg wav or mp3) to REAPER? Does that produce sound?
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
ivansc

reading between the lines, I suspect Ableton comes with a built-in synth module which makes the sounds.
Reaper has no built in sound modules.
You will need to have a peek at the thread about "going all freeware" and check out the hundreds of free virtual instruments and plug-ins there are available.
Pick one, download and install it and you are 3/4 of the way there.
Welcome to reaper forums!
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote