Old 06-12-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
BklynsBurning
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper purging plug ins

today reaper uninstalled my plug ins 3 times..i had to go back to my plug ins/vst settings and re-add the respective folders containing the .dll files

i had been adding new plugins earlier..im not sure if this will keep happening or not but id like to hear some opinions on what might have happened

im running Windows 10 currently up to date and reaper v5973/x64
thanx in advance
BklynsBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:32 AM   #2
ivansc

Hi! Were ALL your plugins disappearing, or just some of them.
Did you try going to options/preferences/plugins/vst and pressing the clear/rescan button? This resets reaper to its initial state & will re-find any plugins you may have had fail to load.

Since you are obviously new to reaper may I suggest that you check out some of the video tutorials at Reaper.fm? Kenny Gioia in particular does a really good job of telling you how to set up and maintain things like your plugins.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
BklynsBurning

..thanx for the reply....ive been using reaper over a year now and this just started happening....i do what you suggest and everytime i restart reaper i have to do it again...

..if i uninstall reaper and reinstall it i should be able to load my projects with all my plug in settings intact, right?
Old 06-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
ivansc

O.K. Let`s start again.

First, can you take a copy of the line in your options/preferences/plugins/vst plugin location window & post it here.

Once we know where you have told reaper to install your plugins, we can hopefully make some progress.

Also, can you answer the question in my first post: Is it all or just some of your plugins that are disappearing?
If it is just some, which ones are they?

Also, its worth mentioning that Reaper doesnt uninstall your plugins, it just loses thrack of where they are. To get them back, all you need to do is check your locations as outlined above and do the clear/re-scan. PLEASA don`t skip answering the questions above and just repeating the clear/re-scan as that is unlikely to fix this one.

Hopefully we can figure out what is going wrong.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:54 AM   #5
BklynsBurning

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;P:\VST dll;P:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg

hi again...sorry for the missing info...the plugins that usually go missing are the stienberg drum plug ins...i had also lost my guitar rig plug in at times...they stay in the location window but i have to rescan to activate them then restart reaper for them to work

the plugins that came with reaper are always there
Old 06-16-2020, 12:25 AM   #6
ivansc

First thought is what & where is the P:\ drive?

But on the face of it, your listing is otherwise fine.
Maybe you should look at what plugins are actually located on that P:\ drive. If it is an external drive it oculd be as simple as Reaper not knowing if P:\ is a usb drive when you have changed USB port.