Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 01-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #41
Tycho
Human being with feelings

Thanks jeffos, appreciate it. We've had stability issues in general with Reaper x32 on mac when hitting the memory limit os 2GB it always crashes. we have very large projects for the show so we need x64 I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Duhh!! Yes I can repro in OS X 64-bit, thanks for the report Tycho!
a bit overloaded these days but i'll look into this as issue soon as I can (well already did, but looks like a tricky one: will create a ticket in the sws tracker & edit this post with the url, for the followup...).

Everything seems ok in 32-bit though, if you don't have other constraints may be you can use this in the meantime (?)

Also I know we're both talking about the same thing when it comes to "using REAPER live"
=> 2 things I want to add: this tool is used on stage but not on Mac yet, well as far as I know... also, do not hesitate to PM me if you plan to use this tool as such!
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #42
Jeffos
Mortal

Ok... Got it anyway, fixed for the next SWS/S&M release (so it will be v2.4.0 #3).
(the next pb now is how to host new SWS releases because google let us down :/ we're working on it...)
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #43
Tycho

Quote:
Ok... Got it anyway, fixed for the next SWS/S&M release (so it will be v2.4.0 #3).
(the next pb now is how to host new SWS releases because google let us down :/ we're working on it...)
thanks so much! will start testing as soon as it's out.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #44
Tycho

Quote:
FYI Jeffos, I'm getting this when I try to PM you: "Jeffos has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #45
godly

Seems that Synth1 vst cannot be used with Live configs, you cannot select the presets, as they are one by one.
Is there a way to add a snapshot to live config, this way I can completely open a state.
Or other question: can the snapshots be used in a live configs way? (selected bij PC)
godly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #46
EvilDragon

Go to Synth1 options, enable "Select program from host" there. Then on MIDI tab enable receiving Bank Select and Program Changes.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #47
godly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Go to Synth1 options, enable "Select program from host" there. Then on MIDI tab enable receiving Bank Select and Program Changes.
Thx, for your help!
It's already set program from host, but it's says none in liveconfig, the other options are not available. It's because Synth1 uses seperate patches, not a patch bank.

Could I use the snapshots in anyway. I tried selecting them but they don't apear in the lc window?

UPDATE: I've found the way to recall the snapshots Let's try it tomorrow

Last edited by godly; 04-17-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #48
spacedyevest28

Is it possible to switch through programs with one pedal?

For instance, for one song I wanna cycle through these:

Strings
Piano
Lead
Srings
Lead
Chorus

W/ one pedal is it possible to cycle through all of these patches?
spacedyevest28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #49
tweed

Make my day - tell me I'm inaccurate

Using PreLoad:

preload will NOT load into ram a BIGGish sample library
IN THE BACKGROUND while playing the current config LIVE.

Preload works only/best with fx and VSTi switching and NOT
sample player VSTi's patches and all their ram using samples.

Could i have perhaps said that better? yep.

Every fumbling attempt I'm made at using Live Configs AND
Preload with TWO sample library patches suggests that
Preloaded live configs have no benefit for using just large sample libraries?

yes?

Make my day - tell me I'm inaccurate

Last edited by tweed; 08-10-2014 at 02:47 AM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #50
mschnell

Quote:
Now, about the bank/program change (PC):
I guess you have a 2 buttons style controllers (?) like "Program+ , Program+". Unfortunately, you can neither learn actions "Apply Live Config #n (MIDI CC only)" nor "Apply next/previous config" with such PC messages (well, you can, but this would be limited to a given PC #number).
There's a workaround/solution: you would need 2 others (very light) plugs on the input track: a JS that remaps PC to CC and, downstream, MIDItoReaControlPath.
One of the guys I know is in your case: cheap Boss GT-6 guitar effect but it is able to send bank/pc messages. I made a tiny JS which allows him to use the Live Configs tool. I your case, the easier solution would probably be to ignore bank messages and use the little "PC to CC" JS effect I attached here.

Without the tool, since REAPER v4.x, you can use PC to switch presets and also learn PC events, so you can still use tip1 above. The setup will be trickier though.
Hi Jeffos,

As this message is rather old, I am wondering if there better options right now. (I of course have the most recent Reaper and SWS versions.)

I am trying to do just this: using Midi "Program Change" Messages to trigger "Live Config" events.

Up till now, I was unable to "Learn" any Midi events (be that "Program Change" or any others).

Do I (still) need "MIDItoReaControlPath" to feed any midi events to the "Live Config" Midi input ?

Do I (still) need to use the "JS effect" provided to convert "Program Change" messages to "Control Change" messages ?

In fact IMHO it would be great if you could combine the "Live Config" feature of SWS and the Midi-Input feature of "MIDItoReaControlPath" in a single VST for easily converting Reaper in a Live VST host.

Thanks for your great work !
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-27-2015 at 11:29 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #51
yams

Default Multiple action possibility

Hello team

I m a live sound engineer and use reaper as a multi vst FX during the live performances.
I really enjoy the live config extension and snapshot because i can synch my desk snapshots in midi with reaper and use different settings for each song.

Does someone know if we can put more than one activate action per line in live config.
I want to trig one snapshot and go to one marker in order to change the tempo of the project. This will be really usefull to put all my fx in the same tempo than the live song.
Thanks in advance for your answer
yams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #52
Ravi

Default Please help

Please note I am new to Reaper Please help

I have setup 5 vst instrument tracks in reaper The instruments are played through midi data from another midi track

I need to switch track during Live performance using a midi pad with 5 buttons so that I can select and play any instrument during a song

I do not know what MIDI codes I need to send from midi controller pad with 5 buttons to reaper and what should be midi port and channel assignments to achieve this

Also how can I send track switching midi codes using Reaper Virtual Midi Keyboard

Please kindly provide me sufficient step-by-step detail

Thank You Very Much

Rav
Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #53
bazsound

Quote:
EDIT 7 jan. 2013: Big overhaul of the Live Configs in SWS/S&M extension v2.3.0 #9 (beta ATM, download here)
The user guide is totally outdated. I will update that when I can, in the meantime I removed the outdated PDF => download will fail! New features are shortly described here.
_______

The Live Configs is part of the SWS/S&M extension. Download the lastest version here.

I made a little user manual about Live Configs: download PDF.

Live Configs!? What is it?

It might be useful other people too: it is not clearly said in the PDF but the tool can also just be used to trigger actions. The difference with standard macros is that you can use absolute values of learned CC messages. Example: CC#4 value 10 -> do this, CC#4 value 11 -> do that, etc..

Feel free to post feedback or questions if the PDF is not clear enough (e.g. sucky English) !
very nice i need to check this out.

hwover as a live sound engineer, i indeed do care about the keyboard and mouse. since i need to make adjustments to plugins and insert plugins on the fly.

very nice though this looks very interesting as an alternative to waves or liveprofessor
bazsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #54
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
I do not know what MIDI codes I need to send from midi controller pad with 5 buttons to reaper and what should be midi port and channel assignments to achieve this
Without other tools LiveConfig is controlled by Midi CC messages.

It can be trained to adhere to any CC controller on any channel (exactly one CC and exactly one channel dedicated to exactly one "config" (page) ).

Hence if you can set it that way the 5 keyboard buttons should send the same CC on the same channel with five different values.

The lines on that page are addressed by the CC value.

If your keyboard buttons send different messages (e.g. program change) you need to install and configure yet two other tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
Also how can I send track switching midi codes using Reaper Virtual Midi Keyboard
Only by using Live configs, one of the said additional tools and a tool that changes midi note to CC. This might or might not be available out of the box, but it can rather easily be scripted. (In fact I don't see why anybody would want to do this, but ....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
hwover as a live sound engineer, i indeed do care about the keyboard and mouse.
I can supply scripts that use LiveConfigs to switch tracks on PC keyboard shortcuts in a rather sophisticated way (e.g. stepping through multiple positions in multiple songs additional to direct access) (work in progress -> http://www.bschnell.de/patch.pdf.)

-Michael

(I updated the Live Configs Doku (work in progress -> http://www.bschnell.de/LiveConfigs_1.pdf )

Last edited by mschnell; 01-22-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #55
Ravi

Default Please help

Thank You Very Much for your kind reply

Please kindly provide me with more details

I am using Reaper in a live setup

For each song,
I need to create a Midi backing track with drum, base multiple sounds. Is this multiple sounds in backing track possible.

Each song will have multiple midi regions which loop and which can be started or selected one after the previous using single Midi controller keyboard button Please advise if it is possible to select Midi region using single Midi controller keyboard button and how to make reaper play 2 or more sounds for each midi note on backing track

Another audio input track for singer

There is another track with VST software which generates Midi data from guitar. This midi data is routed to 8 other tracks which host different VSTi sounds selectable by using 8 Midi controller keyboard buttons

Please kindly advise me the best solutions step-by-step with sufficient details about track routing and midi backing track region and vsti instrument selection in live

Thank You Very Much
Old 01-23-2016, 12:01 AM   #56
mschnell

As LiveConfigs is provided to allow to switch on and off sound and effect engines (i.e. mute and unmute Reaper tracks), but not to control run/stop of playback, I suppose this is not the appropriate tool for what you have in mind (even though LiveConfigs in fact can generate any Reaper "actions" and via that you can start / stop playback and have full control about Reaper via scripts).

Maybe the new Reaper Feature "SubProject" allows for starting (by a Reaper event) and running multiple multi-track setups independently (but in parallel). I did not yet take a look at that.

Maybe, what you want is a sampler: an instrument that triggered by a Midi (note-on) message plays back a (or multiple) recorded sound.

Here you can take a look at (e.g.) "LinuxSampler" -> http://www.linuxsampler.org/documentation.html . (Despite of the name there is a Windows version. I did not look for Mac stuff).

LinuxSampler (and other similar VSTs, I once tried e.g. Sforzando -> https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/ or see -> http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=115186 ) use the standard SFZ format to define it's "sounds":

In an SFZ file, you define wav-files to be played back whenever a note-on is received and you can set lots of playback parameters (trigger keys, loops, pitch modification, envelopes, filters, ...) most of which you will not need here.

Once you wrote an SFZ file ad saved the wave files with your sounds to be played back you can use the Sampler as a VST instrument that will play your files triggered by your pads (or whatever midi source).

Of course one of the best (known) Sampers is NI Kontakt. It uses it's own propriety format and can import your wav files in a user friendly way. But it is not exactly cheap .

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-23-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #57
godly

You can use marker actions to start stop the timeline?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #58
Ravi

Default Please help

Thank You Again

Hi Godly

Thank You for your reply

Please kindly advise with sufficient details how I can trigger selection and playback of midi backing track region which has multiple regions using midi controller button. Please help with required scripts and or details

Please let me know how a single midi note can play multiple instruments sounds on a midi backing track How to setup this midi backing track

Thank You All Again
Old 01-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #59
Soli Deo Gloria

Default About the number of simultaneous live configs

Hi!

One question about the number of simultaneous live configs available : in the manual it says that we can use up to 8 configs but in the window, as well as in the actions list, I can only see 4... has anything changed since then? Iīm using the latest version of Reaper with SWS extensions v2.8.3.
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #60
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
Hi!

One question about the number of simultaneous live configs available : in the manual it says that we can use up to 8 configs but in the window, as well as in the actions list, I can only see 4... has anything changed since then? Iīm using the latest version of Reaper with SWS extensions v2.8.3.
The old manual is wrong.

It's only 4 Configs (aka Pages / Tables)

see the updated manual -> http://www.bschnell.de/LiveConfigs_1.pdf

Last edited by mschnell; 01-28-2016 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #61
Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks for the feedback, mschnell!

What a pitty! So, if you have, say, 7 performers/tracks, you must distribute the changes between the 512 available rows in the 4 pages, am I wrong?
Old 01-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #62
mschnell

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, mschnell!

What a pitty! So, if you have, say, 7 performers/tracks, you must distribute the changes between the 512 available rows in the 4 pages, am I wrong?
I never saw a problem in this.

for me a Page is a set of sounds that I play with a masterkeyboard.

I have two Masterkeyboards so I do use two Config tables, one for each of them.

So I have up to 128 different sounds / patches per Masterkeyboard. Each of my masterkeyboards only has buttons to select one of 64 Sounds via Program-Change messages.

OK, I could build multiple or even many patch pages but for my application, up to 64 sounds is by far enough.

Maybe you have a completely different use for LiveConfigs in mind....

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-27-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #63
Soli Deo Gloria

Well, I donīt know if this would open a can of worms, but Iīd find it very useful if we could add/remove pages as needed for different ensembles - say, from a solo act to a symphony orchestra -. To be precise, Iīm beginning to write for an ensemble of 4 controller keyboards, electronic percussionist and a variable number of voices from 1 to 4. If my idea could be implemented somehow, Iīd find other uses as well...
Old 01-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #64
mschnell

"ensemble" = multiple players performing together.

I don't see a different use for LiveConfigs pages than using them in parallel, i.e. each is fed by a different independent controller. So you seemingly aim for multiple players.

Are you sure, that a single PC will have enough performance for all this ?

Due to necessary low latency setting, for live playing you do need enough PC performance headroom to be sure that no crackles will occur.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-28-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #65
Soli Deo Gloria

Well, youīve got the point! Indeed, Iīve got various scenarios in mind :

- A relatively small ensemble (up to 5 instrumentalists and 1-4 voices, as told above) with light Vstis/Vsts (Synth1, FM8, Reaplugs, etc.). This can be handled by a reasonable setup, I think (I am testing an I5 netbook for this purpose during these days, but donīt discard using a desktop machine with better specs).

- A medium ensemble (say 12 performers or so) with heavy-weight Vstis and light Vsts. Since I have an I7 PC with 32 gbs of ram and SSD for the OS/programs, I can - almost - assure this is totally feasible. A dedicated machine with these specs assembled for live usage is an expensive solution, but viable in any case.

- Symphonic-type works, with high latency (1024)and a PC similar to the one mentioned in the previous example. I am even considering this type of usage for studio work, above all for synth and FXs handling in many parallel tracks. A single CC could provide, on each track, many changes that would need many automation/CC lanes in some cases...

With such an implementation, pages could maybe be named/labeled for easier handling. In any case, it would be up to the programmer to realize how much is possible with the available setup...

Last edited by Soli Deo Gloria; 01-28-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #66
mschnell

Besides desktop and laptop there are "embedded" PC designs.

I use a fanless i7 with 16 GB Ram and SSD built in a trunk together with an AD/box and DIs. On stage no Monitor,mouse or Computer keyboard connected.

-> http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=156724

-Michael
Old 01-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #67
Soli Deo Gloria

Wow, thatīs quite a sophisticated setup, really! Iīve just seen it available here in Argentina, in a local shopping website. As predictable, it is not precisely cheap, but neither unreasonable... Iīll take note of this and probably will ask you a question or two in the future; thanks for the data!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
OK, I could build multiple or even many patch pages but for my application, up to 64 sounds is by far enough.
Regarding this, does it mean that you could effectively add the functionality I mentioned above to the Live Configs? If so, I could even willingly pay for it, you can be sure. And in that case, would it be fine if I request it to you, or should I ask Jeffos first?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #68
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
On stage no Monitor,mouse or Computer keyboard connected.
One more thing : does it imply that monitor, mouse and keyboard are backstage, in a wireless fashion?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:29 PM   #69
mschnell

Quote:
One more thing : does it imply that monitor, mouse and keyboard are backstage, in a wireless fashion?
Nope. Just unused and detached when usually playing. Only necessary for configuration. (This is an "embedded" device.)

-Michael
Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #70
mschnell

Quote:
Regarding this, does it mean that you could effectively add the functionality I mentioned above to the Live Configs?
True in multiple ways.

1) SWS (of which LiveConfigs is just a part) is an open source product and so it can be enhanced in any possible way.

In fact I already suggested to split the "SWS extensions" in multiple stand-alone parts one of which would be LiveConfigs. I offered to become the maintainer of that new LibeConfigs version, but got no amnswer to that.

2) Everything that LiveConfigs does can be done with things like Reaper Scripts. But creating such scripts would be a lot of work.

-Michael
Old 01-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #71
Soli Deo Gloria

Well, thatīs good to know!

Yesterday I took a look at the Live Configs in order to test a couple of things regarding my specific needs. Apart from the number of pages and a couple of other things that I would change, the most limiting aspect of it is due not to anything related to the Live Configs themselves but to the way Reaper handles its own preset system... I donīt know your opinion, but the import/export option for the RPLs is really problematic -at least for me - because of a simple fact : it seems to behave globally, so every time I import in a FX instance a preset library, I end up affecting the other instances as well... Now, there is the ability to use FX copies on each project path, which can be a great help in this sense (I mean, to have specific presets for each instance) but then there is the issue that Iīve seen plugins that wonīt acccept to be renamed or moved from their installation location.

I tried also with track templates, but at first glance it seems to need a little more time to load (depending on the plugs), and to make little changes it doesnīt seem as efficient - correct me if I am wrong, anyway -. If there was a way to load fxps on each Fx, that would ease preset handling in my case, maybe...

Iīll be watching closely the Live Configs during the next months, and Iīll have to decide between this and Bidule Vst/Vsti as FX host on each track, which allows the greatest degree of control of every aspect of the system. Iīll write to you if I have more questions, and I really hope that these extensions will continue to evolve...
Old 01-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #72
mschnell

I don't understand what exactly you mean about RPLs.

What I do is this:

- define a plugin in a track.
- configure it to do what it should do in this track.
- use the little [+] symbol on the border Reaper draws around the plugin's GUI
- save the preset with a dedicated name
- configure LiveConfigs to unmute this track and load that preset to that plugin.

Of course this can be done with multiple plugins in a track.

Of course using the same pluging in another track (or multiple times in the same track) requires multiple different preset names.

I use this e.g. for Kontakt and same uses the library that is denoted by the appropriate preset.

Is this what you mean ?

(Some plugins may have some private setup parameters that will not be published as VST parameters. If you want to investigate in depth what is happening you might want to take a look at the (VST-) parameters that reaper will show you for the plugin (e.g. for automation). These are the parameters that are stored tn the "presets".)

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 01-29-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #73
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
Is this what you mean ?
Exactly! But the problem - to my taste -, is that Reaperīs preset system is global, not on a per-instance basis. I mean, if you save presets for each instance of, say, ReaEQ in a project, and you do this with each project you work on, everytime you add a new instance of ReaEQ youīll get an insanely long/crowded list of all your presets, and thatīs a real problem, at least for me. As commented above, with the new ability to use FXs on a project basis, this could theoretically be solved by placing copies of the FXs you are going to use in the project folder, but this method would have other downsides that make it also unappealing to me in this case.

You probably know that with NIīs great synths (Massive, Absynth and FM8) you donīt have this problem since they have this wonderful method where you can enable a bank of 128 programs that are reported to the host as presets. But with most other plugins, I find it problematic...

I am currently solving this by using Bidule as an FX on each track (which is my essential tool for most programming tasks, by the way). By setting everything inside a group module, I can change configurations of any reported parameter inside the whole system with a single preset change. There is some work to set up everything correctly, but the degree of control you get in the end is absolutely supreme. I am certainly interested in Live Configs as an alternative, but for my needs I would need it to be coupled with a per-instance preset system in Reaper...
Old 01-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #74
mschnell

Quote:
Reaperīs preset system is global, not on a per-instance basis.
You can save different presets - each with a different name - for multiple instances of the same plugin and have LiveConfigs call one of them for any instance of that plugin in that projects when activating one config line.

But you are right this is not on a per Project base, as the setups are stored each in a file with the name you give it.

So in multiple projects you would need to use new names, if you want new setups (Or use the same names if you want to handle them globally, which might - or might not - make sense.

-Michael
Old 01-31-2016, 07:42 PM   #75
Soli Deo Gloria

Well, thatīs the problem to my taste...to have a global list with all the presets of all your projects (or, in any case, to have to copy the dlls of the FXs to each project directory with another name to have dedicated presets lists) itīs not viable to me. I hope this can be modified at any point of Reaperīs development...
Old 01-31-2016, 11:22 PM   #76
mschnell

Quote:
to have to copy the dlls of the FXs to each project directory with another name to have dedicated presets lists
I suppose it would be much easier to save the presets with a new project - specific name and with that create a net entry in the plugin's "ini" file in the Reaper "presets" directory.

Maybe there is an easy way to change the "presets" directory itself when changing the project (maybe a "feature request" ?!?!? )

-Michael
Old 02-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #77
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
I suppose it would be much easier to save the presets with a new project - specific name and with that create a net entry in the plugin's "ini" file in the Reaper "presets" directory.

Maybe there is an easy way to change the "presets" directory itself when changing the project (maybe a "feature request" ?!?!? )

-Michael
Both are good ideas, indeed. Besides, an imported preset library (.rpl) should affect only its corresponding FX instance. Broadly speaking, more preset management options are badly needed, in my humble opinion. I donīt know if these improvements could be handled by scripts; if so, maybe an implementation could be nearer in the future than a native one which is, of course, uncertain...
Old 02-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #78
Jeffos
Mortal

Just a heads up: starting with SWS v2.8.6, the action section "S&M Extension" will be removed (this section is useless now, it was introduced to workaround some old API limitations...). All related actions, including the Live Config tool's "MIDI/OSC" actions have been moved to to the "Main" section. So, if you have learned some of these actions, you will need to update your controller bindings. Sorry for the trouble, they won't change again...

BTW, there is a bunch of updates for the Live Config tool: fixed possible stuck notes vs sustain pedal events, improved preset support, a new option "Disarm all but active track", etc. These updates are available in the SWS v2.8.6 pre-release (see http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...62&postcount=1), feedback is welcome.
More to come, perhaps...

Quote:
I've added support for up to 8 controllers/configs.

Quote:
2) Everything that LiveConfigs does can be done with things like Reaper Scripts. But creating such scripts would be a lot of work.
I don't think so. Well, you can do a lot with scripts... but, for a start, it'd be hard to ensure glitch-free switches and to smooth talkative MIDI/OSC controller inputs while giving OSC and/or GUI feedback at the same time, etc
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #79
mschnell

Quote:
Well, you can do a lot with scripts... but, for a start, it'd be hard to ensure glitch-free switches and to smooth talkative MIDI/OSC controller inputs while giving OSC and/or GUI feedback at the same time, etc
Yep ! I recommend LiveConfigs to many musicians, because I really think it's a perfect tool for the job.

Thanks a lot,
-Michael
Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #80
mschnell

Quote:
...These updates are available in the SWS v2.8.6 pre-release (see http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...62&postcount=1), feedback is welcome.
More to come, perhaps...
Sounds Great !

I just hope it will not break my live playing setup (not using any actions at all) that is driven by LiveConfigs.

If there are fixes and enhancements they of course are welcome.

To decently test it, I would need to install the beta version on the same PC but be able to go on using the proven version for production. Is this somehow possible ?

You do remember that I did an update to the user manual reflecting the current version. Do you want me to update it to the version to come ?

Thanks again,
-Michael