Old 05-20-2020, 11:13 PM   #1
metallicaguy1
Human being with feelings

Default After render, song sounds different

I recorded a short piece of a song and was happy with the final mix. So I render it. When I play it, either in reaper or elsewhere, after rendering, it sounds different. The guitar's don't sound the same, and I can't figure out why. Sounds good until render. I've never come across this problem before. I'm using bias as guitar amp sim. recording into a scarlet focusright. Anyone else have this problem?
metallicaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:36 AM   #2
akademie

Hi metallicaguy1,
I would bet it is in routing. Maybe you have some extra sends to hardware outputs, so that those audio is duplicated when playing in-project, but rendered is only Master Out (missing those extra direct outputs)?

You can post the .RPP file (without audio) to let us see if we can identify some strangeness in routing or anything else.

Rendered mix should sound the same as played, except very minor differences when modulation effects are used, or when above mentioned hw output routing is added, or if the render settings are incorrectly set.
Also be sure that you do not play new rendered file through any effects (like it may happen when you have some finalizing effects on Master track channel and you would import rendered mix as another track into that project - of course it will sound differently as it has that masterfx processing applied twice then).
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
richie43

Do you possibly have any fx in the monitoring fx bay? I use some eq correction for monitoring, for instance.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #4
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
Do you possibly have any fx in the monitoring fx bay? I use some eq correction for monitoring, for instance.
I don't think so, as it was stated in first message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaguy1 View Post
...<snip>
When I play it, either in reaper or elsewhere, after rendering, it sounds different.
<snip>...
It would all play through the Monitoring FX (live project and render imported in new tab/project).
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
metallicaguy1

I Think its cause of bias fox 2, actually. I used a countdown to extinction tone that I downloaded from a tone match somebody posted. Anyway, they made a custom amp named countdown to extinction. So what I did was delet only the amp sim, tried a stock one, and it didn't sound different when I rendered. Weird though
metallicaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote