Old 12-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
RobertP
Human being with feelings

Default Routing only midi drums [SOLVED]

I am sure this is possible but when it comes to routing issues I just blank out. I talked to my doctor about this and he suggested posting here because you are all such a wonderful bunch of therapists...

I have seen many templates for drum vsti's, not least for kontakt and Addictive drums. I want to use one instance of AD but in a specific way (I assume a solution would apply to kontakt too).

I want to record individual drum parts as midi on individual tracks. I have this picture of
Track 1 - parent having AD on it
Track 2 - child track kick
Track 3 - child track snare
and so on but with the kick recorded as midi on Track 2, the snare recorded as midi on track 3, etc. This parent / child arrangement is purely in my head though.

As I said, I have seen and experimented with many of the templates I have found but they seem not to record the specific drum on the specific track as midi, but do in the track with AD as vsti. Also, most of the templates have a number of audio tracks attached - I am not wanting audio tracks at all at the moment (I assume that in the event that I want a global audio drum track I could simply drag the IO's to a specific track and record the output).

I hope this is clear enough for someone to advise or explain how to do it, or even better link me to a template that does this (pretty please).

Thanks in advance

EDIT: just found this ... again ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i1ZaO9CR6I Recording MIDI Drums to Separate Tracks. This explains it all and how to do it ...brilliant, thanks Kenny. I failed before as I didn't have the 'Input FX' spot showing in my theme in the same way as Kenny - I just dragged it over to the blank spot.

Last edited by RobertP; 12-31-2018 at 10:08 AM.
RobertP is online now   Reply With Quote