Old 01-24-2024, 10:32 AM   #1
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Default v7.09+dev0124 - January 24 2024

v7.09+dev0124 - January 24 2024
  • * Includes feature branch: VST prefetch reporting
  • * Includes feature branch: notify user if default menu changed after a menu was customized
  • * Includes feature branch: extended ASCII encoding for .wav file text metadata
  • * Includes feature branch: envelope list window improvements
  • * Includes feature branch: media items on higher numbered lanes optionally mask playback of lower lanes
  • * Includes feature branch: increase fixed lane limit to 256 lanes
  • + Media Explorer: apply customized channel preview to MIDI item when inserting
  • + Media Explorer: handle active search properly when renaming file [t=286683]
  • + Media Explorer: improve randomness of action to randomize file list
  • + Media Explorer: restore most recently used channel mapping when reloading a file that was previously previewed
  • + Media Explorer: support previewing specific MIDI channels
  • + Media explorer: display channel count for MIDI files (may require re-reading metadata from media)
  • + ReaScript: improve behavior when removing selection via arrow keys
  • + VST: report prefetch state to plug-ins for anticipative FX and pre-buffering
  • + Virtual MIDI Keyboard: add checkbox to send all keyboard input to VKB
  • # Media Explorer: support re-mapping higher source media channels even if playing back through a smaller number of channels
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 01-24-2024, 10:55 AM   #2
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
  • + Media Explorer: apply customized channel preview to MIDI item when inserting
  • + Media Explorer: improve randomness of action to randomize file list
  • + Media Explorer: restore most recently used channel mapping when reloading a file that was previously previewed
  • + Media explorer: display channel count for MIDI files (may require re-reading metadata from media)
Wow, love the MIDI improvements!
Lately, I've been using it more for MIDI than audio.
Time for bed now, but I'll be sure to test with MIDI from a variety of sources later today...
Old 01-24-2024, 11:09 AM   #3
Gass n Klang

Quote:
v7.09+dev0124 - January 24 2024[*]+ VST: report prefetch state to plug-ins for anticipative FX and pre-buffering
what will that be good for?
Old 01-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
what will that be good for?
Not sure if any plug-ins use it, currently, though they may, and it was requested for some in development.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 01:24 PM   #5
Daodan

Quote:
  • + Media Explorer: handle active search properly when renaming file [t=286683]
Thanks. But one little thing:

I think mark should not disappear and file should stay selected after rename or canceled rename.
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:26 AM   #6
PitchSlap

Quote:
Some feedback from MIDI channel testing:
-After using the channel settings Reaper no longer asks whether to split the file into individual tracks.

-Most of the multichannel MIDI files I've made + GM files will follow similar mappings so when browsing a directory I'd like the ability to keep the same channel selection (when possible), instead of have re-doing it for every item.

-Inserted files contain all the notes from the original file, visible on the timeline and in the midi editor, and while they play if clicked on, they're silent on playback.

This was very confusing until I realized it was using a setting in the source properties I didn't know existed.🤷‍♂️
It also feels off when what's displayed on the timeline might be entirely different than the same item in the midi editor.

This example shows 4 versions of the same file. The top 3 used different channel filter settings and the bottom is without filtering, but each item is displayed identically when opened in the midi editor.
The filtered display of only the selected channel(s) is exactly how I expect it to look in the Media Explorer, but this can only be seen after the item is inserted.

The top section of the Event Filter is more the functionality I'm hoping for. It will already be familiar to a lot of users (though has the opposite problem in that the arrange item doesn't match visually filtered/soloed channels.)

A useful Event Filter tweak when previewing is using the channel selection dropdown for the output of active channels rather than for Draw events...
That way it's easy to audition the active preview channel(s) through any part of a multi-timbral VSTi and not need to make sure single instruments are in omni receive mode (all without leaving the Media Explorer )

My Media Explorer is always docked in the top-right above the mixer which isn't a problem with audio, but this LICEcap shows the scaling inconsistencies at different heights, and the importance of visually filtering to the active MIDI for clarity.

A Media Explorer version of "View: Zoom to content" would be helpful (that's the first thing I press after opening an item in the midi editor.)

(*I tried to keep the images small, but it's hard at 4K)

Last edited by PitchSlap; 01-25-2024 at 08:45 AM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 12:23 PM   #7
Dubnick

Will this have a positive effect on the off timing of some eqs that have spectral analyzers built in (like Claro, for example)? If so, thank you soooooo much for doing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Not sure if any plug-ins use it, currently, though they may, and it was requested for some in development.

Last edited by Dubnick; 01-26-2024 at 03:49 AM.
Dubnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 05:14 PM   #8
Swi

Default mulitchannel input issue

when I make a single track with 10 channels and go to assign the inputs. the only available input channels are from channel 10 onward (upward).

Likewise, If I make a single track 4 channels, when I set the recording inputs it starts at channel 4 and I cannot access the inputs previous (lower).

I want to set a 10 channel input going from 7-16 but that does not seem possible.

Glitch?

Haven't needed to do this for a while.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 05:09 AM   #9
schwa
Administrator

I don't think I understand the multichannel input question. Could you post a screenshot of the track input menu and the routing window?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:06 AM   #10
Valle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
sonible?