Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
jmcecil
Human being with feelings

Default Moving media edge issue

I saw in one of the gifs someone posted a feature that I didn't know existed and I can't figure out how to enable. Basically when I'm at a split I either get <-[-> or <-]-> never <-][->

here's an example

What combo of preferences might i have checked that would disable that.
jmcecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
bradleyfilms

This can be caused by a section slipping while snap to grid was off. Try turning on grid snapping and moving both parts left and right so they both snap to the same grid line.
Steve
Old 08-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfilms View Post
This can be caused by a section slipping while snap to grid was off. Try turning on grid snapping and moving both parts left and right so they both snap to the same grid line.
Steve
Actually snapping was on. But even when I moved them both it still did not work.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
j79

select both items...
j79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by j79 View Post
select both items...
as the video shows, both are selected
Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
j79

sorry...your theme has coloring of selected items backwards compared to mine, and i didnt pay enough attention to the video.

anway, if you are positive that the items are snapped to eachother (or the same gridline) i cant really help...
j79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by j79 View Post
sorry...your theme has coloring of selected items backwards compared to mine, and i didnt pay enough attention to the video.

anway, if you are positive that the items are snapped to eachother (or the same gridline) i cant really help...
I appreciate the try, maybe this video will show more.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
musicbynumbers

strange.. there is an option to make it so "dual-trim" can only work with both objects selected (which you have), not sure what else it may be. Have you tried just re-installing over your previous version with the latest?
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
gofer
-blänk-

The items have to be exactly end to end. I suppose you have Reaper set up to do tiny crossfades on split (Preferences -> Project -> Defaults: "Create automatic fades for new items" and"Crossfade (overlap) on split" are checked). The overlap keeps "dual trim" from working on the item edges.

You can still move the crossfade as a whole by hovering over the upper part of the split until you see the fade cursor icon. Now hold shift and move both item edges together.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
strange.. there is an option to make it so "dual-trim" can only work with both objects selected (which you have), not sure what else it may be. Have you tried just re-installing over your previous version with the latest?
I have installed just about every pre-release for a few months. I have never see the option to dual trim. I was shocked when I saw it in one of the bug gifs someone made. They weren't doing the vid to show that feature, I just happened to notice the icon change and was like WTF!! I want that.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
The items have to be exactly end to end. I suppose you have Reaper set up to do tiny crossfades on split (Preferences -> Project -> Defaults: "Create automatic fades for new items" and"Crossfade (overlap) on split" are checked). The overlap keeps "dual trim" from working on the item edges.

You can still move the crossfade as a whole by hovering over the upper part of the split until you see the fade cursor icon. Now hold shift and move both item edges together.
I think we have a winner. Let me go check that setting. i believe you are correct, I turned the autocrossfade down to almost non-existent, but still there.

EDIT: Yep, that's it. Thanks a bunch.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
gofer
-blänk-

Also try that dual trim move while holding ALT. That's dual stretch, it's great for the quick timing correction, warp-style .
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Also try that dual trim move while holding ALT. That's dual stretch, it's great for the quick timing correction, warp-style .
hehe, that sounds fun. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: TWO FISTS OF STRETCH FURRY