Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 03-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
adrenalinic
Human being with feelings

Default External Midi Recording stop from Ableton (Master)

Hi.
I Play drums and percussion and I need to work with two workstation, the main is ableton for live electronics and Reaper as Slave to record drums and percussion.

I sync all together with midi over ethernet time code, all works great except the recording stop.

I arm all tracks in reapear and press the record button with external sync, on Ableton i click play and reaper start with the play rec , but when i click stop on ableton , reaper don't stop....

How I can solve ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 455019431_8171456183971663066.jpg (57.8 KB, 191 views)
adrenalinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
gminorcoles

I have the same problem slaving reaper to Digital Performer. I hit record, reaper waits, hit play on DP, and reaper starts recording. But when I hit stop, reaper does not stop. Also, rewind and other transport don't seem to work in reaper when I press them in DP - even play doesn't work if it's not already recording. I am using midi loopback on windows, listening for MTC.
gminorcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
adrenalinic

Hello I have solved using two ableton lives using the internal albleton sync on two different computers.

to manage audio channels , i have bought a dante audinate license, one dante via on the main pc with soundcard and a dante virtual sound card on the second pc.

the dante via pass the input soundcard to the network and create the ethernet wordclock sync, the virtualsoundcard receive clone audio from the soundcard, each computer record the respective audio and obtaining at the same time load cpu balancing .

if you setup dante audinate, add a second ethernet port on each computer, use only cat5e cables, on a parallel network with a dedicated router with dhcp enabled.

bye bye
adrenalinic is offline   Reply With Quote