Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
aardvarkk
Human being with feelings

Default [3.104] Creative X-Fi ASIO Driver Not Found in x64 Is Found In x32

I'm not sure if this is perhaps a problem with my local driver, but when I downloaded the x64 version of v3.104 on Windows Vista x64, it didn't discover my Creative Labs X-Fi soundcard ASIO driver. The symptom was that it simply wasn't available to select under the audio preferences on startup.

After trying the 32-bit version of the program, it does successfully discover the ASIO driver for my card. Is this something regarding the x64 version requiring native 64-bit drivers perhaps? Either way, I'll stick with the 32-bit version for now so I can use ASIO, but hopefully this is something fixable instead of a driver issue.

Thanks!
aardvarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
krahosk

Default x-fi x64 ASIO

It's that Creative Lab doesn't want to support x64 ASIO. Some dedicated users have found a workaround however.

Download the latest x-fi drivers (the beta one, because Creative Labs has intentionaly removed two files so that the workaround doesn't work).

Unzip the driver manually.

Create a .bat file in the following folder you unziped:

SBDRIVER\DRIVERS\SBXF\

Enter these lines:

copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ Ct20xspi.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ct_oal.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTAPO64.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ctasio.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ctdproxy.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTEMUPIA.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTMLFx64.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ctosuser.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ctppld.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ ctpxst64.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTtele64.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTxfiBtn.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ Ctxfihlp.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTxfiReg.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CTxfiSpi.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ CtxfiSpk.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ devreg.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ enlocstr.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ killapps.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ piaproxy.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ regplib.exe %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ sfman32.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\amd64\ sfms32.dll %windir%\system32
copy /Y D:\Desktop\SBDRIVER\Drivers\SBXF\wdm\common\kill.i ni %windir%\system32
%windir%\system32\ctpxst64.exe
%windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s ctasio.dll
%windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s ctppld.dll
%windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s ctdproxy.dll
pause

Of course, you will have to replace the D:\DESKTOP\ by the location you put the unziped x-fi driver.

Save the file.

Run the .bat file as administrator.

Voilà, x-fi ASIO, x64 flavour.

Reference:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...522787#M138625

Last edited by krahosk; 09-15-2009 at 05:36 PM.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
jacobestes

Default Easier..

I just tried this method (by that I mean yours specifically and similar ways mentioned on the forum you linked to) and I had trouble. This seems much easier:

Download the newest drivers: http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/D..._2_18_0013.exe

Use 7Zip to unpack the .exe file.

Go to Drivers/SBXF/wdm/common/amd64 in the unpacked file and copy ALL of these files into Windows/SysWOW64

Do NOT replace existing files. Click YES to add all new files.

Go to http://box.net/shared/8loilkeij4 to get the files which are in the beta version of the new drivers, but are not in the available drivers from Creative's website. Copy those files into SysWOW64 as well.

Find the "Run" program and run this command:

regsvr32 /s ctasio.dll ctppld.dll ctdproxy.dll ctouser.dll

I don't understand the point in creating a .bat file when all it really does is copy files.

But, thank you SO SO SO much. This annoyed me to absolutely no end.
jacobestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
SpectreQueen

Default x-fi x64 ASIO

would an installer handmade make any difference, this would negate the need to do such things by hand, and be equally as enjoyable to install for everyone. im sure the removed files were done so for some reason but not thinking of us x-fi customers with 64 bit machines with like os installed.
i personall have xp both 86 and 64, vista both 86 and 64, 7 86 and 64, server 2003/8 86 and 64 and plan to install x-fi xtreme on the older pc's and pci-e version on the newer ones, if still available one for my compaq proliant v2 HL580 amd flava.
to me sound is important as i do some work with acoustic compilation, amoung other subjects and i chose X-FI Xtreme Sound for how customizable output can be used. but i do find having to jimmyrig such software to do what they should have seen to them self, disgusting and very unappreciative to customers and outside developers who put this together in the first place.

simply get your favourite install maker, though must have the ability to use driver registering tools.
add the files to location of where, in this case what krahosk said for the binary file, register info for the dll's and any other bits you may want to go in too, and create and burn. thats how us spectre's do things all the time, we make our own stuff including the odd adaptation of os's and softwares, and so on.
thank you and good luck.
SpectreQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Rusty Falcon

I have an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card and was wanting to use 64-bit myself. So in my research I learned that Creative released a new Windows 9/Windows 7 driver just this month. I noticed my driver was dated 2009 so I downloaded and installed ONLY THE DRIVER.

Guess what...

I'm now running Reaper x64 and using ASIO with my Creative card!

Renders seem somewhat faster and general Reaper response is also appreciably faster. I have some x64 plugins but mostly x86 plugins and they are running bridged... no problems seen yet.

If you want to try this, check Creative support at http://support.creative.com/, drill down for your X-Fi card, and search for the driver. The release date on the driver I used is 3 Jan 2013 and the file name is SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_18_0015A.exe.

I unpacked it using 7Zip, navigated down to the Drivers/SBXF folder and ran the Setup.exe file. I told the install to only update the driver.

Last edited by Rusty Falcon; 01-15-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: better info
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote