Old 07-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
HugoRibeiroDotCom
Human being with feelings

Default Some Folk-ish music for everyone! PART II

Howdy!

This is another of the 6 songs of an EP I recorded for Portuguese artist Bruno Pato.
I also engineered the whole EP.

Buy EP here:
Bandcamp: https://brunopato.bandcamp.com

This was not the original drum track I recorded for the EP. This is a replica play through of what I did for this particular song. I re-recorded the song for video purposes only.

All the drums are natural. No triggers or blended samples were used.

Hope you enjoy!

cheers

HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
mschuster

love it! brushes!!! just don't hear those much these days... lol. believe it or not, once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away - i was a drummer. use to love brushes. so many fun things to play with as a percussionist.

i love the "depth" of sound your snare is producing with the brushes and lovely, and perfectly balanced, clamp of the hi-hat adding just a nice touch of highs perfectly in time.

again, the recording/mix are top notch Hugo. you really have it 'seated' well and that's huge for a song like this. just really pleasant to listen to! congrats on a job really well done.
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
DaveStuff

Sound great man...

I checked out some of the record over there on Bandcamp.
Listening to somebody singing in another language is interesting..Really sounds good..That recording is way clean...

The project I'm working on is not nearly that balanced and clean... Gonna have to keep practicing I recon ))

I am a drummer myself... But having a broken down kit and only a couple of microphones and my recording rig didn't work very good for this beginning Reaper user...... I started using sampled drums...Then finally EZ drummer...

Tapping out beats on a keyboard is not the same as playing a real kit like that... I miss it...One day when I upgrade and fix these old drums...

Great Job
DaveStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:49 AM   #4
HugoRibeiroDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschuster View Post
love it! brushes!!! just don't hear those much these days... lol. believe it or not, once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away - i was a drummer. use to love brushes. so many fun things to play with as a percussionist.

i love the "depth" of sound your snare is producing with the brushes and lovely, and perfectly balanced, clamp of the hi-hat adding just a nice touch of highs perfectly in time.

again, the recording/mix are top notch Hugo. you really have it 'seated' well and that's huge for a song like this. just really pleasant to listen to! congrats on a job really well done.
Thanks so much Mark!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveStuff View Post
Sound great man...

I checked out some of the record over there on Bandcamp.
Listening to somebody singing in another language is interesting..Really sounds good..That recording is way clean...

The project I'm working on is not nearly that balanced and clean... Gonna have to keep practicing I recon ))

I am a drummer myself... But having a broken down kit and only a couple of microphones and my recording rig didn't work very good for this beginning Reaper user...... I started using sampled drums...Then finally EZ drummer...

Tapping out beats on a keyboard is not the same as playing a real kit like that... I miss it...One day when I upgrade and fix these old drums...

Great Job
Thanks so much Dave!
Get back to a real drum kit as soon as you can!
Nothing beats a nice real and natural kit sound.

cheers
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRibeiroDotCom View Post
Howdy!

This is another of the 6 songs of an EP I recorded for Portuguese artist Bruno Pato.
I also engineered the whole EP.

Buy EP here:
Bandcamp: https://brunopato.bandcamp.com

This was not the original drum track I recorded for the EP. This is a replica play through of what I did for this particular song. I re-recorded the song for video purposes only.

All the drums are natural. No triggers or blended samples were used.

Hope you enjoy!

cheers

Nice brush work, and nice even balanced sound on your mix.

I used to play in Vince Gill's old blugrass band, from before he was famous, and half the songs we did called for brushes. :-)
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #6
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRibeiroDotCom View Post
Thanks so much Mark!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveStuff

Thanks so much Dave!
Get back to a real drum kit as soon as you can!
Nothing beats a nice real and natural kit sound.

cheers
I prefer playing acoustic drums, but my studio doesn't really have the room for my full live kit. I play this pad kit almost exclusively using Superior Drummer 2 for recording. The pad kit is much quicker to get a song recorded, since there are no levels to get, or pre-mixing required.

http://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/22/imgp...pg?version=251

I do however also have this cocktail drum kit in my studio, and have used it on occasion for a couple songs.

http://sclkssl.ssl.hwcdn.net/25/imgp...pg?version=230
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote