Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
thebeeze
Human being with feelings

Default Issue with Sample Tank 3

Hello,
New to this forum so unsure if this is the proper place for this.

I use sample tank 3 with Reaper. So far so good, but I ran into an issue recently that I can't seem to debug.

Sampletank 3 has a whole drum library with tons of sample patterns to use. I've noticed that some of the patterns seem to not play at all or hang up in reaper regardless of the instrument selected. The library I'm having the most trouble with is the Metal library of patterns.

I sent a test file to the people who develop Sample Tank and they did a bunch of testing. They claim it to be reaper issue of some kind as they were able to replicate the problem on their end, but see that the patterns I sent them worked fine in other DAWs.

Is there someone on here who can help with this or direct in the right direction?

Thanks!
thebeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Pet

Hi and welcome here!

If you are using the VST3 of Sampletank, than this a known problem with IK Multimedia VST3. This happens with other VST3 like Miroslav Philharmonik2 too, also in other DAWs like Samplitude and Cubase. What I know, this occurs with hanging notes, but maybe this affects the patterns too.

Try to use the "normal" VST instead.

You can get more information about that in this thread: "Stuck" notes with Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hope that helps,
Peter
Old 06-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
thebeeze

Wow thanks for the insight. Hate to sound like an idiot, but how does one switch between normal, vst2, vst3, etc?

Last edited by thebeeze; 06-17-2017 at 02:11 PM.
thebeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:50 AM   #4
Pet

It doesn't sound like being an idiot. It's a legitimate question.

To answer: if you open the FX window to add SampleTank, choose the one with the prefix VSTi instead of VST3i. That's what I meant with "normal". Before the VST3 technology came up, the term was just VST(i), which is the same as VST2(i).

The (i) normally means that it is a VST "I"nstrument. Just "VST" normally means effects like reverb or so. You will also find "AU" (afaik a MAC thingy that also can be used in windows) and "AAX" for ProTools plugins.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
Drumer3914

Default Sampletank

I have an issue with the sampletank vst2 works fine with my midi controller but when I click on the midi loops I get sound but no midi notes when recording , the take is empty
Drumer3914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:46 AM   #6
Stella645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumer3914 View Post
I have an issue with the sampletank vst2 works fine with my midi controller but when I click on the midi loops I get sound but no midi notes when recording , the take is empty
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....63#post2228363
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote