Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 12-23-2020, 01:06 AM   #1
Kusakanaka
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Theme Instrument 5 - Your Individual Interface

Hello! I've been designing themes for Reaper, and in the comments people often indicate their preferences in the interface. We perfectly understand that it is impossible to create a theme that would be liked by absolutely everyone and in everything.

For an adequate donation, I am ready to create for you an individual interface of the "Instrument 5" theme: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2633/I...ReaperThemeZip

Changing colors, shapes of buttons, faders. New layouts and more.
We discuss the changes first, and then I get to work.

Don't forget to include your mail so I can send you a theme.

Link to my PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kusa...locale.x=ru_RU

Last edited by Kusakanaka; 12-23-2020 at 01:34 AM.
Kusakanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
RobertP

Define 'adequate donation' please.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:19 AM   #3
Kusakanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
Define 'adequate donation' please.
We all understand that just drawing a new fader and creating a completely new layout for a track or mixer will take me a different amount of time. But it will make you happier Therefore, I would like to somehow compensate for this time.
Adequate is the amount that you do not mind donating, but which at least a little corresponds to the work done
Old 12-23-2020, 05:45 AM   #4
StalwartHipster

What kind of crowd funding would it take to get Instrumental HiDPI support?
StalwartHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
Kusakanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalwartHipster View Post
What kind of crowd funding would it take to get Instrumental HiDPI support?
i was thinking about creating an Instrument theme in 4k and was asked this question before, but unfortunately my monitor only supports HD. During the production process, the interface must be constantly tested.

Last edited by Kusakanaka; 12-23-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:46 AM   #6
nikki5000

I really love the Ableton Style of your Themes, great work! I would definitely pay $30 for a HiDPI Instrument 5 version.
Having Insert Fx on the right side of the TCP (like Realogix) would also be great!
nikki5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:55 AM   #7
Kusakanaka

The question on the HiDPI version is still open.
And I am still ready to accept your suggestions for your individual preferences in Instrument 5
Old 12-28-2020, 02:03 AM   #8
Pink Wool

Hey Kusakanaka!

Nice to see you in the forums!
As you know, I'm a big fan of your work! I've been using Instrument themes since I first heard of them!

What I didn't like in Instrument 4 and 5, is that you got rid of the flat AND coloured mixer sliders. I also disliked the white lines on the transport bar. But those are personal preferences so I hope I'm not offending you! I've been using Instrument 3 so far.

What I'd love to see you tackle on your themes, is something similar to what @FeedTheCat has done with Realogix and Mammoth themes with the TCP FX list. After the FX list feature was introduced, I've been using it heavily and now it's part of my workflow.
The problem I run into with Instrument 3 is that when scrolling down the TCP with mouse to see all the tracks, I accidentally often scroll the FX list. With the TCP FX list being on the right side of the TCP in Realogix and Mammoth themes, this doesn't happen. The Realogix and Mammoth themes also integrate the theme adjuster perfectly so that would be awesome to see happen with Instrument too!

I love the clean look of the Instrument themes and would love to support you on a new "Instrument 6", if it's something you'd be up to!
So here's what I would love to see in a "Instrument 6":

- Loved the darker look on the Instrument 4 so that would be a good colour scheme. The orange (or red) meters, when recording is enabled, was the only thing colour wise I didn't like on any of the Instrument themes. It feels too "funky" to me. On 3 it's less contrasty because it's a lighter theme but on 4 and 5, it pops too much to my eyes.
- Instrument 4 (and 3) had the missing corner in the FX button. Loved that! Those design choices are what made me try them in the first place!
- Flat AND coloured volume sliders in MCP
- TCP FX list on the right side of the TCP like on Realogix and Mammoth themes
- Integrated theme adjuster. Is it Instrument 5 that had the TCP track name expanding? That was awesome! With the theme adjuster, that would be up to users to decide.
- Media explorer has been given a new life with the recent updates. I think it has more themable parts now so you might want to have a look at what you could do with it.
- Anything else you can come up with! Your themes are AWESOME!

So, I'm not sure if your interested in the workload but just needed to share this with you! So good to have you on the forums!

Thanks!

PW

Last edited by Pink Wool; 12-28-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #9
permeke

same here, happy to pay for a 4K version ( and some personal touches )
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote