Old 11-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default question about track fx panel display

i have a setup that employs a track with a bunch of plugins on it. these plugins are, basically, multiple chains stacked one on the next. when i float the fx window, is there a way to put a spacer into the display in between fx so i can separate the chains? it would make it a lot easier to differentiate when there are multiple instances of plugins like reaeq or reacomp. would be even better if i could put descriptor text into the spacer. that would make it really easy to see which group of fx is doing what.

thanks,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
ashcat_lt

Are you familiar with renaming FX instances? To start with, giving the individual plugs descriptive aliases helps a lot with seeing which is doing what. Then, though, you can use about any plugin as your “spacer” and rename it as you see fit. If you really wanted to, you could create a new JS plugin that does nothing and use that, but any other low CPU plug will work.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
babag

thanks, ashcat. thought there might already be something like this included. after i posted, i thought of what you suggest and tried playing around with it. wasn't sure about resource consumption so i went the route of trying to make an empty js effect and renaming. seems to work. do you know if the resource consumption is actually zero for several instances of an empty jsfx like this?

thanks again,
babag
Old 11-21-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
ashcat_lt

I can’t say for sure, what does it say at the bottom of the FX chain? I guess that only shows 1 decimal place of accuracy. Maybe dump a bunch on and see if it ever goes up to 0.1?
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
babag

or maybe don't worry about it until something bad happens, which will probably be never. just curious mainly.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #6
Philbo King

If you uncheck the connector pins so the spacer plugin has no active inputs or outputs it should reduce the CPU load significantly.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
babag

hey, thanks, philbo king. didn't think of that. will do.

thanks again,
babag