Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #201
jellotree
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
For the occasional purchase or reg, it takes only a minute or two to install/uninstall,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
My system is running really well with everything exactly as it is now and I really don't want to mess with bios, hardware drivers, services AND software just to enable ONE program access to the web. It's not worth the hassle to be honest.
And with Custom Shop, you are not just on for one or two minutes to purchase. You are connected for up to 48 hours while you demo each product. So no proper recording for that time while your wifi kicks in constantly and craps out your recording.

One good thing about the current Custom Shop, is that it keeps me (as an offline Daw user) from making stupid impulse purchases.
jellotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #202
Sigilus

cool, checking out amplitube3.

custom shop smushtom shop
Sigilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #203
chip mcdonald

Obik, are you Brian Bane? Here is how I'm told one uses "Jam Points" redeemed for a code on IK's webpage:

Quote:
The "Serial Number" field you were entering your JamPoints coupon in is for redeeming Gear Credit packs purchased outside of the Custom Shop. This is a serial number for a pre-purchased Credit Pack, not a coupon.

Your JamPoints coupon needs to be entered in the "Promo Code" field at the bottom of the Billing and Shipping Information page in the Custom Shop, once you have selected the Gear Credit pack you want to purchase.

Did you click the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button? The Promo Code field is right above it, in the last field below your billing information.
I never saw *another* promo code field - but then, the first time I used the code it was on the first page, and I didn't think I should look on a page that has my billing information on it to enter a code for a "credit".
Either very counter intuitive, or a bit, ermm.... "finance guy at the car dealership"-ish.

So now I see on my IK user page I can use 3 of 5 "Jam Points", despite having purchased $20 in credits? So, even at the remaining 15 "credits" I have after buying the cabinet, I can't use the full 5 points to give me 20 credits??? That's neither 50% of the purchase or a 1:1 value - which effectively means I either have to spend the remaining $15 worth in increments - since nothing is $3, I would have to therefore spend yet ANOTHER $20, and then I'd have a total of $25 points? No?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #204
corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
Ah, but there's more than just services and software. There's all the hardware disabling and bios settings too. My system is running really well with everything exactly as it is now and I really don't want to mess with bios, hardware drivers, services AND software just to enable ONE program access to the web. It's not worth the hassle to be honest.

As far as viruses coming from other sources is concerned, that's really a non issue here. Everything that is loaded onto my studio rig either comes from downloads done on my fully protected laptop or, if it is external media from an outside source, gets checked on my laptop first. Q.E.D.
Anti-Virus software is by nature, late to the party, since an infection
must first be detected somewhere, the source isolated, the code studied and defeated, then the solution distributed, and then implemented by the victims. It takes 5 seconds to turn off avast, and maybe 30 more for the ham-fisted to flip the switch on spybot, as if an 8+ ghz machine would even notice. (My sad dinosaur is much slower than that, I never even knew it was
running, til I noticed the odd named service running, and looked it up.)
Cheers
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #205
corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotree View Post
And with Custom Shop, you are not just on for one or two minutes to purchase. You are connected for up to 48 hours while you demo each product. So no proper recording for that time while your wifi kicks in constantly and craps out your recording.

One good thing about the current Custom Shop, is that it keeps me (as an offline Daw user) from making stupid impulse purchases.
If it takes someone more than ten or twenty minutes minutes to demo stupid
impulse merchandise, that has only 3 to 10 knobs, you might as well save your impulse purchases for hardware. Do you really count on software demos, to do 'proper recording'?
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #206
ObiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
Obik, are you Brian Bane? Here is how I'm told one uses "Jam Points" redeemed for a code on IK's webpage:

I never saw *another* promo code field - but then, the first time I used the code it was on the first page, and I didn't think I should look on a page that has my billing information on it to enter a code for a "credit".
Either very counter intuitive, or a bit, ermm.... "finance guy at the car dealership"-ish.

So now I see on my IK user page I can use 3 of 5 "Jam Points", despite having purchased $20 in credits? So, even at the remaining 15 "credits" I have after buying the cabinet, I can't use the full 5 points to give me 20 credits??? That's neither 50% of the purchase or a 1:1 value - which effectively means I either have to spend the remaining $15 worth in increments - since nothing is $3, I would have to therefore spend yet ANOTHER $20, and then I'd have a total of $25 points? No?
No I'm not Brian Bane. This is me: http://twitter.com/IKobiwonder

Did you fill out a support ticket? I want to get this squared away with some one on one help but I need you to fill out a support ticket so we can help you.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #207
chrisharbin

I believe it was and was moved.
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #208
G-Sun

Quote:

This is what happened to me as well. Although I tried to read the help-text for the JamPoints closly.
See: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/vi...php?f=5&t=1079
I've had a very hard time getting the support to get this fixed -not sure if they will yet.
Quote:
Just what I think as well. Certainly gives the word "free" a different flavor in the first place.

Last edited by G-Sun; 04-30-2011 at 05:54 AM.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #209
chip mcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
Did you fill out a support ticket? I want to get this squared away with some one on one help but I need you to fill out a support ticket so we can help you.
Thanks, but I already tried to do that before with PhilharmonikCE. I've already jumped through enough hoops just to make a $5 purchase turn into a $20 purchase - particularly after having to read a bunch of bureaucratic instructions just to figure out how to make my initial $28 purchase. Buying something shouldn't be like a day at the DMV.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #210
ObiK

Quote:
Thanks, but I already tried to do that before with PhilharmonikCE. I've already jumped through enough hoops just to make a $5 purchase turn into a $20 purchase - particularly after having to read a bunch of bureaucratic instructions just to figure out how to make my initial $28 purchase. Buying something shouldn't be like a day at the DMV.
Well the help is available whenever you need it. Sorry for your frustration.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #211
Maseratialfa

I read over at Gearslutz that you guys might be wotking on a HIWATT.....excellent if true.
Maseratialfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #212
ObiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseratialfa View Post
I read over at Gearslutz that you guys might be wotking on a HIWATT.....excellent if true.
Excellence is what we strive for...
Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #213
Clown

Old thread, but have a couple of questions to bump with. I read about 80 posts before I figured it's just best to ask.

First, I'm unclear about the package offerings for AT3. I have the free demo and have seen the Custom Shop, and understand the buying credits system for that, but is there a package to purchase everything complete? $20 for virtual amp heads isn't for me, that would add up pretty quickly even if it were. On the IK website it appears like the full version has a lot of gear, but there's still a ton more models you would need to purchase? Is that correct? If so, is there so data sheet somewhere that would allow me to see the full count of what gear is included versus what must be purchased as an add-on?

Second, has there been any change regarding AT3 use for PCs not connected to the internet? This is okay when just messing around on my laptop, but my main machine isn't used online.

Thanks
Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #214
jellotree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
Old thread, but have a couple of questions to bump with. I read about 80 posts before I figured it's just best to ask.

First, I'm unclear about the package offerings for AT3. I have the free demo and have seen the Custom Shop, and understand the buying credits system for that, but is there a package to purchase everything complete? $20 for virtual amp heads isn't for me, that would add up pretty quickly even if it were. On the IK website it appears like the full version has a lot of gear, but there's still a ton more models you would need to purchase? Is that correct? If so, is there so data sheet somewhere that would allow me to see the full count of what gear is included versus what must be purchased as an add-on?

Second, has there been any change regarding AT3 use for PCs not connected to the internet? This is okay when just messing around on my laptop, but my main machine isn't used online.

Thanks
Q1 - This link will show you what is in Amplitube 3.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube/interface/

Clicking the 'interface' link in all the guitar packages will show you what is in each package deal (Metal Fender etc...).

Everything listed here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/gear/ with a "NEW" logo beside it, is not included in any bundle and must be purchased separately.

Q2 -I don't think so.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #215
Clown

Thanks, appreciate it. Kind of a downer on both counts.
Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #216
icemac

still getting better results from pod farm.
maybe amps in the store are better,
I'll never know.. (offline daw)
icemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #217
chrisharbin

They have no way to do the custom shop thing without it being an internet thing that I can think of. To use the custom shop, IK has to know you have an account so that it knows if you have used the 2 day demo, or bought it or have previous versions.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #218
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemac View Post
still getting better results from pod farm.
maybe amps in the store are better,
I'll never know.. (offline daw)
Maybe, and I've spent more money than I thought I would on the extras. But one "revelation" I've had recently is that there are just TOO MANY lol!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #219
James HE

I skimmed through the thread here so i dunno if anyone has brought up something similar...

When I ran out of SampleTank Authorizations I was able to just simply request new ones. This is for the lite version that came with a $30 sample set I purchased. I don't know if that's still the way it works. BUt just putting that out there that the 5 authorizations are not the end of the world. As long as you contact them, they likely will give you more authoirizations - as long as you are legit.

I really really like the interface. I am however, extremely partial to Revalver amp sounds. But I think I like the cabinets and mic models in this better, just not the amps (so far at least)
James HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #220
robot2099

Can someone please walk me through the process of how to run Amplitube as a plug-in? I've been trying to figure this out for the last week or so, I've read several threads about plug-ins, etc. but all my efforts have been an epic failure. Clearly I am doing something wrong. Can someone throw this poor newbie a bone? Thanks...
robot2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #221
jellotree

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot2099 View Post
Can someone please walk me through the process of how to run Amplitube as a plug-in? I've been trying to figure this out for the last week or so, I've read several threads about plug-ins, etc. but all my efforts have been an epic failure. Clearly I am doing something wrong. Can someone throw this poor newbie a bone? Thanks...
After you install Amplitube (or any new plugin), you have to ReScan the VST folder it went into. Click Options and look for VST page

Quote:
Originally Posted by James HE View Post
I really really like the interface. I am however, extremely partial to Revalver amp sounds. But I think I like the cabinets and mic models in this better, just not the amps (so far at least)
The Amplitube amps LOOK the best out of all the amp sims...
Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #222
robot2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotree View Post
After you install Amplitube (or any new plugin), you have to ReScan the VST folder it went into. Click Options and look for VST page

The Amplitube amps LOOK the best out of all the amp sims...

Thanks for your help jellotree, I was able to get amplitube working last night.
robot2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #223
chrisharbin

there are some new "ala'carte" toys in the custom shop. Will be demoing the two seymour duncan pedals and the "tiny terror" cab in a few
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #224
jellotree

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot2099 View Post
Thanks for your help jellotree, I was able to get amplitube working last night.
Yes! Now go make some noise!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #225
jbloggs

Default Amplitube 3 Free and Amplitube with Fender Mustang amp

OK I have the version of Amplitube provided with my Fender Mustang 1 installed on my laptop.

Last night dloaded and installed Amplitube 3 FREE onto my Desktop.

From preceeding posts in this thread, am I correct that I can login to IKMultimedia site and get the Fender provided version of Amplitube amps/cabs/pedals to install into the 3 FREE version?

Can I have BOTH versions installed on the same PC?

I'm new to this stuff, but not to PCs, though I run LINUX and Windows 7 is only necessary for a few proprietory prgs such as Fender Fuse and Amplitube.

One day ALL programs will be crossplatform I hope.

PS is reaper free or commercial as in $$$--- got it $60
jbloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #226
chrisharbin

Not really following for sure but AT3 include a few amps/cabs/etc in the free version (I don't remember which ones) Then, you can try the paid ones for 48 hours and then buy credits if you see fit.

Again, I can't remember which models are included for free.

Reaper is unprincipled in the demo. Unless you are a commercial studio or are going to make more than 20k usd with it you can do the 60 bucks license.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #227
G-Sun

You can use all IK amps and stuff inside Amplitube 3 I belive
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #228
chrisharbin

For 48 hours yes. The custom shop is on a timer from the moment you ask for the trial of a specific product.

I was lucky to beta the original AT3 but I've gotten a ton of CS stuff too. Sadly, they haven't added anything in a while. (and I won't use 3.7.1 on principle when they do)

Why do you ask (lol!)? Because currently 3.7 gives ZERO latency and 3.7.1 adds a couple samples latency. Big deal? No. But it's a principle thing.