Old 07-14-2022, 04:25 PM   #41
RJHollins
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hi RJHollins I didn't understand exactly. Could you explain it in Render LUFS thread? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219464
ah yes ... sorry ... will do.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #42
kovvover

Hello. Images are not loading in this plugin and Notes Reader. I made all the recommendations. help me please. Operating system mac os majava
kovvover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:15 AM   #43
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovvover View Post
Hello. Images are not loading in this plugin and Notes Reader. I made all the recommendations. help me please. Operating system mac os majava
It has to work. Check post #32 here
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:55 AM   #44
sonnycosta

Hello,

I just discovered this script and I am in love! I know it was previously mentioned, though we NEED that audio preview feature! When rendering a project to outfile.wav.RPP, it should automatically detect it based off the project like the Realauncher script does. The thing is realauncher does not let you skip through the preview, though if yours could, that would make this script a game changer. Right now I'm using the browser with your script, though having it in one place would be nice.

Last edited by sonnycosta; 09-05-2022 at 04:29 AM. Reason: said plugin instead of script
sonnycosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #45
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnycosta View Post
Hello,

I just discovered this script and I am in love! I know it was previously mentioned, though we NEED that audio preview feature! When rendering a project to outfile.wav.RPP, it should automatically detect it based off the project like the Realauncher script does. The thing is realauncher does not let you skip through the preview, though if yours could, that would make this script a game changer. Right now I'm using the browser with your script, though having it in one place would be nice.
thank you for letting me know there is more interest in audio previews so I can prioritize any updates.
I don't know how Realauncher does it.. I guess it is using the SWS functions as I do too in the Track Templates audio previews script. But this has limited features and can only start playing and stop. It cannot seek to a position or know the length of the audio etc... I'll have to investigate if there is another way to do it.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:57 AM   #46
UknownSource

Quote:
thank you for letting me know there is more interest in audio previews so I can prioritize any updates.
I don't know how Realauncher does it.. I guess it is using the SWS functions as I do too in the Track Templates audio previews script. But this has limited features and can only start playing and stop. It cannot seek to a position or know the length of the audio etc... I'll have to investigate if there is another way to do it.
audio previews will be nice
this is very good and useful script
Old 12-09-2022, 09:27 PM   #47
Labete

Quote:
Ok. Try this. Go to Security & Privacy and Privacy tab in the mac system preferences. And in Files and Folders you may have to enable permission for REAPER to access files and folders , and maybe also to Terminal, because imagemagick is run as a command in the terminal. Maybe that way it will be able to generate the thumbnail images. Let me know if it works.
hello,
it doesn't work for me, on macos Big sur M1....imagemagick work fine, i tried all kind of installations, i finaly switch back to the homebrew install, imagemagick is working...Also i set the script to the global startup, and there is a bug which reduce the window at each launch...

The set image fonction, is working in your track template script and in the track inspector note tab...only project don't work

Last edited by Labete; 12-11-2022 at 11:39 AM.
Labete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:03 AM   #48
heda

Default v1.1.0 (2023-06-02)

New update released today:

Option to quickly change the project reference to another project in the same directory, or to set it to the latest version found.
REAPER project versions are designed as a "_" followed by suffix number. That's how the REAPER save as new version command works. I still don't like it, and I prefer that the latest version of the project is only the name without any number suffix. But the option is there to use it.

Also, fixed some small bugs, and I was having trouble making it work to set images in a new linux installation which uses Debian, not Arch or Manjaro. so I added a new variable to be able to set the image resizer command binary, and instead of using magick, I cna set it to "convert" and it works. Also, maybe you need to enter the full path to the magick or convert binaries.

* v1.1.0 (2023-06-02)
+ Set to Another Project in Directory...: Show other RPP files in the project's directory and choose which one to use.
+ Set to Latest Version
+ Save as New Version
# bug fix save as
+ Setting: Toolbar: Show Close button
+ Setting: Theme: text separation
# fix toolbar wrap. Thanks @Skorobagatko
+ "imageresizecommand" variable in settings file for entering full path of image resizer command
Old 06-23-2023, 09:34 AM   #49
heda

Default v2.0.1 (2023-06-23)

Big update. Now it has Audio previews and Import folders and various display modes: Grid, Cards, List
I hope it works. If there is any issue, let me know.

* v2.0.1 (2023-06-23)
+ User Guide PDF
# small bug fixes

* v2.0.0 (2023-06-22)
+ Audio Preview projects (supports RPP-PROX and manual audio file override per project)
+ Recent filter (Show only projects that are in the REAPER's recent list)
+ Import Folder (all RPP projects inside the folder)
+ Import SubFolders (Imports one RPP project from each subfolder in the selected folder)
+ Close button. Close current opened project
+ Metadata Image file support TAG ID3:APIC_FILE
+ Cards mode view. 1 project per row mode with optional RPP metadata display.
+ List mode view. 1 project per row mode.
+ Setting: Read Title and Author from RPP. Displayed in Cards mode.
+ Setting: Read Project Notes from RPP. Displayed in Cards mode.
+ Setting: UI Toolbar: show list view toggle button
+ Setting: UI Misc: show .RPP extension
# UI improvements, fonts, wrap...
# save and remember enabled tag filters
# trying to open a project that is not found, opens a dialog to replace project's path with a new path
# fix: search and replace paths in database also replaces paths for images
# keep focus for typing search when clicking buttons
# resized thumbnails generation improvements
# performance optimizations, bug fixes in UI, retina fix
Old 06-23-2023, 02:27 PM   #50
Reflected

Quote:
Big update. Now it has Audio previews and Import folders and various display modes: Grid, Cards, List
I hope it works. If there is any issue, let me know.

* v2.0.1 (2023-06-23)
+ User Guide PDF
# small bug fixes

* v2.0.0 (2023-06-22)
+ Audio Preview projects (supports RPP-PROX and manual audio file override per project)
+ Recent filter (Show only projects that are in the REAPER's recent list)
+ Import Folder (all RPP projects inside the folder)
+ Import SubFolders (Imports one RPP project from each subfolder in the selected folder)
+ Close button. Close current opened project
+ Metadata Image file support TAG ID3:APIC_FILE
+ Cards mode view. 1 project per row mode with optional RPP metadata display.
+ List mode view. 1 project per row mode.
+ Setting: Read Title and Author from RPP. Displayed in Cards mode.
+ Setting: Read Project Notes from RPP. Displayed in Cards mode.
+ Setting: UI Toolbar: show list view toggle button
+ Setting: UI Misc: show .RPP extension
# UI improvements, fonts, wrap...
# save and remember enabled tag filters
# trying to open a project that is not found, opens a dialog to replace project's path with a new path
# fix: search and replace paths in database also replaces paths for images
# keep focus for typing search when clicking buttons
# resized thumbnails generation improvements
# performance optimizations, bug fixes in UI, retina fix

thanks for this!
excited to see the new features.

thank you so much for the list view! (maybe you can add this feature to track templates too) super useful.

it appears that audio previews are opening a Reaper project and playing the demo within the project? Shouldn't it work more like track templates?

* i like it that it that we have a player at the bottom, but I believe it might not be the most efficient method if it requires opening a project for playback.

thanks for this great update heda!
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:15 AM   #51
heda

yes indeed I want to add list mode to Track Templates too but I may rewrite the entire thing to be better.

The player should be very efficient. It opens instantly and inserts the wav or RPPPROX files as needed. When you stop, it closes the project. If you have the Projects script window maximized, you don't even notice that it opens a new project. I do it this way because The player is not only playing, but also getting the markers, of the project, and displaying a progress bar as it plays, that is clickable so you can seek, not just play from the beginning.
Another nice thing is that if you play various projects, it adds the media files in separated tracks, and then you can go a compare different projects quickly soloing the track you want
Thank you for the feedback
Old 06-24-2023, 04:31 AM   #52
Reflected

Quote:
I do it this way because The player is not only playing, but also getting the markers, of the project, and displaying a progress bar as it plays, that is clickable so you can seek, not just play from the beginning.
Another nice thing is that if you play various projects, it adds the media files in separated tracks, and then you can go a compare different projects quickly soloing the track you want
Thank you for the feedback
I like the idea behind it. but i still like the simple play button that doesn't open anything. is it possible to make it optional?
Old 06-24-2023, 05:46 AM   #53
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
I like the idea behind it. but i still like the simple play button that doesn't open anything. is it possible to make it optional?
yes I can make it optional. Also to be able to seek, maybe an option to use an external player like vlc or something.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:39 AM   #54
thommazk

Is the 2.0 update already available? I'm only seeing v1.1.1
thommazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 12:15 PM   #55
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommazk View Post
Is the 2.0 update already available? I'm only seeing v1.1.1
Yes it is available for VIP supporters for now. I am improving some things with the feedback I am receiving and Projects VIP 2.0 is the one to test until I get some of the new features and bugs sorted out.

for 2.0 I'm still planning to add custom name, sort by modified date, play audio in external player, alternative paths support, and performance updates
Old 06-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #56
Reflected

Quote:
yes I can make it optional. Also to be able to seek, maybe an option to use an external player like vlc or something.
love both!
Old 07-18-2023, 12:25 PM   #57
heda

Default v2.1.0 (2023-07-18)

New version is ready

thanks for the feedback to improve the script.

v2.1.0 (2023-07-18)
+ Custom project titles
+ Use External player setting (like vlc for example)
+ Use SWS player setting (internal SWS function, doesn't provide seek, only play and stop)
+ New Sort mode: by Opened Date (dates are updated only when the projects are opened from the script)
+ New Sort mode: by Modified Date (experimental, can be slow)
+ Press CTRL key while opening a project to open in new tab
# Better scrolling
# Performance improvements
# updated user guide PDF
+ welcome screen new installations, check for imagemagick message.
# bug fixes
Old 07-24-2023, 01:30 PM   #58
heda

Default v2.1.2 (2023-07-24)

use CTRL key to select multiple projects. then the changes of: released, deadline, rating, tag, open in new tab, open as template
affect all selected projects.
it doesn't open multiple selected projects yet
I'll do RPL files support first and then I can do multiple selected projects open.

* v2.1.2 (2023-07-24)
+ Multiple selection support: released, deadline, rating, tag, open in new tab, open as template
# fix: show close project button on other opened projects too. not only active project.
# improvements redrawing window
Old 08-01-2023, 04:25 AM   #59
bamsehopp

Wow this is such a great script! Beats me why not more creative software have systems like this in place.

Is it possible to set a folder for it to scan for new projects every time the script is opened? That would make it really useful for me!

One more thing that would make this a total gamechanger would be to have all .RPP files located in the same folders listed as versions inside the projects in the script. And if you could add commmentary to those that would solve most of my issues with versions as of now.

Still without this its a great script and I'll be donating for the VIP version!
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:21 PM   #60
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsehopp View Post
Wow this is such a great script! Beats me why not more creative software have systems like this in place.

Is it possible to set a folder for it to scan for new projects every time the script is opened? That would make it really useful for me!

One more thing that would make this a total gamechanger would be to have all .RPP files located in the same folders listed as versions inside the projects in the script. And if you could add commmentary to those that would solve most of my issues with versions as of now.

Still without this its a great script and I'll be donating for the VIP version!
heh thank you very much
v2 includes a way to switch between different RPP versions of the project found in the folder. But I need to think a way to access those versions better, like a small button below the title or something.
You cna scan all RPP projects in a folder and subfolders but manually, it doesn't auto update, but it would be a good option to add. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2023, 03:49 AM   #61
heda

Default v2.2.3 (2023-09-04)

added options page for catalog. access right clicking the catalog button or in the menu if you have only one catalog and no buttons are shown.
You can customize the header with an image and text and the background color and image.

* v2.2.3 (2023-09-04)
+ Options page for catalog (Right click the catalog button)
+ Improved edit boxes, browse for file, drag to select, double click to select all, home end keys
+ Settings: Background also for titles
+ Settings: Color Project Background (color for projects without image)
+ Settings: Project Background Opacity (for projects without image)
# updated pdf guide
# fix yellow color in list view for opened projects
+ Settings: scrollbar width size
Old 10-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #62
sonnycosta

Just returned this post after many months to see that it has been updated to add the requested features! Thank you so much!
sonnycosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:45 AM   #63
pdkmsk

Can I use this from onedrives folder? I want to sync projects across pcs. I cannot find a way to change the default path of the script.
pdkmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:00 AM   #64
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdkmsk View Post
Can I use this from onedrives folder? I want to sync projects across pcs. I cannot find a way to change the default path of the script.
I think I can add the option to set a specific folder for all the settings. Meanwhile you can just move the Projects settings folder into the onedrive, and create a symbolic link to it as the "HeDascripts\Projects settings". So now the folder points to the onedrive folder. This would work I guess.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:23 PM   #65
pdkmsk

Thanks for the quick reply!
pdkmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM   #66
jeeruff

Default Could not create image cache for: [project name]

after brew installed imagemagick still cant use projects with images, it keeps outputing this in the console:
Could not create image cache for: 20240110

tested image magick in the terminal, seems to work with magick logo: logo.gif identify logo.gif
x11 is not installed

ventura 13.6
reaper 7.08
jeeruff is offline   Reply With Quote