Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
ibanguitar
Human being with feelings

Default Using Reaper Live

My band is currently using reaper live for backing tracks. I am trying to set it up so our drummer can do everything with a midi pedal. I found I could load all the projects (songs) for each setlist at one time. However, the project tabs are so small its nearly impossible to read them from any distance. Is there a way to increase the font on the project tabs? or at a minimum increase the font of a track title/name so our drummer could see what project or song is currently selected.
Also is there any way to load all the projects of one of our setlists at one time? Currently he has to open each one individually. It would be nice if there was a way to open all the projects at once.

Thanks
ibanguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
Andy Hamm

How many channels are you sending to FOH?
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
ibanguitar

9 channels to foh mixer. Midi click track buss to drummer from soundcard. Only 3 come from reaper and soundcard. Midi click and stereo backing

Last edited by ibanguitar; 08-22-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:09 AM   #4
ambiguation

There're options to assign keyboard actions (or MIDI notes) to "Previous Project Tab" and "Next Project Tab" in the Actions menu. I just tried it with ctrl+[ for Previous and ctrl+] for Next.

If you have the SWS extensions installed, you can have a Notes window open and set the track title in there. Right click somewhere and you can make the font larger, change colours, whatnot.

I just tried this and having two tracks open and making sure the app focus was *not* on the Notes window, I was able to switch between the two projects.

Hope this helps!
ambiguation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
themixtape

Definitely, project tabs assigned to MIDI notes, in the Actions menu. If the text is too small (and yes, it is)... he needs to have the laptop a little closer to him, that's all. It can be done with a small stand behind him or near his floor tom.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
ibanguitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguation View Post
There're options to assign keyboard actions (or MIDI notes) to "Previous Project Tab" and "Next Project Tab" in the Actions menu. I just tried it with ctrl+[ for Previous and ctrl+] for Next.

If you have the SWS extensions installed, you can have a Notes window open and set the track title in there. Right click somewhere and you can make the font larger, change colours, whatnot.

I just tried this and having two tracks open and making sure the app focus was *not* on the Notes window, I was able to switch between the two projects.

Hope this helps!
This is great. Those SWS extensions work perfectly for everything I needed to do. All my drummer has to do is open reaper and all the projects open and he can select each project with the midi pedal. Also the song name font is huge using the notes from SWS. thanks so much