Old 07-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
martichora
Human being with feelings

Default iMac Crashing

This seems to be happening when I'm working with Reaper on my 2011 iMac (High Sierra). I usually save a new version of a project onto my iMac from a Reaper project recorded via a Portable Install on my MacBook Pro with a Focustrite Scarlett 6i6 3rd Gen audio interface. However my iMac is connected to a 2nd Gen 6i6.
I've been working with Focusrite on Uninstalling/Reinstalling Scarlett MixControl but they said I should also touch base with Cockos RE: the Reaper factor.
Basically my screen goes black (but computer still running so I'm thinking it's possibly a graphics issue?) then iMac will often restart or screen will just go to random colors (blue, orange, stripes) when I manually restart but before I can login again.
Am I going about working on one Reaper project between two Macs (and generations of interfaces) the wrong way? Like I said, I just open the Portable project and click "Save As" with a new destination on the iMac.
Any tips on how to remedy this?
Do I need to Uninstall/Reinstall Reaper?
Could it just be the newest version of Reaper?
Seems to work OK once I successfully uninstall MixControl but problem eventually comes back after working in Reaper for awhile on these particular projects.....
Thanks
martichora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
bigtop
Human being with feelings

Pls see answer in newbieland where you’ve already posted this thread