Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
gabriel-schuck
Human being with feelings

Default Problems with larje presets in rpl files

Hello guys!
All right?
I’m new at the Forum.
I don't know if this would be the place to post my question here, but if the moderators want to, they can move the topic to the most appropriate place.

I am visually impaired here in Brazil and use Reaper with accessibility complements such as Osara and SWS. For me, the best DAW I’ve ever used!

I am posting this message to report a problem regarding preset files (RPL).
It has been an efficient way to use non-accessible plugin presets; not only do I, but many other blind Reaper users do.
We exchange in the interface asking for the help of a Seeing person, or through tricks, we create the list of presets that is the same as the plugin, but that we can later change quite easily.

What I’ve been observing is that there is a certain limitation in the amount of presets that Reaper shows from an RPL file.
I needed to create presets for an expansion of a plugin that has about 939 instruments. However, when I go to view, only 509 appear.
The rpl file was monstrous, but when opening in a pure text editor, I can see that apparently all presets are there.
To solve this problem, do I need to split this large file into smaller files or would Reaper have any possibility to show at least 1000 presets in a next version?
I ask because I don’t know if anyone has ever been through it, of needing to create a gigantic list of presets as is my case.
But as I said, it is one of the best ways to access the preset exchange of a plugin.
If anyone can tell me anything about this, I’d appreciate it!
I apologize for my poor English.
Regards,
Gabriel
gabriel-schuck is offline   Reply With Quote