Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 12-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #1
rothchild
Human being with feelings

Default How do I fix a tcp track height in WALTER?

I know I can lock tracks in projects etc, but I have a tcp layout that I never need to zoom horizontally on, is there a way to fix its height permenantly in WALTER?
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
I know I can lock tracks in projects etc, but I have a tcp layout that I never need to zoom horizontally on, is there a way to fix its height permenantly in WALTER?
As far as I know there is no method of locking a TCP track height in the rtconfig.txt file. But I could be wrong and I wouldn't know where to look to be honest.

What I do for my "divider" tracks is I lock them within REAPER itself.

You can still drag the track height in the normal way, but if you use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom in vertically locking the track height prevents that.

You lock a track in REAPER by right clicking on the track you want to lock and select "Lock track height" on the menu.

Or you can select a track (or number of tracks) and from the menu select Track > Lock track height.

Forgive me if you already knew that.

cheers

andy
Old 12-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
rothchild

Thanks Andy,

Do I need to do that for each track I want to lock each time I insert it?

Basically, I've worked up some TCP layouts that never need to expand beyond minimum hight (VCAs) and some that only ever need to expand to a certain hight (Auxs)and I'd like to fix those hights in my theme file (or anywhere else that would do it - eg if there was a filter for it in SWS Auto Colour / Layout I could work with that)

Cheers!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
synkrotron

No probs, it's nice to be able to help for a change... It's usually me asking all the questions haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Do I need to do that for each track I want to lock each time I insert it?
I create a few track templates and insert them as needed. So for a locked track, providing it was locked when I made a track template out of it then when a new track is created using that template it will be locked also.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
rothchild

Nice one, I couldn't bring myself to believe it would be that easy!

Get's me half of what I want, as some layouts don't need to expand at all so I can lock those ones.

Would be great if there was a way of setting a maximum height too though, as I have a couple of layouts that I want to be able to expand, but only to a certain point and then have them stop.