Old 06-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Make reaper show reminder before app shuitdown, possible?

Would it be possible to make an add-on to Reaper which shows a dialog to the user before closing the application? Or perhaps before saving, if the former isn't possible?

I'm currently suffering from the Spectrasonics blank preset bug, and their support isn't helping much about it. The workaround is to save the entire instrument setup as a multi, before you exit the program. But I keep forgetting to do that and it costs me hours sometimes to restore. This, along with some other peculiarities with older plugs that I just refuse to stop using.

It would be a great help to have something remind me to 'save this' or 'Did you remember to do this?' before the application shuts down after I select quit or press the upper right cross.

I imagine other people could also utilize such a feature in other different ways.

Would this be possible to make, in some way?

thx
/C
Old 06-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings

Maybe you could whip up a custom action that saves your project, and then immediately does something harmless that causes the project to be marked as unsaved (e.g. insert new track, remove tracks -- there must be a safer/better way, but that might work).

Then you can map ctrl-S to that custom action, and every time you save the project it's never marked as truly saved. When you try to quit, you'll get the "save your project warning". As long as you don't just click "save", you can use it as your reminder.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote