Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 AM   #801
MusoBob
Human being with feelings

Does Alt+124 do it ?

EDIT:" | or ; will wrap the text to a new line,"
i.e. "Multi|line;text"

there's also extended ascii 179 │ but that won't save in the txt.

Last edited by MusoBob; 04-10-2019 at 04:33 AM.
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 AM   #802
Lokasenna

You can also use ;
Old 04-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #803
o_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
You can also use ;
Thanks a lot for your answers!

In the meantime I found out how to edit the user.txt file..
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #804
TonE

I would like to use the radial menu, without any mouse, using only qwerty keys, possible? If not yet, maybe in future then?

Example: Holding r with my left hand on homerow opens radial menu, then I will design my radial menus in such a way, I have at max or exactly 8 menu points each time, thus I can immediately select the right one with my right hand, the upper half, using u i o p, the lower half using m , . - (German layout). Basically the four upper keys above jklö and four lower keys below jklö. Thus you can a quite powerful homerow attack vectors for triggering actions available in the radial menus.

If holding r opens RadialMenu1, there is no reason why t should not open RadialMenu2, in case the first menu is not big enough, the concept could stay same for right hand, left hand selecting which menu, right hand continuing from there. In its most craziest form, you could design 12 radial menus for left hand, then using 8 options for each on right hand.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #805
Lokasenna

You should already be able to do that. Radial has assignable shortcut keys for the menu buttons (you can also change the keys for different menu sizes), and you can export actions to open Radial with a different "home" menu number from the same settings file.

I think. It's been a while, so I can't always remember which features are in my development version and which are released.

Last edited by Lokasenna; 04-10-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #806
TonE

Thanks for the superquick response, will try it at some point, just wanted to throw out the idea, before forgetting.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #807
MusoBob

Just not sure how to get it ike this :

Old 04-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #808
MusoBob

All working now, thanks again for the great GUIs !

Old 04-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #809
MusoBob

Added some extras.
I just added the Label, Buttons and Radio under
Code:
GUI.elms = not setup and {
and increase the gui size
Code:
-- Window parameters
if not setup then

GUI.name = GUI.name or "ReaTrak Circle of Fifths"

GUI.w, GUI.h = frm_w + 135 , frm_w + 110 --16
Old 04-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #810
Lokasenna

Pretty sexy.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:33 AM   #811
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
So I got the impression that you folks found Radial Menu pretty exciting. Prepare to need a new pair of underwear.

We've got custom colors. We've got adjustable everything. We've got context sensitive menus. We've got a pile of different action modes. We've got a sexy new setup script for getting it all, er, set up.

Oh, and this:

Yeah. That thing that Dora tells the fox not to do.

Presenting...
Radial Menu 2

This time it's personal. Ized. Personalized. This time it's per.... You get the idea.

Getting Started:

Not everyone likes as much text as I do. If that's you, here! Have a video!

Features:
  • Provides a pop-up "quick menu", similar to how most FPS games handle weapon selection these days.
  • Pretty much any Reaper action, custom action, or script can be assigned to a menu button.
  • Create as many menus, submenus, and buttons as you want. Well, 16 buttons per menu, but only a weirdo needs more than that.
  • Buttons for toggle actions (Options: Toggle metronome, etc) will light up appropriately if their action is toggled On.
  • Context sensitive; open a different set of menus when the mouse cursor is over the TCP vs MCP vs Arrange. There are over 20 contexts available, or you can opt for broader categories.
  • Buttons can be activated via Swipe gestures, just like answering your iPhone or trying to pick up strangers on Tinder. When swiping into a submenu, the window will be reopened at your mouse cursor.
  • Buttons can be set to repeat their action for as long as the mouse is held down - nudging volume faders, etc.
  • Buttons can be set to perform an action multiple times per mouse-click - "insert three new tracks", etc.
  • Both of these ^ can be combined, and are compatible with custom actions and user scripts
  • Buttons can also be activated by hovering over them with the mouse.
  • Buttons can have key binds assigned, for an all-keyboard workflow if you want.
  • Several different behaviors for the script's shortcut key.
  • Custom colors for every individual button if you really feel like going to the trouble. I wouldn't want to.
  • A handy-dandy setup script with a help screen, tooltips, and 50% more Vitamin C than the leading brand. Messing around with text files to change settings is for filthy peasants.

Installation:
  • The script is available via ReaPack or, if you'd rather do things the hard way, download and install both of these scripts *in the same folder*:
    Lokasenna_Radial Menu.lua
    Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua
    (right-click the link, choose Save As, put the files in your Reaper/Scripts folder or wherever you want, then use the Load button in the Reaper's action list to find them)
  • Installing with ReaPack will also get you an example menu file that can be imported in the Setup script (in the same folder as the scripts). If you installed manually, grab the example file here:
    Lokasenna_Radial Menu - example settings.txt

Instructions:
  • By default, Radial Menu will look for the "example settings" file mentioned above, which is included if you installed via ReaPack. If that file isn't found, you'll have to run the Setup script and set up (see what I did there?) some menus of your own before Radial Menu will be of any use to you.
  • Assign 'Lokasenna_Radial Menu.lua' to the shortcut key of your choice. There are some technical limitations on WHAT shortcut key you choose - see below.
  • Holding down your shortcut key will bring up the menu, letting go of your shortcut key will close it.
  • Click on buttons to do stuff, or click any empty space (technically, anywhere that doesn't make one of the buttons light up) to go back to the original menu.
  • See the Setup script's Help tab for further explanation of the various settings. I tried to be thorough.
  • Seriously, look at the Help tab. I spent several hours figuring out how to make the text automatically wrap to fit the window; the least you could do is read through what I put there. :P

Shortcut key restrictions:
Because of how the script figures out what key you're holding, there are a few rules you'll have to follow.
  • Known to work: All of the English letters, all of the numbers, F1-12.
  • Shift+ will only work with letters - no Shift+3, or Shift+[, etc. I'm not sure about non-English characters like 'é'.
  • Ctrl+, Alt+, and Win+ should work with any key.
  • Certain keys/characters like tilde ('~') will open the window but not close it. I've been told it's an issue with how the OS passes those characters to Reaper, so you'll have to use something else. Sorry.
  • If the window is rapidly opening and closing, that's a separate issue that I SHOULD be able to fix. Please let me know what key combination you're using, and what OS you're on. Bonus points if you can install this script here, run it, and tell me what numbers it's showing when you press that key combination.

Notes:
  • Reaper switches to a different set of key bindings when you're in the MIDI Editor. You can assign Radial Menu manually in the MIDI Editor's action list, or just assign your shortcut to Misc: Pass through key to main window. It'll use the same menus and settings either way.
  • Any Reaper action or script that takes focus away from Radial Menu's window will interfere with the key detection, causing Radial Menu to go "hey, you let go of the key!" and close. There's nothing I can do about this at present, so you may wish to use one of the alternate shortcut key modes in the Options tab.
  • Settings are stored in a text file right next to the two scripts. Feel free to edit it directly - there are instructions at the top of the file.
I'm setting radial up for context, when using as context can the menu be like the track menu in the default startup menu with one item opening the menu below the current menu.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:46 AM   #812
todd_r

Quote:
If you open the Setup script, go to the Options tab, and choose Clear Settings, it'll reset to the example menus. Does it still happen after doing that?
If I do this I just get blank menus, How can I go back to the default example menus?
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #813
todd_r

Ok, I found the user settings file and deleted
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:25 AM   #814
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
I'm setting radial up for context, when using as context can the menu be like the track menu in the default startup menu with one item opening the menu below the current menu.
If I understand the question, yes - any button in Radial Menu can open a submenu. You can create new menus on the first tab, and then put (I think*) "menu 123" instead of an action ID as the command for one of your buttons in another menu.

* It's been a while; the Help tab will have all of the available commands.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:26 AM   #815
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
If I do this I just get blank menus, How can I go back to the default example menus?
Oh, whoops. It's been long enough since I used Radial that I don't remember how half of it works. :P Glad you got it sorted out.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #816
Eisenspalter

Default Icons or images as background for the buttons

@Lokasenna Great job! Is there a way to implement icons or better images as background for the buttons?
Eisenspalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #817
Lokasenna

Not at the moment. It's on my list of hypothetical ideas though, and I'm planning to add support for images to the next version of my GUI library at which point it would at least be possible.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 AM   #818
IXix

Do you suppose there might be a way of importing the Reaper menus into Radial menu?

edit: oh and respect for Guybrush Threepwood.

Last edited by IXix; 06-04-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Pirate respect
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:40 AM   #819
Lokasenna

In the sense of "map one kind of text file into another kind of text file", it's 100% possible. It's a fair amount of work though - I'll add it to my list, but I doubt it will happen.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #820
hopi

HOLY KKKKKRRRRAAAAP! I gotta go wipe

Quote:
Not at the moment. It's on my list of hypothetical ideas though, and I'm planning to add support for images to the next version of my GUI library at which point it would at least be possible.
I happen to know you have done this... so is it now possible in Radial?
Old 06-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #821
IXix

Quote:
In the sense of "map one kind of text file into another kind of text file", it's 100% possible. It's a fair amount of work though - I'll add it to my list, but I doubt it will happen.
Oh that's okay, not expecting you to actually do it.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #822
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
HOLY KKKKKRRRRAAAAP! I gotta go wipe

I happen to know you have done this... so is it now possible in Radial?
Nope. I haven't added image support to the v2 of the GUI - that was just for Tod's scripts.

Radial is also using such an ancient version of the GUI that I can't even update it right now. I spent some time tidying and upgrading it to at least run on the current GUI, but there's still a lot of work to do there before I can even release it without any features.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #823
Luster

Default a little FR

Hey there,

thanks to AdmiralBumblebees inspiring article (https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/mus...nu-system.html) I am just revisiting my settings and want to switch hard to RadialMenu as main interface for the most used actions.

But the context sensitive feature is of course also killer.

One little detail, I believe, could be enhanced:
For mouse modifiers we have the ability to differentiate between upper and lower half of an item. It would be cool to have the same for RadialMenu.

Concrete: Add an additional entry in the context menu tab of RadialMenus settings - item lower half.

Thanks for that great script!
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #824
Lokasenna

Great idea, and I think it's actually possible with some recent additions Cockos made to the script API. I'll add it to my to-do list, but unfortunately the list is already pretty long and I don't have any time to work on it right now. Some day.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #825
Sambo Rouge

Such a great piece of work.

Obvious to see all of the effort you have put in.

Many thanks ---- terrific stuff.

Regards,

SR
Old 08-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #826
Luster

Quote:
Great idea, and I think it's actually possible with some recent additions Cockos made to the script API. I'll add it to my to-do list, but unfortunately the list is already pretty long and I don't have any time to work on it right now. Some day.

Thanks for the consideration! RadialMenu is pretty complete for me, it's a brilliant addition for Reaper. Of course it's always possible to find something to improve on.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #827
todoublez

This is a menu we should have !
So flexible and easy to use...
Four thumbs up !!! ( including my feet lol )
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #828
EManBass

I just encountered an unwanted behavior: I am setting up my contextual options: I want to see my "Grid" Radial submenu when I launch it over the Ruler. But I got the swipe thing on, to not only open submenus but also trigger actions when swiping, and my Ruler is way up there on my screen so the Radial menu, which apparently can't go above past my screen's top, "sees" like if I were swiping upwards, automatically opening and triggering upwards as soon as I launch the Radial menu.

This happens with the Swipe disabled, too, and for some reason, I can't figure out any way for it to open any submenu when I launch the Radial menu over the Ruler, or anything that is way up there for that matter.

It's really not a huge deal, I mean, this is still the most powerful tool I have found in terms of workflow boosters!
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #829
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EManBass View Post
I just encountered an unwanted behavior: I am setting up my contextual options: I want to see my "Grid" Radial submenu when I launch it over the Ruler. But I got the swipe thing on, to not only open submenus but also trigger actions when swiping, and my Ruler is way up there on my screen so the Radial menu, which apparently can't go above past my screen's top, "sees" like if I were swiping upwards, automatically opening and triggering upwards as soon as I launch the Radial menu.

This happens with the Swipe disabled, too, and for some reason, I can't figure out any way for it to open any submenu when I launch the Radial menu over the Ruler, or anything that is way up there for that matter.

It's really not a huge deal, I mean, this is still the most powerful tool I have found in terms of workflow boosters!
Oops.

I'll add that to list of things to fix if and when I make it back to Radial for an update, but I can't make any promises.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #830
todoublez

game changer script...
Human friendly menu !
gotta donate u for sure on this one.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #831
Skorobagatko

In Reaper 6.0 the Radial Menu stopped reacting to "contexts": everything related to TCP (track, tcp envelope, tcp empty), whole Envelope section and whole Arrange-Envelope section.
Skorobagatko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #832
sub26nico

Have you updated the SWS ?
sub26nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #833
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub26nico View Post
Have you updated the SWS ?
It helped, thanks a lot!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #834
Lokasenna

Yeah, there's a new pre-release of SWS that should sort that out. I haven't upgraded to 6 yet myself though, so I have no idea.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #835
woodslanding

Quote:
Yeah, there's a new pre-release of SWS that should sort that out. I haven't upgraded to 6 yet myself though, so I have no idea.
Good to know! I'm sure not upgrading before you do
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #836
Skorobagatko

The context "midi editor - notes" doesn't trigger actions (which working properly with shortcuts like "ctlr+g" for example).
Old 01-16-2020, 01:42 PM   #837
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
The context "midi editor - notes" doesn't trigger actions (which working properly with shortcuts like "ctlr+g" for example).
What version of Reaper and SWS are you running? Some of the context stuff changed with the switch to 6, so there's a new SWS release (maybe just prerelease) to go with it.

That said, I don't know if I've ever tested midi editor - notes so I'm not sure if it was working before.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #838
Skorobagatko

Quote:
What version of Reaper and SWS are you running? Some of the context stuff changed with the switch to 6, so there's a new SWS release (maybe just prerelease) to go with it.

That said, I don't know if I've ever tested midi editor - notes so I'm not sure if it was working before.
Reaper 6.03 and this sws version:

Old 01-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #839
Lokasenna

Alright, I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #840
Lokasenna

I just tried with Reaper 6.03 and SWS 2.11.whatever - MIDI Editor>Notes loads the correct context menu here.

What exactly is it doing/not doing?