Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #41
Dr Bob
Human being with feelings

Yeah! Looking forward to giving it a whirl ...

Wonder what style I should do this time ... do I do one to complement the synth type(s), or do I do an off the wall one like my BlueGrass for TAL Bassline????

Gonna be fun, but deadline will be tight with family things to think about ... :-)

dB
Dr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #42
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
Yeah! Looking forward to giving it a whirl ...

Wonder what style I should do this time ... do I do one to complement the synth type(s), or do I do an off the wall one like my BlueGrass for TAL Bassline????

Gonna be fun, but deadline will be tight with family things to think about ... :-)

dB
Looking forward to hear what you do with it. It's sound does have that old skool electronic vibe (think TD, Shultze, etc.) but I'm eager to hear where some of the guys will take it from there
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #43
Dr Bob

Been playing with it ... yes, I can hear the TD vibe stuff. Pads and arpy stuff will work well. Have some basic stuff going already, but need to fine tune the patches (as always!).

Made my own synth back in the early 70's (before TD!)... all analogue, resistor chain on the keyboard, which was a nightmare to tune. 1v per octave stuff. 1 main OSC with sqr,tri and sin outputs (which could be mixed). RM, VCA, VCF and LFO components as well.

In the end your typical unstable drifting analogue synth - but it worked.

Cheers,

dB
Old 12-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #44
Jorgen

Quote:
Ragnarök is the collaborative work of Hans Peter aka CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin (synth concept, GUI design, user manual, patch programming) and Björn aka Full Bucket (DSP+GUI+patch programming).
Hans Peter and Björn, thanks! I was eying a russkie woman who caught my interest for a while... cheap one, too. But why bother with such transactions, when I got your "piece of code" on my hard drive, just as we speak...

And your gift is well-meant and freely given. And I just LOVE the name...

If it's to my taste, if I use it, I'll send you a little something for it, buy you a beer or two... That is the truth. Thanks.

Last edited by Jorgen; 12-02-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #45
Jorgen

Now, did I get away cheap? If so, is that is order, in this particular url (or whatever it is called... I'm sure you get my "drift") on the Internet?

Once again, sorry for hi-jacking your thread... but it just might result in a few dl's or two of that musical instrument of Yours...

That is a hypothesis... bet that word is "greek" and "classical" and un mot internationale... still, more than often, us musicians are a cunning kind.

And our conversation is taken place on the Internet... a place where nobody, and I said nobody, forum-member Syd... can hear you scream... well, come to think about it... well, once again, you have to take my word for it... "get the drift"... or "dig". As I know you are well capable of. Frankly, I could't bother less... but since I'm well and fit and prepared - no molecules of xxx slows me down much, I can assure you...

Syd, do we have matters un-spoken? If so... let's do work-out. See who can carry the heavy weights... virtually, I suggest... seems like a good idea to me, anyway... so we don't hurt each other in real life... drop some of those heavy-weight things on your foot... never done it myself, but I have good reasons to believe it hurts like hell...

Does it hurt like hell in virtual reality, too? On the so-called Internet? I know. You do too. Still, in the lingua franca of the modern world... I must ask you this... as ridiculous as it may seem... or sounds, hehehe...

Forum member Syd, you are one of the meanest dogs around... I was borne and raised with both mean and not mean dogs... even as a very little kid, I never feared them... certainly do not do it today, out of shape or not...

(Just you be patient, I'll take care of that holier-than-thou sh*t, too, you just watch me...)

So here is the Agora. Are you asking me out, Syd? Do you have good reasons to? By all means, state your case. Then I shall state mine. And THEN...

We do something old. As I already proposed msore a long time ago. F*cker probably thought i was joking... O tempera, o mores!

Prepared?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #46
Jorgen

Oh my God... My mistake... sorry, I truly believed I was in the "lounge"... please disregard my post above, well, the irrelevant stuff, anyways... I'd love to give this a spin later tonight... bet I could put together a little piece of music with it right away... give me sixty minutes... I'll post it to you later, if you'd like me to do so. In fact, I'd love to do that. Making music is the most interesting, exciting thing I know of in the Universe... I kid you not.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #47
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
Oh my God... My mistake... sorry, I truly believed I was in the "lounge"... please disregard my post above, well, the irrelevant stuff, anyways... I'd love to give this a spin later tonight... bet I could put together a little piece of music with it right away... give me sixty minutes... I'll post it to you later, if you'd like me to do so. In fact, I'd love to do that. Making music is the most interesting, exciting thing I know of in the Universe... I kid you not.
Jorgen,

You can delete your own posts, just click the 'Edit' button then click Delete a time or two.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #48
Dynsdale

Congrats, well done, great synth
Dynsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #49
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
I'd love to give this a spin later tonight... bet I could put together a little piece of music with it right away... give me sixty minutes... I'll post it to you later, if you'd like me to do so. In fact, I'd love to do that.
Love to hear what you do with it. This month's KVR One Synth Challenge is also about Ragnarök, so you might think about participating there.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...p?f=1&t=426319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsdale View Post
Congrats, well done, great synth
Thanks... and more to come

Old 12-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #50
IXix

One thing I'd like to see is a numeric display when you adjust a control. The value shows in a tooltip if you hover the mouse but an indication while actually moving the control would be very helpful for small adjustments.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #51
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
One thing I'd like to see is a numeric display when you adjust a control. The value shows in a tooltip if you hover the mouse but an indication while actually moving the control would be very helpful for small adjustments.
I'll ask Björn is this is possible
Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #52
Time Waster

Norton 360 removed Ragnarok from my system because it had a "bad reputation". Did anyone else have this problem? What has Ragnarok been doing to give it this bad reputation? Should I warn my children?
Old 12-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #53
bluzkat

If anyone has a bad reputation its Norton!

I dumped them years ago, maybe you should consider the same.

I'm sure it was a false positive.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #54
technogremlin

The Ragnarök download from the Full Bucket website is most certainly free of any viruses
Old 12-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #55
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by technogremlin View Post
The Ragnarök download from the Full Bucket website is most certainly free of any viruses
That doesn't necessarily make it healthy.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #56
Dr Bob

Yes, it's just fine from the FB website, false +ve to be sure, and removing it is just nasty.

And WOW! The guitar sounds from Carl's submission to the KVR One Synth Competition are absolutely stunning. You just have to listen and be amazed. Great sound design - just shows what a great synth this is - never for one moment had any doubts.

dB
Old 12-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #57
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
And WOW! The guitar sounds from Carl's submission to the KVR One Synth Competition are absolutely stunning. You just have to listen and be amazed. Great sound design - just shows what a great synth this is - never for one moment had any doubts.
Indeed some stellar sound design going on there. I hope he will donate his patches to the KVR patch archive