Old 11-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
JTP
Human being with feelings

Default missing vst's

Suddenly having problems with missing vst's, even after reinstalling Sonarworks and Valhalla room they don't show up as well as a number of others. Any clues?
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
domzy

mac or windows?
32 bit or 64 bit?

has anything happened since they last worked - updated Reaper or your os etc?
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
JTP

windows 10 64 bit, nothing new except for last reaper update. I tried going back to some earlier versions of reaper but that didn't help. I also use Harrison mixbus 32C and the plugins show-up there. Reinstalled a few that are missing but the scan fails to pick them up, auto detect as well.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
ivansc

Are you SURE you are still on reaper 64bit?

I have downloaded the 32bit version occasionally by mistake & had similar symptoms to what you have. Worth double checking.

And of course the other two quickies are:
Do a CLEAR/rescan instead of just a plain rescan in options/settings/plugins/vst window and
Re-download Reaper 64bit & check the portable install box when installing.

This puts a clean factory-settings reaper install on your C:\ drive in its own folder, which means you can check if the plugins show up without messing with your current install.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
JTP

So far it did not solve problem, never had any issues with reaper until recently.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:49 AM   #6
ivansc

you are saying that the newly-downloaded portable install fails to find the missing plugins when you put the correct paths in reapers options/preferences/plugins/vst list & then clear/rescan?
Old 11-12-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
JTP

It seems I have mostly solved my vst issue. Still not sure why certain ones don't show up but the most important ones are working again. I will be investigating further. Thanks for the suggestions in trying track down the problem.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #8
sethman

I am having a similar issue upon upgrading to the most recent version 6.03 (x64). 70% of my VSTs are no longer available. Have tried rescanning/clearing cache and rescanning/creating new folders, moving the vsts to the new folders, adding those folders to the scan path, and rescanning - nothing is rediscovering all of these VSTs that have been working perfectly fine to date. I can't determine any commonality amongst the VSTs that are no longer discoverable.

Any suggestions? Uninstall Reaper and reinstall?
sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #9
paulthesparky

Default VST missing in Mac Reaper V6.03

Had similar issues after recent V6.03 upgrade and theme change.

This is for people on Mac Osx issues only.

I had to go to Preferences, Plugins, VST. Then in the VST plug-in paths at top, I had to delete a windows type file path (C/...etc.), and replaced it with a Mac file path.

I used /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST;/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST2;/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

I hit the re-scan underneath path box, and all good.

As long as you seperate each file path with a semi-colon, it will check all possible VST folders.

VST3 folder is probably enough by itself, if plugin manufacturer is 'up to date' with Reaper.
paulthesparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:52 AM   #10
Randolph

Clear cache and rescan.

If that does not work take a close look at the path to the location of your vst's, perhaps you have extra space or a semicolon in the wrong location.
Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote