Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
Peterk312
Human being with feelings

Default Spacebar does not start/stop play when project first opened

You start REAPER. You go to File > Recent projects and then open a project. It loads. You click the spacebar to start playing the project, but nothing happens.

You use your mouse to click play on the transport, and the project plays. NOW you can use the spacebar to start and stop play.

Why does this happen? Is there any way when you open a project you can commence play with the spacebar?
Peterk312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Edgemeal

It happens to me sometimes but only when using Kontakt plugin (player v5 or 6). After project (or track template) is loaded I've noticed REAPER isn't the focused window anymore, so have to click on track, transport or something before keys will work. The odd thing is even using same library for kontakt doesn't effect all projects, and I have track templates when loaded into an empty project will steal focus from reaper every time!

Last edited by Edgemeal; 01-22-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Peterk312

I was wondering if I pressed another key along with the spacebar would I be able to get the project to play upon opening without having to click on the transport or somewhere on the page with the mouse first.

I tried Ctrl + spacebar and it worked. After launching REAPER and opening a project, Ctrl + spacebar will make the project play. But you have to still hit Ctrl + spacebar to make it stop. Spacebar alone still will not be responsive until you click somewhere on the page with the mouse.
Peterk312 is offline   Reply With Quote