Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
nickfr84
Human being with feelings

Default Two questions about my tracks - aligning them and panning them

Hi all,
I’m working on putting together a rough mix of some recordings from this weekend and I’m having problems figuring out how to do two things I feel like are probably relatively basic but I can’t just figure out. First is how to align two tracks that are slightly off. Included is a picture but for some reason (user error or perhaps, but hopefully not, a glitch - I’ve been battling and thought I had defeated it). As you can see the two tracks are only slightly off and I can’t figure out how to move it just a little (as opposed to the predetermined amounts of time you can move it) or change how the timeline is structured. I feel like I’m also showing my ignorance because I know I’m flubbing some basic terminology but hopefully I’ve explained it in a decipherable way!
My second issue/mystery is that ever since I updated to the most recent Reaper there is no longer a dial for panning on each track on the dock. How can I get this back? Or where can I find an easy knob to do some panning while I’m doing rough mixes just to set up the stereo space. Second picture shows what my dock currently looks like. All the normal buttons and options but no dial for panning!
Thanks so much,
Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C8122DB5-C951-4F94-9012-0FDD36971656.jpeg (19.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpeg 3ECE92CB-B722-4129-B36F-C8A7004A913C.jpeg (24.3 KB, 83 views)
nickfr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:01 PM   #2
serr

Snap settings. Right-click on the grid button and you will see the snap to grid options. Untick that and you can position the audio how you please. Zoom in closer to make smaller adjustments.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
nickfr84

Thanks so much! Any idea how I can get the pan dial back on the tracks on transport dock?
Old 01-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
serr

You probably have something reduced in size. Some of the control panels "collapse" when you shrink the windows. You'll have to click-drag the panel separator spots like you do with that. Reaper has other ways to layout the screen too if you don't like the digital Performer style all in one window look.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
nickfr84

That fixed it!!!! Thanks!