Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #41
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Unpack the contents from the script.zip into your Scripts folder. Then in the Actions window, Load the ReaScript Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua. Run this theme adjuster and with it you can change the track name size, along with many other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Put the track name width to auto and the extend the track view accordingly.
Okay, thank you my friends, I'll give it a try.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #42
poplomop

Quote:
Put the track name width to auto and the extend the track view accordingly.
It seems like that's meant to be the default but it isn't and it seems like every time reaper is opened the script has to be run again. In other words it seems the auto width setting isn't "sticking" between session.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #43
Crumbfort

Quote:
@White Tie:

No worries, won't mention that here with the item edges

Is there a way to make the track names always white?
This is just really hard to read, because the eye constantly needs to
adjust to the different brightness levels of the text:

+1 big time!
Old 11-13-2019, 04:20 PM   #44
Nogla

Is there a layout, in which user could see the whole input name with this theme?
https://i.imgur.com/GTou2b8.gifv
Old 11-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #45
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogla View Post
Is there a layout, in which user could see the whole input name with this theme?
Have you tried adjusting the input size with the Default_6.0 theme adjuster? Refer to OP for how to install the theme adjuster script, if you haven't done it yet.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #46
Janne83

For some reason pre dev1115 is resetting v6 alpha theme to default- the position of solo buttons in TCP, hidden values in MCP,...
It happens every time i restart Reaper. (also posted this in the pre section of the mentioned build just in case)
Old 11-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #47
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by poplomop View Post
It seems like that's meant to be the default but it isn't and it seems like every time reaper is opened the script has to be run again. In other words it seems the auto width setting isn't "sticking" between session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
For some reason pre dev1115 is resetting v6 alpha theme to default- the position of solo buttons in TCP, hidden values in MCP,...
It happens every time i restart Reaper. (also posted this in the pre section of the mentioned build just in case)
This keep getting reported as a problem and I'm in a real bind because I can't replicate it. What would be fantastic is if one of you could do a bit of detective work please? Please please?

The 'default' settings should only be seen if Reaper doesn't find any previous settings, or if my script is somehow trashing them on load. This is a critical distinction because it targets the finger of blame

Firstly, it would be useful for OS details and whether you are using a portable install.

Secondly, could you please take a look at your 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' file (found using Options > Show Reaper resource path in explorer/finder). This is where your settings are stored.

In the section '[Default_6.0_unpacked]' look for param1=xx. This is the parameter for the Mixer folder indent, lets use it as the test parameter because its param1.

so... if you change the setting for Mixer folder indent, that param1 value should change. Reload 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' and make a note of the value its changed to, close Reaper, restart and then look at your 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' again. Has param1 reset, or is it still the value you changed it to?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #48
poplomop

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post

In the section '[Default_6.0_unpacked]' look for param1=xx. This is the parameter for the Mixer folder indent, lets use it as the test parameter because its param1.

Thanks
Win 10 latest. Non-portable reaper v5.985+dev1115. Screen size 1366x768.

param1 works okay for me. param19 (TCP name size) is the only problem I noticed.

Start from scratch, no param19 in reaper-themeconfig.ini.

Open reaper. Insert a track. Type in a long name for the track. Track name size doesn't auto-resize.

Open Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua. Track name immediately auto-resizes without clicking anything at all in Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua. param19=60 (for example) shows up in reaper-themeconfig.ini.

Type in even longer name for the track. Track name size doesn't auto-resize.

Open Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua. Track name immediately auto-resizes without clicking anything at all in Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua. param19=81 (for example) shows up in reaper-themeconfig.ini.

Close reaper. param19=81 is still in reaper-themeconfig.ini.

Open reaper. Insert track. Track name size is still the same param19=81 Rinse, repeat.

Thank you!
Old 11-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #49
JamesPeters

TCP name size for me is apparently param18. It works normally for me using Reaper for Linux v5.985+dev1115 (so I can't reproduce that behavior).

I also am not having problems with MCP values becoming hidden (after the fix from November 6).
Old 11-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #50
poplomop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
TCP name size for me is apparently param18.
Ah right you are. Same for me. So I guess param19 is the size of the track name field. So White Tie, I still get the same behavior above whether param18=1 appears in my reaper-themeconfig.ini or if it is absent. (So presumably "1" is the default value for param18 I guess).

Last edited by poplomop; 11-16-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:57 AM   #51
Janne83

Quote:
This keep getting reported as a problem and I'm in a real bind because I can't replicate it. What would be fantastic is if one of you could do a bit of detective work please? Please please?

The 'default' settings should only be seen if Reaper doesn't find any previous settings, or if my script is somehow trashing them on load. This is a critical distinction because it targets the finger of blame

Firstly, it would be useful for OS details and whether you are using a portable install.

Secondly, could you please take a look at your 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' file (found using Options > Show Reaper resource path in explorer/finder). This is where your settings are stored.

so... if you change the setting for Mixer folder indent, that param1 value should change. Reload 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' and make a note of the value its changed to, close Reaper, restart and then look at your 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' again. Has param1 reset, or is it still the value you changed it to?

Thanks

The parameter1 changes its value. With indent= none the value is 1, ig I change it to 1 the value changes to 5. If I set the indent back to none its now back to value of 1.

In my case deleting reaper-themeconfig.ini solved it and let it rebuild. I guess it got stuck with the latest dev bulit (dev1115). Im on win10 1809. Normal install of Reaper.

This is the last state:

Thanks for the help WT.

Last edited by Janne83; 11-17-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:12 AM   #52
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks loads for your detailed replies chaps, and as I hoped, I think we might now have a handle on this. I think what we're seeing here is a combination of things, not necessarily bugs but more failures of communication on my part. I'll explain what I think is going on and it would be helpful if you could suggest any thoughts on how I might have communicated this better, because when this goes to general release people will just expect it to work the way they expect it to work, whatever that might be.

First, just to get this out of the way : in earlier builds of the theme, I was renumbering params between versions, for ill-considered internal neatness reasons. So on a script update a saved param that was doing one thing would now be loaded to do something else! This was very silly and I've stopped doing it Existing pre theme users should hopefully be set right by an .ini nuke as described in post #1, and new users shouldn't be affected. Sorry about that.

Now to the main event - the auto settings. Here's the key fact: Reaper hasn't gained the ability to automatically change the lengths of these elements, the script is doing it. So, to do it the script needs to be running. All the time.

The script listens out for Reaper to announce that 'something has changed'. It then checks if the track names (for example) have changed, and if so calculates the new length of the longest name. The script tells the theme that its new track name length is that, and tells it to refresh. So: the script is the middle man between Reaper and the theme.

Now, I have done two things to make it so that leaving the script running is an agreeable thing to do, other than actually saying to do it, oops.
  1. Docked mode - this performs all of its functions, even if it is running in an unselected background dock. I've also tried to give it a subset of the features that some users might want to mess with as part of their day-to-day workflow, to that it being open all the time is desirable.
  2. I have gone to great pains (relative to my capabilities as a beginner programmer) to make the script lightweight, even on ludicrously low-end hardware (my test for this is an appalling £100 supermarket grade Win10 tablet). It doesn't redraw itself unless something has happened (which is why sometimes you need to wave a mouse at it to wake it up) and it doesn't send any instructions to Reaper unless either it has changed something, or Reaper announces that something has changed in the project.

None of this matters if the user opens the script, tweaks settings, and then closes it. Any suggestions of how to better communicate this would be most welcome.

Quote:
Open reaper. Insert track. Track name size is still the same param19=81
Yeah, this is essentially the root of it. Nothing is going to change that 81 until the script gets a chance to measure the track names again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I also am not having problems with MCP values becoming hidden (after the fix from November 6).
Thanks for letting me know. That was just a straight-up cockuop

Quote:
(So presumably "1" is the default value for param18 I guess).
That's correct. FYI, If you'd be curious to do some more detective work, all the parameters and their default values are set at the top of the theme's rtconfig.txt file. See this sticky for instructions on how to unpack a theme so you can get to that.

Edit - HERE is a text file of just the relevant bit, to save you the messing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
In my case deleting reaper-themeconfig.ini solved it and let it rebuild.
Excellent.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:05 AM   #53
poplomop

Ah right thanks it all makes sense now. I thought the script was just for tweaking values but it does more stuff than that. Looking good by the way.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #54
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
I thought the script was just for tweaking values
Of course you did; after all I called it 'Adjuster' I need to find a better way of communicating the ongoing nature of the Reaper/Script/Theme interaction.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #55
poplomop

Quote:

Docked mode - this performs all of its functions, even if it is running in an unselected background dock. I've also tried to give it a subset of the features that some users might want to mess with as part of their day-to-day workflow, to that it being open all the time is desirable.
Yep desirable. Very handy thing to have docked. Still works if the script is docked but the reaper docker is hidden by the way, folks.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #56
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Of course you did; after all I called it 'Adjuster' I need to find a better way of communicating the ongoing nature of the Reaper/Script/Theme interaction.
Theme Script Integrator - TSI ?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #57
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks for your help everyone! Please see post #1 for version 1.23. You'll need to be on v5.985+dev1115 or later, or there will be weirdness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Sure, attached here. Tried with the latest dev version now, same thing.
Its hard to be sure from your screenshot, but this looks like the edge situation we discussed a few versions back. The transport either needs to be wider, or taller, or the rate fader shorter, or I would need to hide the selection sooner, which would disadvantage users who use one of the shorter time display modes. I agree it looks bad as you have it, but I don't have an easy solution I'm afraid.

Quote:
Is there a way to make the track names always white?
This is just really hard to read, because the eye constantly needs to
adjust to the different brightness levels of the text:
That would be an easy mod, but a bit full-on for what I'm trying to do here. However, I have tweaked the colours in 1.23, please take a look and let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Great. much better!
Inside TA there’s still a weird overlay from mouse-over on cells:

I agree, it would be convenient to have the option of track titles in monochrome; white, light gray, or perhaps 'Cockos light gray-green'.

– On next theme-pack, remember to include this little fellow PNG that is now missing:
gen_knob_bg_large.png
The script is full of mouseover badness, but I'll confess I hadn't seen that one. Can anyone else replicate it?

Please see v1.23 for a newly tweaked track name colouring scheme.

I might not be doing some of the generic controls at all, because they don't respond to hidpi as bitmaps yet, so the stock vector elements are actually arguably the better right-now solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyF4ll View Post
How to enable Volume db scale (ruler) in mixer panel for all tracks? (at the moment it displays it only for Master Bas)
This is done using the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogla View Post
As per xpander, this is done using the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Theme Script Integrator - TSI ?
I'm not very confident that a name change will really get it done, any one else want to weigh in on this?

FWIW, this will be slightly less confusing for 'real' users, because unlike you pre chaps they will have a Kenny video to watch. But if there's good stuff I can do on my end, I want to try.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #58
poplomop

The theme adjuster script doesn't stay in the docker after I close reaper with it in the docker and then open reaper again. I have to explicitly run the script from the action menu first and then it shows up in the docker again (if it had been previously docked already.)

reaper-extstate.ini:

Code:
[Default_6.0 theme adjuster]
showHelp=true
dock=1.0
wndx=100.0
wndy=50.0
editPage=1
paletteCurrent=1
activeLayoutTcp=A
activeLayoutMcp=A
EDIT: Okay I guess all the scripts do that. I guess scripts don't stay docked between reaper sessions.

Last edited by poplomop; 11-17-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #59
mlprod

Quote:
Sure, attached here. Tried with the latest dev version now, same thing.
Still there.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #60
PhelixK

Quote:
Thanks for your help everyone! Please see post #1 for version 1.23. You'll need to be on v5.985+dev1115 or later, or there will be weirdness.
Thank you, looking forward to check out v1.23 further.

FYI: 150% and 200% buttons are missing in resources:
image apply_50@2x.png not foundimage apply_75@2x.png not found
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TA_missing2x.jpg (50.8 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by PhelixK; 11-17-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #61
PhelixK

Quote:
The theme adjuster script doesn't stay in the docker after I close reaper with it in the docker and then open reaper again. I have to explicitly run the script from the action menu first and then it shows up in the docker again (if it had been previously docked already.)

reaper-extstate.ini:

Code:
[Default_6.0 theme adjuster]
showHelp=true
dock=1.0
wndx=100.0
wndy=50.0
editPage=1
paletteCurrent=1
activeLayoutTcp=A
activeLayoutMcp=A
EDIT: Okay I guess all the scripts do that. I guess scripts don't stay docked between reaper sessions.
I have added Theme Adjuster in the __startup.lua (the global startup file, not SWS).
It’s located inside Actions list or the Scripts folder inside system/user.

With the correct script-ID this automatically starts up TA after the splash screen:
Code:
reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_RS08565b167a427d3d8941cc972b127318bdeb279f"), -1) --Default_6.0 theme adjuster
I'm also using a default Screenset Layout for startup, this will dock TA in the same place.

I'm on mac, but this should work for others as well.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #62
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
I guess all the scripts do that. I guess scripts don't stay docked between reaper sessions.
See PhelixK's reply; its not that the script isn't docked, its that its not even running

Quote:
Still there.
Please see my reply here.

Quote:
FYI: 150% and 200% buttons are missing in resources
Ooops, thanks! Please grab the script.zip file from post #1 again.

Quote:
I have added Theme Adjuster in the __startup.lua

Yes, __startup.lua is the solution for everyone. Bit of a pain though, isn't it?
Old 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #63
poplomop

Quote:
I have added Theme Adjuster in the __startup.lua (the global startup file, not SWS).
It’s located inside Actions list or the Scripts folder inside system/user.

With the correct script-ID this automatically starts up TA after the splash screen:
Code:
reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_RS08565b167a427d3d8941cc972b127318bdeb279f"), -1) --Default_6.0 theme adjuster
I'm also using a default Screenset Layout for startup, this will dock TA in the same place.

Hey cool thanks a lot PhelixK.

Quote:
Yes, __startup.lua is the solution for everyone. Bit of a pain though, isn't it?
Still cool though! Way better than not having it at all haha.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #64
PhelixK

Quote:
yeah it ain't beautiful, but it works. If V6 Default is rolled out like this, it can only go wrong

–if you’re familiar with dopp_fxlist this used to be a lua script, but now migrated into a plugin extension, and doesn't require a kick-start. Perhaps worth to investigate.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #65
xpander

I dropped the latest v6 theme into the ColorThemes folder and the 1.23 theme adjuster script and images to the Scripts folder. I did all this while Reaper was running.

I had already loaded the previous theme adjuster script into the Actions list and set a shortcut for it to a menu. So, I didn't load anything via Actions list anymore, just overwrote the old script file. This has worked for all the previous versions.

But this time when trying to run the theme adjuster script from the menu, I got an error message:
Quote:
Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua:638: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (local 'd')
So I removed the old reaper-themeconfig.ini and tried to run the script again, getting the same error message.

Next step, I removed the theme adjuster script from the Actions list and loaded it in again. Before running the script, I also moved the old reaper-themeconfig.ini back, just to see what will happen. And this time the theme adjuster script ran just fine. There's not necessarily much to gain from this, so just FYI, if this happens again...
Old 11-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #66
Ericson

Quote:

So I removed the old reaper-themeconfig.ini and tried to run the script again, getting the same error message.

Next step, I removed the theme adjuster script from the Actions list and loaded it in again. Before running the script, I also moved the old reaper-themeconfig.ini back, just to see what will happen. And this time the theme adjuster script ran just fine. There's not necessarily much to gain from this, so just FYI, if this happens again...
I have the same error message and I've applied the same solution as you described, but still the error.
@dev, please advice.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #67
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I don't know why it would ever do that, but its easy to defend against so I'll do so in the next version. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #68
_Stevie_

Quote:
That would be an easy mod, but a bit full-on for what I'm trying to do here. However, I have tweaked the colours in 1.23, please take a look and let me know.
This looks WAAAAY better, thank you, White Tie!
Old 11-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #69
mlprod

Quote:
Please see my reply here.
I missed that.
But, not sure what you mean here, are you saying that this "corner case" is something that will be left in there in the v6 release?
Old 11-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #70
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
are you saying that this "corner case" is something that will be left in there in the v6 release?
Yes, I maybe am. With deep regret. If you'd like to look back through the theme threads, you'll see where we discussed this, and there was no obvoius solution. It would be useful to a full screenshot to be able to see how this is affecting you, but the TL/DR is:
  • I cannot make changes based on the users' time diplay mode, because Reaper doesn't communicate that to the theme.
  • I have repeated user requests to make the selection text bigger, which I have actioned here.
  • I can do things to change the size of the text when space becomes small, but this is irksome if space hasn't actually become small, for users on the shorter time display modes, and anyway the amount of space I save is suprisingly and disapointingly small.
  • I have made a variable size rate fader, which can be very big. This can take up a lot of space. in previous builds, it ignored your setting and made itself smaller if there wasn't enough space for it to be big. Users really didn't like this because it felt broken and removed the opportunity to "have a big rate fader and squeeze other things out, I'mn fine with that" if they wanted.

Given the choice between a range of non-optimal outcomes, I chose the non-optimal outcome you are seeing. I'm not happy about it either!
Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #71
Ericson

Quote:
I don't know why it would ever do that, but its easy to defend against so I'll do so in the next version. Thanks!
You're welcome. Could you tell me how to solve the error? Now I can't use the script.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #72
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks for your help everyone! 1.24 new theme and script are now in post #1.

IMPORTANT I've had to change the name of the script (removing the underscores from its name), which will mess things up for you. Sorry. I recommend deleting the old script and your reaper-themeconfig.ini before running the new one.

This does however mean we all, for a moment, get to have the 'first time user' experience, so if you could take a moment to have a look at the new defaults and let me know what you think, that would be much appreciated.

TCP
A - The big payoff of all this work. We get to deal with that 'argh too many controls' feeling that new users get, unaware that they are seeing them all twice if they have MCP and TCP showing. So this is the layout that hides Routing/Pan/Width if the mixer is showing, and all the record functionality unless the track is armed. For a BIG clarity win; look at all that relaxing clean space.
B - The opposite; maximum overkill. Everything showing, all the time, and volume as a fader.
C- Big meter, lots of conditional hiding to make best use of the reduced space.

MCP
A - Just some subtle label hiding if track is unselected, to clean things up.
B - Labels always showing, border set to 'around folders'
C - Narrow mode if track unselected, narrow mode with sidebar if track selected. For the 'massive project, small screen' users.

Envelopes - Tricky one this, ideally people will use the auto setting for the name size but they'd need to know about the script and be running it for that to make sense, so I've tried to choose a sensible fixed size to start.

Transport - Rate as a knob. Hopefully this will prevent a few people running into the problems discussed earlier regarding the selection text getting smooshed.

Quote:
–if you’re familiar with dopp_fxlist this used to be a lua script, but now migrated into a plugin extension, and doesn't require a kick-start.
I'm a beginner programmer, this is my first script. I imagine I'm a few years short of the experience needed to be getting into extensions

Quote:
But this time when trying to run the theme adjuster script from the menu, I got an error message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson View Post
I have the same error message and I've applied the same solution as you described, but still the error.
@dev, please advice.
Please try 1.24, hopefully this will be fixed ...?
Old 11-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #73
poplomop

Can hardly see the text button thingies at the bottom of the cycle action editor.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:51 AM   #74
bFooz

I find the minimum TCP track height too large. I can fit just 47 tracks vertically into my workspace, and I'm using a 1440p screen.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:52 AM   #75
bFooz

It's really hard to find the selected track.

The screenshot is intentially wide. Please, display it at 100%, centered on the screen. You will find that looking all the way to the left in a search for a thin line is not the most effective workflow.

The track selection is a thing that should be made boldly. I'd say it is the most important thing in the TCP. More important than trackname, volume or solo for instance.

EDIT:
This is how I have it now. It is visible peripherially and does pass the squint test.

Last edited by bFooz; 11-20-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #76
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Can hardly see the text button thingies at the bottom of the cycle action editor.
SWS's decision to use the toolbar buttons images without the toolbar button background is a bit odd and highly problematic. Hopefully me doing this in the default theme will cause that to get some attention; we have enough 'bizarre things being used in the wrong context' in Reaper theming without them creating new ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
I find the minimum TCP track height too large. I can fit just 47 tracks vertically into my workspace, and I'm using a 1440p screen.
Its as low as it could be with controls of this size. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
It's really hard to find the selected track.

The screenshot is intentially wide. Please, display it at 100%, centered on the screen. You will find that looking all the way to the left in a search for a thin line is not the most effective workflow.

The track selection is a thing that should be made boldly. I'd say it is the most important thing in the TCP. More important than trackname, volume or solo for instance.
Yes, I acknowledge that a consequence of the way I've done this is that if, of two adjacent colours, one is very similar to the selected tint of the other, you will only be able to tell selected state by the secondary indicators (track number background, track name colour, white line). Going into this, I warned that by doing 'blast full strength colours everywhere' it was going to come at the cost of requiring users to be judicious in their choice of colours. If the benefits of full strength colours do not outweigh this for you, this isn't the theme for you.

Please note that, as with much of this theme, I've made sure this condition is extremely easy to mod.

FWIW the 'outline panel' thing would however be extremely difficult to mod, I'm afraid, because of all the things I've done relating to variable folder indenting, variable meter widths, etc etc.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:21 AM   #77
bFooz

100+ track numbers are problematic:

Since track numbers in Reaper with the usage of folders and separator track layouts does not guarantee anything, I'd suggest making them smaller so 3 digits can fit.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:22 AM   #78
EvilDragon

And then don't forget some working composers have a 4-digit track count in their projects.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:35 AM   #79
bFooz

Quote:
FWIW the 'outline panel' thing would however be extremely difficult to mod
The solution for better visibility could be just to move the selection strip to the right, closer to the middle of the screen and to the user's eyes, and to make it bigger. You have already made space for it there. But it could be even wider than this. Could be also in the color of the track as I've seen in some other theme.

By moving this strip away from the left, you could gain some visual space for track numebers.

EDIT: Ok, that space is for meters. But it could be rearranged or put the selection strip all the way to the right of the track panel. And there could be even two, one on the very left and one on the very right.

Last edited by bFooz; 11-20-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #80
bFooz

Regarding the mute and solo buttons, I would not move them as the track is heightened.

There is no order in this:

arguments for fixed buttons:

- both buttons are at the different position for different heights, I don't know where to quickly find them.
- hard to see boundaries of tracks
- there is space for them to stay next to each other
- no other button in the track panel changes its position, just these 2 buttons

Last edited by bFooz; 11-20-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Closed Thread