Old 07-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #1
mewzickguy
Human being with feelings

Default Problems getting started

I currently have and Hp Gaming Computer i7 Nvidia GTX1050 Ti HDMI RAM 32 SSD 512 GB.I was very adept at Pro Tools, but they decided to cut us smaller users out and I remember I had downloaded Reaper. I am starting with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Generation USB Audio Interface. I installed Reaper, the Scarlett Solo and the drivers I set up the I/Os but I'm not getting a recording signal and when I turn on my monitors I just get a cycle of pulses. Does anyone have any ideas?
mewzickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

Have you checked out the videos on getting started, and/or the relevant section of the free PDF user guide (especially chapters 1 and 3) ? There's also a checklist in the Appendix at the end of the User Guide for quick reference.

I'm not being snarky, but as a new user it likely will in all honesty be quicker for you to do that than to go back and forth asking/answering a series of questions one at a time.

At the very least, that would eliminate the more obvious issues in helping to get to the bottom of your problem (if you then still have one).

Last edited by nicholas; 07-14-2021 at 08:56 PM.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote