COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Time
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with piano roll tracks repeating themselves

Hi! I'm currently trying reaper and so far I absolutely love it. I especially love the piano roll, to me it's one of the best ones ever made.

But I've been running in a really annoying problem. Maybe I forgot to turn off some kind of option setting but anyway.

Let's say I write a part of the song (strings).
But then I decide I want to stretch the track to make it a bit longer so I can keep sustaining the note. The problem is, if I stretch the track, it will automatically copy and paste the notes. I took screens to give you a better idea of the problem.

On the first window it's the basic track. On the second one, it's whhat happens if I stretch it.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg why.JPG (23.7 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg ffuuuu.jpg (26.6 KB, 510 views)
Old 06-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
StrangeSound

I run into the problem as well. You could click on the media item and press F2 which leads you to the media item properties. There you can de-activate the "loop source" mode and add some mileage in the media lane. Sadly, it doesn't work all the time, at least for me. Sometimes all the midi events get deleted when stretching the media item further after de-activating the loop-source mode.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
Skaven252

If you extend the MIDI piano roll item further and it loops, you can double click to open it, and you can see that a vertical grey line has appeared. This is the loop point. You can drag this further down the piano roll to make the sequence longer.