Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Commala
Human being with feelings

Default Default Commala 3

Updated October 26, 2014

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1491/Default_Commala_3.zip

I've finished the latest update to Default Commala, my theme mod of Default Analog by Lerian, which is itself a mod of White Tie's seminal Reaper 4 default theme. It includes some toolbar icons from RADO by Nick Moritz, also.

Especial thanks to Swamp Ape, for the technical assistance

Default Commala features:

- MCP track folder state indentation, as seen in WT Voodoo

- new TCP Big Meters and Vertical TCP layouts

- new MIDI editor pitch colours

- extensive coloured fader layouts

- colour swatches are a matched shade to allow easy colour coding

- new panners

- layout names correspond to Default Analog, which preserves layout structure if you've used that theme in your projects before

Last edited by Commala; 10-26-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
edkilp

That really looks nice. I'm gonna give it a try right now. Thanks!

**EDIT** Can you point me toward the instructions to get my Reaper FX windows to look dark like your screenshots? I remember reading here somewhere about Windows themes, but can't seem to find it again. In fact, I'd like to know how to get mine to look exactly like your pics.

Last edited by edkilp; 10-16-2014 at 07:18 PM.
edkilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Commala

Sorry, I've taken the theme down temporarily. After packing it into a ReaperThemeZip, some elements are no longer displaying correctly.

Finally got the autoload and drag and drop functionality to work (the normal behaviour for ReaperThemeZips), but now the large black master layout and the narrow layouts are unable to find their resource folder paths.

Edit: I will simply have to prepare a version that must be extracted to your ColorThemes folder... probably have that up later tonight.

Last edited by Commala; 10-16-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
edkilp

Wow, sorry you're having trouble now. I did manage to download v3 before you removed it, and it's a beauty! I found the thread I was referring to and installed the Adobulated windows theme. This may end my search for a go-to, default, use-it-all-the-time-and-stop-looking-for-others theme!

I hope you get everything sorted out soon and as painlessly as possible. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Must be tedious stuff.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkilp View Post
Wow, sorry you're having trouble now. I did manage to download v3 before you removed it, and it's a beauty! I found the thread I was referring to and installed the Adobulated windows theme. This may end my search for a go-to, default, use-it-all-the-time-and-stop-looking-for-others theme!

I hope you get everything sorted out soon and as painlessly as possible. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Must be tedious stuff.
It can be quite meditative, actually.

Thank you for the compliments, I've worked hard on this and I'm glad you like it

I may have overreacted by taking the theme down, but after having brought it to this point, I can't stand anything less than perfection. This is my go-to, as well!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
edkilp

I understand completely. That Adobulated windows theme really sets this one off nicely. Unfortunately, it also makes a couple other programs look strange, if not unreadable. But I suppose I could disable it if I absolutely can't stand it. I love the dark backgrounds on the Reaper FX windows. This is great.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Commala

Quote:
I understand completely. That Adobulated windows theme really sets this one off nicely. Unfortunately, it also makes a couple other programs look strange, if not unreadable. But I suppose I could disable it if I absolutely can't stand it. I love the dark backgrounds on the Reaper FX windows. This is great.
Yeah I switch back and forth when needed. One bad thing I've noticed is that the timeline numbers in Reason disappear, for example. But it makes Reaper look good, and grey backgrounds are also nice for graphics work.

I've put the theme back up, get it before I change my mind again! (jk)

It's not a ReaperThemeZip, it's just a zip of the ReaperTheme and the resource folder. Extract these to your ColorThemes directory.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #8
Solar

@Commala

First big thanks for making this V3 happen, it looks really good and going to give it a try. Especially love the fact you've given a Color to the Reaper plugins as well. Well done, just brings a breath of fresh air.

Thanks again , Kudos :-)
Old 10-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
DarkStar

Which Layout puts the TCP knobs to the right (first track in the second screenshot)? I had a quick look but could not find it.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #10
Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Which Layout puts the TCP knobs to the right (first track in the second screenshot)? I had a quick look but could not find it.
Curious too ;-)
Old 10-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #11
Commala

Quote:
Here it is, Black Vertical.

You probably couldn't find it because there seem to be too many TCP layouts for Reaper to handle. Here you can see that the right-click layouts menu stops at 28 layouts.

This could be a Reamenus thing too. At any rate, you can use your layouts and screensets window to access the layouts. Alternatively, you (or I) could release a version with fewer layouts (the ones you find yourself using more often) to clean those menus up and provide easier accessibility.

This should be easy enough to do by opening the rtconfig and simply erasing the entry for the layouts you don't want. It is optional whether to also delete the image folder that the layout refers to.

Myself, I set up coordinated toolbar buttons that switch the MCP and TCP layouts at the same time using a custom action composed of two layout actions.

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #12
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
@Commala

First big thanks for making this V3 happen, it looks really good and going to give it a try. Especially love the fact you've given a Color to the Reaper plugins as well. Well done, just brings a breath of fresh air.

Thanks again , Kudos :-)
You are most welcome.

Just want to point out that the skin on the plugins is in fact coming from the Windows theme I use, not from this Reaper theme.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Soli Deo Gloria

For the first time, I think Iīm going to switch from my custom V4 default...thanks so much Commala! I think the only thing I truly miss are the peak readouts in the TCP. Is there any way to include them, for example copying and pasting some code from the rtconfig of V4 default or something like that? I ask you because this hack by EricM :http://forum.cockos.com/newreply.php...reply&p=803127 does something similar with the MCP of V4 theme...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #14
DarkStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
Here it is, Black Vertical.

<< image removed>>

You probably couldn't find it because there seem to be too many TCP layouts for Reaper to handle. Here you can see that the right-click layouts menu stops at 28 layouts.

This could be a Reamenus thing too. At any rate, you can use your layouts and screensets window to access the layouts. Alternatively, you (or I) could release a version with fewer layouts (the ones you find yourself using more often) to clean those menus up and provide easier accessibility.

This should be easy enough to do by opening the rtconfig and simply erasing the entry for the layouts you don't want. It is optional whether to also delete the image folder that the layout refers to.

Myself, I set up coordinated toolbar buttons that switch the MCP and TCP layouts at the same time using a custom action composed of two layout actions.
Yep it's the 28-line limit. "Black TCP (vertical meters) - Gold Fader" is the last one I see.

Not down to ReaMenus
Old 10-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
For the first time, I think Iīm going to switch from my custom V4 default...thanks so much Commala! I think the only thing I truly miss are the peak readouts in the TCP. Is there any way to include them, for example copying and pasting some code from the rtconfig of V4 default or something like that? I ask you because this hack by EricM :http://forum.cockos.com/newreply.php...reply&p=803127 does something similar with the MCP of V4 theme...

Yes, open the rtconfig and find these lines by Lerian (I think) on the first "page" or so.

;--------- to enable meter readout comment with a ";" the first line and uncomment the second one-----------

set tcp.meter.readout.color [0 0 0 0]
;set tcp.meter.readout.color h>23 [255 255 255 140 255 255 255 200] [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0]

;--------------------

That will make the standard TCP layouts show a readout, but not the vertical meters. I'll have to look into it more to see if I can build an easy switch. Should do for now though

Quote:
Yep it's the 28-line limit. "Black TCP (vertical meters) - Gold Fader" is the last one I see.

Not down to ReaMenus
You can also find the layouts in the rtconfig and insert a single space before the layout name to bring them to the top of the list. I didn't do this because it would break compatibility with Default Analog if the layouts are not named exactly the same. I thought that was important enough to defer to this principle.

I access my favourite layouts by toolbar buttons, so I really have no need to see them in the list. I only find myself right-clicking to get at a classic layout or something, and they are all at the top, so it is convenient in a way.

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
Yes, open the rtconfig and find these lines by Lerian (I think) on the first "page" or so...

set tcp.meter.readout.color [0 0 0 0]
;set tcp.meter.readout.color h>23 [255 255 255 140 255 255 255 200] [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0]
Extraordinary! Such a simple solution! Iīve just done it and it worked...thank you very much! I think this will be my default theme from now on...
Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #17
Solar

Quote:
You are most welcome.

Just want to point out that the skin on the plugins is in fact coming from the Windows theme I use, not from this Reaper theme.
Thats what I noticed when I opened ReaQ cuz my Windows too is skinned so follows the Win Skin ;-)

By the way, I myself looking for that Black Vertical and I've looked but can't put my hands on the Screen/Layout. Check this screenshot

Any idea?

Last edited by Solar; 10-17-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #18
Solar

By the way Colama, wuold you mind please checking this out. A little issue of visibility about the Item Volume little knob.

Can you do something like when you the iTem Vol is untouched, it's icon is White and then when changed it becomes Red or something that goes with your Colour Theme?

Would makes it much easier for workflow ;-)

Thaanks in advance
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #19
Commala

Quote:
By the way, I myself looking for that Black Vertical and I've looked but can't put my hands on the Screen/Layout. Check this screenshot

Any idea?
The TCP layouts can be changed in the fields called "Track Panel" and "Selected track panel."

Quote:
By the way Colama, wuold you mind please checking this out. A little issue of visibility about the Item Volume little knob.
I designed it so that the item volume knobs nearly disappear when set to unity. I want to see settings, not the controls. If I have a bunch of media items, I want to be able to tell at a glance which of them have been set to different volumes.

I don't think it is a good idea to highlight those knobs when there is no setting, simply to remind people that they are there. Any moderately experienced Reaper user knows about the item volume knobs and knows where they can be found, there is no need to make them stand out.

If "Draw labels above the item, rather than within the item" is unchecked in Preferences -> Appearance -> Media, you can see the knob over the media item background even when it has not been adjusted, which is sort of what you ask for. However, this may not be ideal if you really like to have those controls above the media item.

Quote:
Extraordinary! Such a simple solution! Iīve just done it and it worked...thank you very much! I think this will be my default theme from now on...
You're welcome, I hope it serves you well

At least until you get higher resolution monitors and need to use themes with much larger elements... But 1920 x 1080 still works for me.

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #20
fladd

Nice theme!

One little bug though: In the MCP, there is no padding around the label. So if the track name is larger than can be displayed, and the same is true for the track next to it, then both labels bsically touch each other, making it impossible to dissociate.

In the TCP, they are padded.

Would be great to see a fix for this.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #21
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
Nice theme!

One little bug though: In the MCP, there is no padding around the label. So if the track name is larger than can be displayed, and the same is true for the track next to it, then both labels bsically touch each other, making it impossible to dissociate.

In the TCP, they are padded.

Would be great to see a fix for this.
Hmm, good point, I'll fix this tonight
Old 10-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #22
edkilp

I'm a little unclear about the file indentation thing in the mixer panel. I have tracks in a folder that I think should not be indented. Look at the attached image and tell me if it looks right. Track 1 is a folder, and tracks 2-10 are all in that folder. For some reason 9 and 10 are indented and I don't know why. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/1DlYFYz

**EDIT** Also, my Loop button in the transport is still purple from the Deep Purple theme, I assume. I'm not using anything from that theme now, yet the purple button remains! What is the default color of that loop button supposed to be?
Old 10-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
kingocounty

This is a very nice theme, and easy on the eyes in a dark studio. Thank you very much!
kingocounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #24
Commala

Quote:
I'm a little unclear about the file indentation thing in the mixer panel. I have tracks in a folder that I think should not be indented. Look at the attached image and tell me if it looks right. Track 1 is a folder, and tracks 2-10 are all in that folder. For some reason 9 and 10 are indented and I don't know why. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/1DlYFYz

**EDIT** Also, my Loop button in the transport is still purple from the Deep Purple theme, I assume. I'm not using anything from that theme now, yet the purple button remains! What is the default color of that loop button supposed to be?
No that purple is all me baby. Swamp Ape isn't the only flying purple people eater around these parts.

The MCP folder indentation is essentially a hack, and so I've noticed it not being updated promptly sometimes... Did you try giving it a jiggle?

What I mean is, try extending the MCP, or undocking it. Better yet, collapse and uncollapse that folder.
You should be able to get it to refresh the pngs and the folders should display correctly. I hope this isn't a pervasive bug for many people.

Actually, from your screenshot, tracks 2-10 should all be indented, and tracks 3-8 are misbehaving

Looking closer... what's that on the track 2 meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingocounty View Post
This is a very nice theme, and easy on the eyes in a dark studio. Thank you very much!
Thank you! The dark studio is this theme's native habitat, but I'm hoping to do another theme that's a bit brighter for the daylight hours.

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #25
Swamp Ape

Well I rooted around in your rtconfig and couldn't find anything amiss. I guess you really have hit the wall of how many layouts you can pack into a theme! And here I thought I had too many, heh heh.
Swamp Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Ape View Post
Well I rooted around in your rtconfig and couldn't find anything amiss. I guess you really have hit the wall of how many layouts you can pack into a theme! And here I thought I had too many, heh heh.
I guess so. You know it's excessive when it starts breaking things. Maybe I should pare down which layouts get coloured faders, or just reduce the theme to three coloured fader choices instead of like... seven.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #27
edkilp

Quote:
The MCP folder indentation is essentially a hack, and so I've noticed it not being updated promptly sometimes... Did you try giving it a jiggle?

What I mean is, try extending the MCP, or undocking it. Better yet, collapse and uncollapse that folder.
You should be able to get it to refresh the pngs and the folders should display correctly. I hope this isn't a pervasive bug for many people.

Actually, from your screenshot, tracks 2-10 should all be indented, and tracks 3-8 are misbehaving

Looking closer... what's that on the track 2 meter?
I did what you said, and now track 2 is the only indented track. Seems to have a mind of its own! Is there a way to disable the track indenting? It's not something that makes me wanna trash the theme, but I personally feel that if you get to many folders going, it tends to look a little haphazard and just not symmetrical. I love this theme, but I'm not a fan of the indented folders. I think colors are sufficient to distinguish the tracks contained in a folder.

That's MDrummer's MIDI information on track 2.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #28
Swamp Ape

It seems to work fine unzipped though - I guess you have to weigh how much you want it to be flexible vs how easy it is to install. Not that it's hard now, just that it's a couple steps more than usual. I had to seriously prune mine down to be able to include stuff like toolbar icons and even then I was bumping up against the Stash upload limit.

Sometimes I wonder how much people use these seemingly redundant layouts. Especially the "pan at bottom" variants and slightly shuffled tcp layouts. Of course if you cut anything somebody will inevitably tell you all about how they need it down the road...

Last edited by Swamp Ape; 10-17-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Swamp Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #29
Commala

Quote:
I did what you said, and now track 2 is the only indented track. Seems to have a mind of its own! Is there a way to disable the track indenting? It's not something that makes me wanna trash the theme, but I personally feel that if you get to many folders going, it tends to look a little haphazard and just not symmetrical. I love this theme, but I'm not a fan of the indented folders. I think colors are sufficient to distinguish the tracks contained in a folder.

You're probably right. I'll have to look at the walter a bit, but I'm pretty sure there's simply a variable that you can comment out of the entire theme in the rtconfig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Ape View Post
It seems to work fine unzipped though - I guess you have to weigh how much you want it to be flexible vs how easy it is to install. Not that it's hard now, just that it's a couple steps more than usual. I had to seriously prune mine down to be able to include stuff like toolbar icons and even then I was bumping up against the Stash upload limit.

Sometimes I wonder how much people use these seemingly redundant layouts. Especially the "pan at bottom" variants and slightly shuffled tcp layouts. Of course if you cut anything somebody will inevitably tell you all about how they need it down the road...
Yeah I don't know about all those minimal and reduced TCP layouts, but I figured that my goal here was to work on the Default theme, so I decided not to question it's fundamental structure.

Although I say, I like those pan at bottom variants. Sometimes you've just got to get all your pans in a row, you know?

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #30
Commala

Ok, I've posted an update to this theme with better margins on the MCP labels, as fladd suggested. That led me to poking around, excising some unnecessary code, changing the FX list margins as well as the pngs. The small things

For edkilp, I added a little note in the rtconfig to turn off the folder indentation, just like the one for TCP meter readouts that I mentioned to Soli Deo Gloria.

In the rtconfig, find these definitions right near the top of the MCP section:

;--------- to disable indented MCP folders comment with a ";" the next three lines and uncomment the fourth-----------

set low_marg * folderdepth [0 -10]
set low_marg_max * maxfolderdepth [0 -10]
set h_der + h * maxfolderdepth [-10] ; derived height after folder indent doodahs
;set h_der [h]

;---------

Let me know if that goes well for you, Ed.

If a lot of people have trouble or do not prefer the MCP folder indentation, I will make a version of the theme without it. That will require moving some pngs around but shouldn't take long.

I like the folder indentation a lot, personally. Once I saw it in WT Voodoo, I had to have it in my own theme. What do people think about it?

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #31
Soli Deo Gloria

Thank you again for all the work, Commala! I still havenīt met that issue regarding indented folders, so I canīt speak about it right now, but the rest is really gorgeous! Two things I have observed :

- In my main machine I use one of Goferīs color maps for the MIDI Editor, which is very beautiful. On my secondary machine I donīt have any colormap applied, but I donīt see the notesī colors that are shown in the images you posted. Here you can see how it looks : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbsnusku2s...olors.jpg?dl=0 . Maybe the Windowsītheme has anything to do with it? I have a dark classic theme...

- A tiny, microscopic detail : the final "R" of the "MASTER" track is cut, on the MCP and when itīs floating. Just a little aesthetic detail...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #32
Commala

Quote:
- A tiny, microscopic detail : the final "R" of the "MASTER" track is cut, on the MCP and when itīs floating. Just a little aesthetic detail...
I'm not seeing that, but I'll bet it has to do with font sizes and the margins for the master track label. I'll have to expand them to accommodate a slight variability in font sizes...

Quote:
- In my main machine I use one of Goferīs color maps for the MIDI Editor, which is very beautiful. On my secondary machine I donīt have any colormap applied, but I donīt see the notesī colors that are shown in the images you posted. Here you can see how it looks : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbsnusku2s...olors.jpg?dl=0 . Maybe the Windowsītheme has anything to do with it? I have a dark classic theme...
Am I right to assume that this color map is not simply a midi_note_colormap.png? It is a set of colour assignments to be applied to the ReaperTheme text itself? Looks quite strange.

Oh wait, you said the secondary machine has no color map applied, but looks differently than the screenshots? That's mysterious

Quote:

I just replicated this, I think it might happen with preexisting layout structures like those saved in a track template or in a project.

You're right, it works rather... strangely. My apologies, I will release a version with a traditional MCP as well.

I notice the problem occurs for me when the tracks are set to be hidden in the TCP. If I use the track manager to toggle the visibility of these tracks in the TCP, the folder indentation corrects itself in the MCP. Just for those who wish to use this function, despite the apparent bugs. I will look into correcting the code, maybe there is an error.

Last edited by Commala; 10-17-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:37 AM   #33
edkilp

Quote:

I just replicated this, I think it might happen with preexisting layout structures like those saved in a track template or in a project.

You're right, it works rather... strangely. My apologies, I will release a version with a traditional MCP as well.

I notice the problem occurs for me when the tracks are set to be hidden in the TCP. If I use the track manager to toggle the visibility of these tracks in the TCP, the folder indentation corrects itself in the MCP. Just for those who wish to use this function, despite the apparent bugs. I will look into correcting the code, maybe there is an error.
I tried to comment the lines as per your instructions, and it's still indenting. I do hide the tracks in the TCP because they are just receiving MIDI information and therefore I don't need to see them there. I have to go to work, but I'll look forward to getting home this evening to find this all fixed! (just kiddin ya there, buddy!)
Old 10-18-2014, 04:16 AM   #34
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
Am I right to assume that this color map is not simply a midi_note_colormap.png? It is a set of colour assignments to be applied to the ReaperTheme text itself? Looks quite strange.
No, I think I explained myself wrongly. Letīs see :

My usual color map (Goferīs one) looks like this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1gaq2xk53...20map.jpg?dl=0

Itīs a normal png. Thatīs a screenshot of your theme with that color map loaded -youīll notice that I blackened the MIDI Editor background, but itīs yours anyway -.

If I load the png in the Default Commala 3 unpacked folder, or if I just switch to your normal theme and leave itīs default color map the notes look as in the first image that I posted above. I mean, I could never see the colors that are shown in the images you posted.

Quote:
Oh wait, you said the secondary machine has no color map applied, but looks differently than the screenshots? That's mysterious
No, the strangely coloured notes are indeed from the secondary machine with your themeīs default color map. Thatīs what is strange. Anyway, itīs not really a serious issue for me since I can load Goferīs map, but I think itīs fine to report it for the sake of improvement...
Old 10-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #35
fladd

Quote:
Ok, I've posted an update to this theme with better margins on the MCP labels, as fladd suggested. That led me to poking around, excising some unnecessary code, changing the FX list margins as well as the pngs. The small things
Nice! Thanks
Old 10-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #36
Commala

Quote:
No, I think I explained myself wrongly. Letīs see :

My usual color map (Goferīs one) looks like this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1gaq2xk53...20map.jpg?dl=0

Itīs a normal png. Thatīs a screenshot of your theme with that color map loaded -youīll notice that I blackened the MIDI Editor background, but itīs yours anyway -.

If I load the png in the Default Commala 3 unpacked folder, or if I just switch to your normal theme and leave itīs default color map the notes look as in the first image that I posted above. I mean, I could never see the colors that are shown in the images you posted.

No, the strangely coloured notes are indeed from the secondary machine with your themeīs default color map. Thatīs what is strange. Anyway, itīs not really a serious issue for me since I can load Goferīs map, but I think itīs fine to report it for the sake of improvement...
Thanks for reporting this. I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, you don't notice this occurring with any other themes? I mean inheriting a midi_note_colormap.png from elsewhere?

Could there be another Reaper directory where you have placed Gofer's color map? The theme should be able to override anything like that, regardless...

Perhaps others are experiencing this too. Can anyone else post a screenshot of how their midi editor looks with this theme?
Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #37
Commala

Quote:
I tried to comment the lines as per your instructions, and it's still indenting. I do hide the tracks in the TCP because they are just receiving MIDI information and therefore I don't need to see them there. I have to go to work, but I'll look forward to getting home this evening to find this all fixed! (just kiddin ya there, buddy!)
Well, commenting out those lines should definitely work, be sure to save the rtconfig after you edit it (obviously), and reload the theme to see the change.

After you make the changes, those lines should look like this:

;--------- to disable indented MCP folders comment with a ";" the next three lines and uncomment the fourth-----------

;set low_marg * folderdepth [0 -10]
;set low_marg_max * maxfolderdepth [0 -10]
;set h_der + h * maxfolderdepth [-10] ; derived height after folder indent doodahs
set h_der [h]

;---------

That said, it is easy enough for me to release a version without this feature. I need to replace some pngs and change some of the walter code to make it nice though.

Last edited by Commala; 10-18-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #38
gwok

Hi there,

Really nice theme.

I'm getting some graphical issues like below, with buttons getting cut off with certain layouts, any thoughts?

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...44.12%20PM.png
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #39
gwok

I'm also getting issues with tracks that have had their layout changed within a folder, when taking them out of the folder, they retain their indentation (MCP), and it will not reset properly, even if I change layouts/

both tracks here are not in folders, though the indented one had the layout set while it was in folder -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...52.51%20PM.png
Old 10-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #40
gwok

Ah, I found the solution to both problems. It seems that if tracks are moved into a folder or out, their folder indentation in the MCP is not updated unless the tracks are also visible in the TCP. I work with different visibility settings in the MCP and TCP, so that's why I'm seeing the discrepency. Is their a way to have the layout updating not tied to the TCP visibility?

cheers