Old 11-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
baggybag
Human being with feelings

Default Assigning midi mapping to Send effects

Hey reapers,

I'm trying to solve an issue i'm having but I can't find a solution. Basically the title says it all, I have multipl effects sending to my tracks (reverbs, delays, pitch, ...) they work smoothly but i cant assign midi, there's no learn like on insert effects. I saw that there was this vst a few years ago by jeffos but only for the 32bit version. And then someone said that in the sws s&m there might be somethkng similar but i czn not find it.
Reaper is trully amazing but I do think the routing window could be a bit more intuitive, i cant even dock it...anyways, if someone has a clue itd be great.
baggybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
baggybag

Someone ? pls ☺
Old 11-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
domzy

you could assign track sends to MIDI if you have your MIDI input device set to "enable input for control messages"
i think "adjust track send volume" is what you want to search for in the action list
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
baggybag

I have multiple sends per track so the idea is to assign the midi knobs to the track while it is selected

Let's say I have 8 send effects and when I select any track, I would want those knobs to control each send. The problem is that I can only find midi controls for panning, changing the volume, muting, soloing for a per "selected track" action
Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
domzy

Yeah, that's what the action i suggested does, i think there are even 8 sends worth of them, so pretty much exactly what you want.
If you don't know what you are doing with assigning actions to MIDI ctrls perhaps Kenny has a video on it, but it's pretty simple,
go into the action list
find the action you want (there's a search box to narrow things down)
assign it to a controller.

just make sure your MIDI input device is enabled to send control messages (this isn't the same as MIDI CC, it's a Reaper thing)
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #6
baggybag

Normally Kenny solves all my problems but this time the blog had the perfect answer : Realearn.

Works perfectly, here's a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKF2LmIueY8