Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-15-2021, 04:25 AM   #1
SimonViklund
Human being with feelings

Default How to remove silence without introducing anchor points?

Hi,
When I use the remove silence action (which is brilliant btw), it always adds white vertical lines to the separated audio items (that are the product of the "remove silence" action).

These white lines seem to be some sort of anchor points that Reaper prefers to align with the grid (rather than aligning the beginning of the items with the grid) and it's driving me nuts.

There seems to be no option in the "remove silence" window where I can choose for Reaper not to add those anchor points. Any help is appreciated!
SimonViklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:21 AM   #2
xpander
Human being with feelings

Those white lines are snap offset markers. Every item has them by default at the start of the item and you can drag them from the bottom left corner of the item.

Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence) action will move these snap offset markers depending on the settings in the trim window. Set both Leading pad and Auto adjust snap offset to 0, if you want snap offset at the start of each trimmed item.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote