Old 10-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Default Auto drum maps with Battery 4

Is there a way you could make a script that would be able to take all the cell names and their assignments from battery 4, and then create a txt file drum map you can load into reaper?
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:10 PM   #2
yellowmix

No, Battery has to expose that. REAPER allows plugins to communicate note names and it's automatic. Geist 2 does this, as does Sitala (if I recall correctly, I don't use it). In Geist 2 it automatically updates on sample changes, it's great. Not sure if Native Instruments would add it to Battery but you could try asking them.

There's also the issue of what to do if Battery has more than one cell on the same note. What name does the note get? Maybe the first cell assigned to the note.

I do use Battery regularly. One thing I try to do is use the same cell note assignments. That is, kicks start on C, snares start on E, and whatever. As long as I assign the cells to relevant notes I can use the same drum map.

The note names aren't the sample names, but they are the drum instrument which is what I prefer. Of course, you can name it whatever you want.
yellowmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
Sound asleep

Oh ok thanks. Ya, I get what you mean. I may start doing that, but I often like to open up a kit, and then use a lot of parts for that, but I could maybe start assignments the way you're doing it. Thanks!
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote